daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #1061
Taegon
Bulawanong Paghinagalaay

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlyeon
Hala oy, huwag naman kayong nega about Robinsons GenSan please...lets support them. I know they are up to cooking something that meets the tastes of the Generals and the people of SOcsksargen. Ever wonder why Robinsons do not put Huge malls in big metropolis in Mindanao like Davao and Cagayan? there must be some reasons behind why they concentrate building these huge malls in the "developing" cities like Dumaguete, Tacloban and Butuan...did Robinsons misjudged GenSan?
Big cities in this island like Davao and CdeO has already huge malls, many department stores and supermarkets, so there is already a competition among homegrown giants; that's why Robinsons even with their might and experience in national retail industry does not want to take risk, unlike SM or Ayala. In Gensan, they put up a full service mall since there was no competition yet, while believing they could outlast the homegrown giant KCC or even Gaisano. However, Rob Gensan has never made it to outlast the two homegrown giants. The are many factors, perhaps.

In Butuan, I believe Rob can make it. The city's middle class is also increasing. Their only main competitor is Gaisano Mall. And for sure, Gaisano will expand.
Taegon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1062
merlyeon
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taegon View Post
Big cities in this island like Davao and CdeO has already huge malls, many department stores and supermarkets, so there is already a competition among homegrown giants; that's why Robinsons even with their might and experience in national retail industry does not want to take risk, unlike SM or Ayala. In Gensan, they put up a full service mall since there was no competition yet, while believing they could outlast the homegrown giant KCC or even Gaisano. However, Rob Gensan has never made it to outlast the two homegrown giants. The are many factors, perhaps.

In Butuan, I believe Rob can make it. The city's middle class is also increasing. Their only main competitor is Gaisano Mall. And for sure, Gaisano will expand.
Is Robinson's performance in GenSan denotes there not much middle class in that part of the island?

Baka naman mas maraming smart consumers sa GenSan...

Last edited by merlyeon; September 10th, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
merlyeon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #1063
Taegon
Bulawanong Paghinagalaay

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlyeon

Is Robinson's performance in GenSan denotes there not much middle class in that part of the island?
I don't know. Rob Gensan's location might be a big factor of mall's performance. If we talk about Gensan's middle class or Soccksargen as a whole, there are many of them. SM in the first place won't build a huge 125k sq meter mall in the city if the city's or region's middle class is not many.

Let's say you maybe be right na marami sigurong smart consumers sa city or sa region.
Taegon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #1064
merlyeon
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mang_inasal View Post
O Baka kulang lang talaga ang consumers sir...hehehehe!

Hindi pa hinog para magka-ayala siguro mga 12-15 years pa yan.
Ganun ba???
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #1065
Generals

Likes (Received): 40

Speaking of middle classes, there are just too many of them...believe me. However, I believe it is the case that Robs-Gensan can't do well in their marketing strategy.. Kasi if you compare these big malls... with their services and products to offer.. walang wala talaga ang Robs.. even their mall is too small and uninteresting for me. IMO. Ang nangyayari kasi, nagiging last resort na lang ang Robs para sa mga shoppers in times of peak seasons like Christmas, Pasukan, Events etc... I hope sana makabawi sila. In the case of Robs-Butuan naman, ito papatok talaga toh sa kanila... pinagsawaan na nila ang Gaisano nila. Am i right?

Wellspring Of Winners - Gensan
Generals no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1066
Generals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mang_inasal View Post
O Baka kulang lang talaga ang consumers sir...hehehehe!

Hindi pa hinog para magka-ayala siguro mga 12-15 years pa yan.
Kakainin mo din yang mga sinabi mo.. Tandaan mo yan. Make it 2 or 3 years.

Old September 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #1067
merlyeon
BANNED

Quote:
I don't know. Rob Gensan's location might be a big factor of mall's performance. If we talk about Gensan's middle class or Soccksargen as a whole, there are many of them. SM in the first place won't build a huge 125k sq meter mall in the city if the city's or region's middle class is not many.

Let's say you maybe be right na marami sigurong smart consumers sa city or sa region.
Di naman siguro uunlad ang KCC kung walang middle class di po ba?
Kahit naman yung KCC at Gaisano pa lang ang present na malls sa GenSan eh, milya milya kaya ang difference ng dalawa in terms of facilities, service, merchandizes and all...IMO

In Butuan's case, since nagkahinam na jud ang mga Butuanons for a "reform" sa ilahang shopping lifestyle, Robinsons for sure will be a click and a success in the city. Next level na Butuan City!
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #1068
Generals

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPriceWatch View Post
Lahat ng Robinsons sa Mindanao nilalangaw, Robs LKK, Robs Abreeza, Robs Gensan.

The problem with their marketing strategy is centralized.
Wala local promotions.
example, just to win an umbrella or Ipad, Nationwide ang entry ng customers.

Unlike local malls , MURA na may Montero na may Camella homes pa.
Quote:
Wag nalang natin idamay ang lahat. Contrary to Rob Gensan, malakas ang sales ng Rob CdO in LKK and even Rob in Abreeza at kahit Rob Cybergate.
We are referring to a full pledge mall. So far Robs-Gensan pa lang...

Last edited by Generals; September 10th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #1069
BOB-bXu
BXU:stepping on your tail

Likes (Received): 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generals View Post
Sigurado patok ning Robs mall sa Butuan... Ang Robs sa amoa nagahingalo na.
mudaghan ra na in time.....na kurat pa man mga mall goers with the big SM.....but soon the dust settles.....every mall in Gensan will have a niche of its own

lets look at the bright side

" Butuan is a progressive city that is increasingly becoming the commercial and business hub of northeastern Mindanao. We are glad to be part of its development through this project ”
-- Arlene G. Magtibay, Robinsons Land Commercial Centers Division General Manager

BOB-bXu está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #1070
BOB-bXu
BXU:stepping on your tail

Likes (Received): 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPriceWatch View Post
Lahat ng Robinsons sa Mindanao nilalangaw, Robs LKK, Robs Abreeza, Robs Gensan.

The problem with their marketing strategy is centralized.
Wala local promotions.
example, just to win an umbrella or Ipad, Nationwide ang entry ng customers.

Unlike local malls , MURA na may Montero na may Camella homes pa.
been to Rob Abreeza for that Davao Pomelo....been also to LKK Rob store..... so far I did not see any langaw buzzing around

" Butuan is a progressive city that is increasingly becoming the commercial and business hub of northeastern Mindanao. We are glad to be part of its development through this project ”
-- Arlene G. Magtibay, Robinsons Land Commercial Centers Division General Manager

BOB-bXu está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #1071
blueguy
Bislong

Likes (Received): 541

I'm sure magkakaroon din yan ng SM dito *wish mode*...
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #1072
ritche
Your Investment Advisor

Likes (Received): 2294

Let me join your conversation regarding middle class population...

Poverty Incidence in VisMin Urban Centers*:
1. Surigao 40.1%
2. Calbayog 38.7%
3. Malaybalay 34.6%
4. Mati 33.9%
5. Catbalogan 33.6%
6. Maasin 31.4%
7. Ozamiz 29.8%
8. Cotabato 29.4%
9. Ormoc 28.3%
10. Butuan 27.6%
11. Dipolog 26.8%
12. Kalibo 24.9%
13. Iligan 24.4%
14. Marawi 24.2%
15. Cagayan de Oro 22.8%
16. General Santos 22.5%
17. Koronadal 21.7%
18. Pagadian 21%
19. Tacloban 20.5%
20. Lapulapu 19.6%
21. Kidapawan 19.2%
22. Digos 18.8%
23. Talisay, Cebu 18%
24. Tagum 15%
25. Panabo 14.8%
26. Mandaue 14.1%
27. Cebu 13.9%
28. Davao 13.2%
29. Roxas 12.1%
30. Bacolod 11.2%
31. Tagbilaran 11%
32. Iloilo 7.6%
33. Dumaguete 7.4%

*City and Municipal-level Small Area Poverty Estimates, 2009

I would like to speak in behalf of my city since I've been seeing my place mentioned in many of your posts. Dumaguete is almost entirely made up of middle class people, and the fact that it has very low poverty level made me conclude that it has one of the highest per capita income among cities in VisMin, most probably even higher than both CDO and Davao. Remember that Dumaguete only has around 120,000 population but its BPO workforce is now approaching around 10% of the population. So when it comes to why Robinsons built a large mall here, it's because there is a market. Add to that is the growing number of expats and retirees.

I believe Dumaguete has always been on SM's radar screen because of low crime rate, fast growth of its BPO sector (the only small VisMin city included in the Next Wave Cities), and huge market from two developing cities/provinces (Cebu and Bacolod/NegOcc)...Recently, however, Ayala has been seen going around in many big events in the city, even sponsoring some of these events.

Last edited by ritche; September 10th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
ritche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1073
regjeex
Daghay na BANN3D_lol

Likes (Received): 301

aw sinabi na sa article na soon to rise ang SM Butuan, Tagum & Zamboanga after Gensan & Lanang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
I'm sure magkakaroon din yan ng SM dito *wish mode*...
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #1074
ritche
Your Investment Advisor

Likes (Received): 2294

Personally, I believe how well a city eradicates poverty should also be a gauge in its attractiveness for mall projects because we are talking about spending here. And having those poor people around means that a lot of crimes can occur in an area where there is a lot of poverty. Nobody wants to shop in an area where he/she can't be safe.
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #1075
merlyeon
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritche View Post
Let me join your conversation regarding middle class population...

Poverty Incidence in VisMin Urban Centers*:
1. Surigao 40.1%
2. Calbayog 38.7%
3. Malaybalay 34.6%
4. Mati 33.9%
5. Catbalogan 33.6%
6. Maasin 31.4%
7. Ozamiz 29.8%
8. Cotabato 29.4%
9. Ormoc 28.3%
10. Butuan 27.6%
11. Dipolog 26.8%
12. Kalibo 24.9%
13. Iligan 24.4%
14. Marawi 24.2%
15. Cagayan de Oro 22.8%
16. General Santos 22.5%
17. Koronadal 21.7%
18. Pagadian 21%
19. Tacloban 20.5%
20. Lapulapu 19.6%
21. Kidapawan 19.2%
22. Digos 18.8%
23. Talisay, Cebu 18%
24. Tagum 15%
25. Panabo 14.8%
26. Mandaue 14.1%
27. Cebu 13.9%
28. Davao 13.2%
29. Roxas 12.1%
30. Bacolod 11.2%
31. Tagbilaran 11%
32. Iloilo 7.6%
33. Dumaguete 7.4%

*City and Municipal-level Small Area Poverty Estimates, 2009

I would like to speak in behalf of my city since I've been seeing my place mentioned in many of your posts. Dumaguete is almost entirely made up of middle class people, and the fact that it has very low poverty level made me conclude that it has one of the highest per capita income among cities in VisMin, most probably even higher than both CDO and Davao. Remember that Dumaguete only has around 120,000 population but its BPO workforce is now approaching around 10% of the population. So when it comes to why Robinsons built a large mall here, it's because there is a market. Add to that is the growing number of expats and retirees.

I believe Dumaguete has always been on SM's radar screen because of low crime rate, fast growth of its BPO sector (the only small VisMin city included in the Next Wave Cities), and huge market from two developing cities/provinces (Cebu and Bacolod/NegOcc)...Recently, however, Ayala has been seen going around in many big events in the city, even sponsoring some of these events.

kung 1% (assuming) of the total population is mga mayayaman, therefore:

n% (below poverty) + x% (middle class) + 1% (rich) = 100% Population of a City??? hmmmmm....

tama ba?
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #1076
regjeex
Daghay na BANN3D_lol

People must understand kung unsa ni nga thread.. this is Rob thread for Butuan.. didto mo tuda og explain sa inyo... kanang mag cge compare compare mao nay hinungdan sa samok... hunong namo... kay way kaugmaon nang storyaha...
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #1077
regjeex
Daghay na BANN3D_lol

kung pina kaubos inyong lugar sa pobre nga syudad, na kamo na.... way mo babag anang bahina... pero didto mo pasiatab sa inyo kay aron way samok... puro samok ang hinungdan anang mag cge compare....
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #1078
Generals

@regjeex - Ok lang na bai.. I personally think the intention is good. Pero does not follow lang jud iyang gi.post.. we're talking about Robinsons not poverty incidence.. Diba2..

Old September 10th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #1079
Mulvaney

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Speaking of middle classes, there are just too many of them...believe me. However, I believe it is the case that Robs-Gensan can't do well in their marketing strategy.. Kasi if you compare these big malls... with their services and products to offer.. walang wala talaga ang Robs.. even their mall is too small and uninteresting for me. IMO. Ang nangyayari kasi, nagiging last resort na lang ang Robs para sa mga shoppers in times of peak seasons like Christmas, Pasukan, Events etc... I hope sana makabawi sila. In the case of Robs-Butuan naman, ito papatok talaga toh sa kanila... pinagsawaan na nila ang Gaisano nila. Am i right?
I'm glad for this healthy discussion in this thread. I sure do hope Rob Gen San can rebound from their current glut. A drastic change in their marketing strategy might help.
I think SM CDO have this similar predicament years ago... but now the shopping crowds are back!
Butuanons are eagerly anticipating Robinsons arrival. So I'm certain na papatok talaga ito. Medjo sawa nga kami sa Gaisano... but it is more of NADISMAYA because of they seem to take their Butuan customers for granted. E.g No Aircon in their moviehouses, stinking CRs, unsafe parking on some areas (presence of rugby boys and vagrants) and they seldom make sales promo.
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #1080
regjeex
Daghay na BANN3D_lol

i-avoid lang nato kay naay mga tawo nga mobo rang kalipay... kay tendency man gud mahimong samok... kay ang uban dili ka dawat sa explanation...

Quote:
@regjeex - Ok lang na bai.. I personally think the intention is good. Pero does not follow lang jud iyang gi.post.. we're talking about Robinsons not poverty incidence.. Diba2..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: