SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Angola's Provinces and Smaller Cities | Cidades do Interior de Angola

Tags
angola
117K views 265 replies 35 participants last post by  JustWatch 
#1 ·
Here are some new photos from Angola´s provinces (they are mainly all taken in 2003 and 2004)...but what surprises me is that a lot remains intact or has been restored...more investment is also trickling inn, I have heard and read....well there are still no glitzy high-rises but the need and emphasis is and should be on other things now.

I start with Lubango

Those who have been to Portugal (Lisbon) know these platform from where you can have an overview over the city...

a public garden

Well, this cine-theater has certainly seen brighter days but the photos dates back from 2003, it is probably has changed.

See less See more
#80 ·
I agree! Huambo appears to be in much better condition than I first thought. Judging by this video, one can see a few new structures in the city, one of what it appears to be a recent structure seems to be an apartment building, it was located down the street, the driver didn't go that route but angled the camera so one can get a better view as he or she stood on the main Ave.

Good music btw. These are the kind of videos which I like, driving down the city with number of views if it's structures, climate and people.

#82 ·
I
agree! Huambo appears to be in much better condition than I first thought. Judging by this video, one can see a few new structures in the city, one of what it appears to be a recent structure seems to be an apartment building, it was located down the street, the driver didn't go that route but angled the camera so one can get a better view as he or she stood on the main Ave.

Good music btw. These are the kind of videos which I like, driving down the city with number of views if it's structures, climate and people.
Pre-war Huambo photos are all awesome, this city was truly very neat, well-planned and beautiful...but nowadays the place is truly better than expected, initially!

#92 ·
Photos on the road in Angola (2007 and end of 2006)

new locally produced Angolan water factory

driving above the clouds...

approaching Namibe

passing a small village

this seems to be one of the numerous new bridges that have been finished

Southern Angola: Namibe

a hotel in Namibe

at the fish market

new houses for the poor

resting place

Lubango

another resting place

below you can see Lubango

how romantic, a little church tucked away in the mountains

this seesm to be some nicely paved walking trail

vantage point down there?

Lubango´s Agricultural College

#93 ·
3.Lagos(dirty,unplanned,not a welcoming city at all)
Misternice, you can also believe me or not but there are some nice areas in Lagos...it is also a city on the move, and despite rampant poverty a city where you probably find the most US Dollar Millionaires in the whole of West and Central Africa! I know some countries in Africa but I have never seen so big and spacious mansions like in Lagos. Lagos and Abuja put together might have the most US dollar millionaires in Africa. believe me, there are numerous filthy rich Nigerian people around...and a burgeoning urban middle-class that that like to show off!

#102 ·
Stormshadow, do you know how to post directly photos from webshots into this forum? Got some pretty recent and nice Lobito pics, some nice rehabilitation work is going on there! But you can´t post them directly, one can just give the link and that´s it! But I don´t think many people will visit the link, they want to see the photos directly!

#103 ·
You can "thumbnail" it directly. The photo that I had used from WebShots are uploaded to my ImageShack for direct access for the viewer without it redirecting the user to Webshots.

At the Beige colored Tab on WEBSHOTS there is a selection titled link it to, when you click on that, the option are now open, I'd advise you to use the post in a forum selection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.