daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Makati

Makati The country's primary financial center

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #1
thomasian

Likes (Received): 579

Jazz Residences [4T|41F|res]

Took this shot on the exhibit of SM Residences during their 'The Mamma Mia Show by SM Residences' event at SMX last December 10, 2008.

Sponsored Links

Old December 19th, 2008, 02:46 AM   #2
ruralvillage

Likes (Received): 4

More photos - different versions
Source: SM Development - Jupiter Residences

Old December 19th, 2008, 03:28 AM   #3
venntro

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralvillage View Post

Hmmm... JUPITER? Will this be located along Jupiter St in Makati City? Could be adjacent to the 2 SM BPO's along the same street as well. However, based on the rendering, it doesn't look like Jupiter St.. Also, there still seems to be a height limit restriction along Jupiter. Anyone who knows where these proposed towers will be located?
venntro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 04:08 AM   #4
dunamis

Likes (Received): 31

This is the project near Yupangco. Its in the corner of N Garcia(Reposo) and Jupiter. This is quite near Century City. Would provide stiff competition to Century considering they have an SM Mall in the ground floor.
dunamis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:29 AM   #5
in_a_rush

kapag project ng SM, kelangan color blue at white talaga.
in_a_rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #6
absolutblue

Likes (Received): 20

Interesting...the close up rendering looks quite nice.
absolutblue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #7
sloanesquare
Tennyson House SW3 2SX

Likes (Received): 56

this is the pldt property ? and they said it would not happen because of the proximity of south cemetery
sloanesquare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #8
-TC-
The OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunamis View Post
This is the project near Yupangco. Its in the corner of N Garcia(Reposo) and Jupiter. This is quite near Century City. Would provide stiff competition to Century considering they have an SM Mall in the ground floor.
I just remembered that there was a column written by Victor Agustin not too long ago about the PLDT stockyard. If what you say is accurate then SM was the unidentified buyer of that property which is a HUGE one at 2.5 hectares! I'll post a map later.

-------------------------------------------------
Funereal stirrings
Victor C. Agustin
Cocktales

The real estate market in Makati is literally rising from the dead.

The shuttered PLDT warehouse adjoining South Cemetery by the intersection of Reposo Street and Metropolitan Avenue has finally been sold, a check at the site showed.

Given that no developer would build a high-rise that overlooks a cemetery, the 2.5-hectare compound had lain unsold in the open market for years.

The going rate for the Jupiter and Reposo area, on the other side of the street, hovers in the P30,000-a-square-meter vicinity. At that price, the PLDT property would have a notional value of P750 million.

It was not immediately clear if the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. knocked off a few dozen millions just to monetize the idle asset.

Can anyone here in SSC confirm?
Old December 19th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #9
-TC-
The OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanesquare View Post
this is the pldt property ? and they said it would not happen because of the proximity of south cemetery
The way the 4 towers were set-up, I think that the wide part of each tower (which are lined up like dominoes one behind the other) faces Jupiter St. to avoid the "view". The narrow part faces the cemetery on the left and Reposo St. on the right.
Old December 19th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #10
venntro

If you pass by the South Cemetery, there's a signage there saying, if I can recall it right, that the Makati City government will be closing the cemetery within a period of 5 years (not sure about the number, it maybe 3 years). So practically, they will be opening up the South Cemetery area, which is a huge area, for investments. Now as to who will be brave enough to build over a former cemetery, that's another question.

Add to the fact is that Binay and the Makati City council have vowed to remove all squatters on government properties before 2010 and widen the Kalayaan road to make it a more viable alternative route.
Old December 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #11
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 168

yeah i've heard that news before that they do plan to close South Cemetery... hmm too bad where all the grave will go.. hehehe
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #12
-TC-
The OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TC- View Post
I just remembered that there was a column written by Victor Agustin not too long ago about the PLDT stockyard. If what you say is accurate then SM was the unidentified buyer of that property which is a HUGE one at 2.5 hectares! I'll post a map later.

Funereal stirrings
Victor C. Agustin
Cocktales

The real estate market in Makati is literally rising from the dead.

The shuttered PLDT warehouse adjoining South Cemetery by the intersection of Reposo Street and Metropolitan Avenue has finally been sold, a check at the site showed.

Given that no developer would build a high-rise that overlooks a cemetery, the 2.5-hectare compound had lain unsold in the open market for years.

The going rate for the Jupiter and Reposo area, on the other side of the street, hovers in the P30,000-a-square-meter vicinity. At that price, the PLDT property would have a notional value of P750 million.

It was not immediately clear if the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. knocked off a few dozen millions just to monetize the idle asset.

Can anyone here in SSC confirm?
Here is the map of the 2.5 hectare PLDT stockyard:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TC- View Post
The way the 4 towers were set-up, I think that the wide part of each tower (which are lined up like dominoes one behind the other) faces Jupiter St. to avoid the "view". The narrow part faces the cemetery on the left and Reposo St. on the right.
Here again are the renders for reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralvillage View Post

The street in the first render must be Reposo Street.

The street in the third render must then be Jupiter Street with a pedestrian overpass.

Last edited by -TC-; January 4th, 2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: edited link
-TC- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:26 AM   #13
thomasian

Likes (Received): 579

Magaling talaga sa ganito ang mga taga SSC. May mapa pa!
Old December 20th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #14
carlo pontevedra
Carlo

AWAK, the City of Makati is just leasing the Manila South Cemetery grounds to Manila. If indeed the news is true that Makati would be closing down the MSC in 5- or 3-year's time, it could be that the lease period would be expiring soon and it would no longer be renewed.
Old December 21st, 2008, 04:25 AM   #15
dunamis

Likes (Received): 31

The PLDT property sale to SM has been confirmed by a very reliable source.

That place now is booming considering that Ayala Land / ALVEO is building a 4 or 5 tower residential tower in the former Zuellig property.
dunamis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 06:25 AM   #16
-TC-
The OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunamis View Post
The PLDT property sale to SM has been confirmed by a very reliable source.

That place now is booming considering that Ayala Land / ALVEO is building a 4 or 5 tower residential tower in the former Zuellig property.
Cool. Thanks for the confirmation.

I agree that this whole strip on the other side of and parallel to Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. from Chino Roces Ave. to the Zuellig Loop extending all the way upto EDSA is already starting to boom.

Since many lots along both Malugay and Jupiter Streets are currently occupied by factories and rows of old low-rise buildings and offices, these make them candidates for massive redevelopment into high rises and mini-cities in the next several years.

At this point, we already have Avida Towers Makati West of the Ayalas and Belton Square of Lucio Tan in the area. And now we are going to have Jupiter Residences of Henry Sy!

And yes I can't wait for Ayala's announcement about their 5-tower plans for the Zuellig property in the next few months! Exciting indeed.
Old December 21st, 2008, 09:02 AM   #17
venntro

Add the Gramercy and Picar developments along Kalayaan, the planned SM mall in the Sta. Ana racetrack area (technically, Manila area already) and the almost finished Antel developments, and we will soon have a wider Makati CBD going north to complement the expanding Rockwell developments. The southern side of Makati is booming as well, Alphaland Southgate, Beacon, Trevi towers, etc..

The Makati CBD is improving and expanding real fast!!!
Old December 21st, 2008, 11:11 PM   #18
Waldenstrom
>>---->

Likes (Received): 35

I thought Sta. Ana race Track is part of Brgy. Carmona, Makati.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:14 AM   #19
rjekonomista

wow a new project on that side of the town... i always notice some construction going on across that PLDT property (corner lot also). I wonder what it is, at first I thought that's the SM development. anyone knows?
rjekonomista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:24 AM   #20
venntro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjekonomista View Post
wow a new project on that side of the town... i always notice some construction going on across that PLDT property (corner lot also). I wonder what it is, at first I thought that's the SM development. anyone knows?
I also noticed that construction in the corner of Reposo and Jupiter but it seems to be a different development considering that it's a relatively small lot. Most likely it will only be a low rise building about a 5-7 story building.

Tags
makati condominium, smdc