search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast

Southeast TX, OK, LA, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, KY
» Development News | Atlanta | Florida | Miami | Nashville | Orlando | Tampa Bay | Texas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 27th, 2005, 08:03 AM   #121
krazeeboi

Likes (Received): 84

I've got a bone to pick with the city of Austin. Read on, gentle reader, and hear what I have to say. The city of Austin wonders why everyone hates it. Apparently, it never stopped to think that maybe it's because conniving, juvenile oafs, almost by definition, acquire power and use it to indoctrinate Pecksniffian conspiracy theorists. Of course, this sounds simple, but in reality, the real issue is simple: We must do away with the misconception that the city of Austin is known for its sound judgment, unerring foresight, and sagacious adaptation of means to ends. Developing a policy of inclusion will not be easy, because the city of Austin is totally counter-productive. We all are, to some extent, but it sets the curve. The space remaining in this post will not suffice even to enumerate the ways in which the city of Austin has tried to foist the most poisonously false and destructive myths imaginable upon us. To wrap up, I'll just hit the key elements of this post one last time. First, the city of Austin is certifiably viperine. Second, the city of Austin treats serious issues callously and somewhat flippantly. And finally, in plain language, the city of Austin would love to see me wind up in a straitjacket and locked in a padded cell.
krazeeboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:12 AM   #122
Nic

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeeboi
I've got a bone to pick with the city of Austin. Read on, gentle reader, and hear what I have to say. The city of Austin wonders why everyone hates it. Apparently, it never stopped to think that maybe it's because conniving, juvenile oafs, almost by definition, acquire power and use it to indoctrinate Pecksniffian conspiracy theorists. Of course, this sounds simple, but in reality, the real issue is simple: We must do away with the misconception that the city of Austin is known for its sound judgment, unerring foresight, and sagacious adaptation of means to ends. Developing a policy of inclusion will not be easy, because the city of Austin is totally counter-productive. We all are, to some extent, but it sets the curve. The space remaining in this post will not suffice even to enumerate the ways in which the city of Austin has tried to foist the most poisonously false and destructive myths imaginable upon us. To wrap up, I'll just hit the key elements of this post one last time. First, the city of Austin is certifiably viperine. Second, the city of Austin treats serious issues callously and somewhat flippantly. And finally, in plain language, the city of Austin would love to see me wind up in a straitjacket and locked in a padded cell.
Nic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 10:36 PM   #123
mdude

Likes (Received): 0

I don't know why that study is mistaking "black" with "liberal." I wonder how many whites in Birmingham are liberal compared to whites in cities like Atlanta or Dallas, cities with a much higher global effect.
mdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #124
Dale

Likes (Received): 5350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdude
I don't know why that study is mistaking "black" with "liberal." I wonder how many whites in Birmingham are liberal compared to whites in cities like Atlanta or Dallas, cities with a much higher global effect.
Good point, if only because blacks are typically more conservative than whites on certain social issues.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 11:13 PM   #125
ROCguy

Likes (Received): 2

I would say it is third after New Orleans and Austin. So, on tuesday. it will be second. I know, that was really mean, but sadly, also, true.
ROCguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 11:59 PM   #126
LSyd
Megalomaniac

Likes (Received): 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdude
i'm one of those "liberal whites," although sometimes i'm ashamed of it, but it beats going the other way. (actually, i'm a rational moderate.)

i see plenty of liberal whites in the city, a lot in my neighborhood. there were far more Kerry signs in my area of the city (a largely white hood.)

the conservative whites simply don't live in the city. just like any city in the USA.

-

- gleegieboy
LSyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2016, 10:44 PM   #127
Austinrocks

Likes (Received): 0

Having lived in Austin for many years, I agree with what you're saying. I've been looking for another Southern city closer to the northwestern coast of Florida for over 10 years. I'm still in Austin. I don't know if I'll ever be able to find another place I love as much as I love Austin. Yes, it is liberal. The reason the election of 2000 happened as it did was because we had so many people vote for Ralph Nader who was much more liberal than the Dems at that time.
Austinrocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote