daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments

Offshore Developments Dubai's offshore projects including Palm Jumeirah, Palm Deira, Palm Jebel Ali and The Waterfront

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2004, 11:17 AM   #1
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Likes (Received): 19

#PROJECT: THE PALM JUMEIRAH

FACTS
NAME: The Palm, Jumeirah
The Palm JumeirahThe Palm Jumeirah is primarily a retreat and residential area for living, relaxation, and leisure. Construction began on this island in June 2001 and is expected to be completed by late 2005, early 2006.

OFFICAL SITE HEAPS OF INFO
http://www.thepalm.ae/thepalm/

PROJECTS ON PALM
Alantis Hotel, 2000 Rooms 2 Towers
The Pinnacle, 120F

Marina Apartments, 858 apartments, 12 penthouses and 30 townhouses totalling 900 homes. The complex is housed in one of the most prestigious developments on The Palm - located on the uppermost part of the palm trunk, at the top of 'The Golden Mile'.
Palm Terrace Res Apartments. 8/12 Floor Tower. ocated at the centre of the shoreline apartment complex. Inspired by the history and indigenous styles of the Arab world, this twelve storey building reflects an evolved architecture style aptly described as Arab Eclectic.
SUPER TOWER 120F ?

Latest new on Developments go to
http://www.ameinfo.com/news/Company_News/T/The_Palm/

PROJECTS ON PALM
ALANTIS HOTEL 2000 ROOMS
SUPER TOWER 120F ?A

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-King View Post
I did a plotmap for the crescent of The Palm Jumeirah, enjoy!

Last edited by 234sale; March 17th, 2009 at 02:43 PM.
Trances no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 5th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #2
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

There are heaps of threads already about the construction of these islands I know
Now we are moving on to the projects that are going up on each of these islands
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:25 AM   #3
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Marina Apartments were the ones that sold out in 3 days
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:29 AM   #4
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

also the image looks different and much more built up than this on the web site
But here is close up of that tall tower we keep seeing
stolen from thepalm.ae

Last edited by Trances; July 5th, 2004 at 11:34 AM.
Trances no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #5
Alt-Tab

Likes (Received): 0

Latest masterplan

Alt-Tab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:43 AM   #6
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

just out of question what to stop me taking a boat and getting close to this thing ?
I mean I could just hire a jet ski even ?
Old July 5th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #7
rj2uman
PRES Huaiwei Fanclub

Likes (Received): 1

Very true! I was just thinking the same thing! Why would that be in the middle of the water?
Old July 6th, 2004, 07:53 AM   #8
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Palm Terrace

Lined along the oceanside of the trunk, Palm Terrace is ideally located at the centre of the shoreline apartment complex. Inspired by the history and indigenous styles of the Arab world, this twelve storey building reflects an evolved architecture style aptly described as Arab Eclectic.

Living Environment
Equipped with the most modern amenities including hi-tech security systems, the apartments are finished with a touch of sophistication and attention to detail, which is exceptional.

Offering breathtaking views of an expansive horizon that changes a million hues as the day goes by, the apartments are thoughtfully laid out to create a sense of space and comfort. A dwelling you can passionately call home. The place your heart will never want to leave.

Lifestyle of the neighbourhood
As soon as you become part of The Palm community, there is no such thing as a dull moment. We are talking sheer indulgence. Apart from the recreation centres within the apartment complex, there's a whole lot more to take advantage of.

The Palm is open to you if you have passion. Like perfecting that pat on the golf, discovering life underwater, skimming the waters on jet skis or speedboats, or just spending a lazy day on a private beach. If you desire marina lifestyle, you will surely find a whole lot of new friends at the Marinas near by. Now you can call it a vacation when you want to, without leaving your homefront.

For information on Palm Terrace, visit - palmterrace.damacproperties.com
Old July 6th, 2004, 07:55 AM   #9
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Where the hyper tower in the image above ?
Old July 14th, 2004, 04:42 PM   #10
BulldozerGirl

Likes (Received):

Some old and new images/renderings of the Palm Jumeira, courtesy Alt-Tab (whose server seems to be down these days).

February 2004 aerial photo

Golden Mile (That tall thing is called The Pinnacle, right?)

Palm frond

Palm Sea Village

Old drawing of Palm trunk in the afternoon (the mosque was much prettier than that tower - it will violate people's privacy in their private beaches):

Palm trunk in evening (notice that all architects like to draw spotlights at night):

Palm dive centre

Palm dive map (showing replicas of world's most famous diving areas)

Palm Greek theme

Palm Venice

Atlantis Hotel and Waterpark

Palm Island

Old July 15th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #11
Alt-Tab

Latest Palm Jumeirah Renderings

Old July 15th, 2004, 12:58 PM   #12
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

so the supertower is still here good news
Old July 15th, 2004, 01:57 PM   #13
Alt-Tab

I spoke to a Nakheel official in London (They are here selling the Palm Marina apartments here) he said it is still not certain whether they will build the tower. As they are trying to work out the impact on road traffic.

I hope they dont build it in its current location.

Alt-Tab
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:27 PM   #14
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

i dont mixed i not sure it will work but be good would place to view the plam from and get lay of the land. Traffic impact may already be big.
How will they control the road and stop people just driving out for a look ?
Old July 15th, 2004, 03:21 PM   #15
Alt-Tab

>How will they control the road and stop people just driving out for a look ?

There are supposed to be 2 security check points, one for the villa owners (at the top of the trunk) and one for the shoreline apartment owners (right hand side of the trunk)
But i guess people are free to drive up the left hand side of the trunk as there are shops and hotels on that side.

Without the tower "It is estimated that the traffic that will be generated from the Palm Jumeirah alone will be around 8000 vehicles an hour during the peak evening hours."

Alt-Tab
Old July 15th, 2004, 04:03 PM   #16
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Oh I knew there was on at end of trunk but this tower is placed before that point !
8000 is that alot !
Old July 15th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #17
BulldozerGirl

Likes (Received):

Does anyone have renderings of this "wonders of the world" bridge that will connect Palm Jumeira to the mainland?

I also think the present location of this Pinnacle tower is very inappropriate. As Dubai_Boy said once, it looks like the island has been stabbed. There are enough towers at JBR, Dubai Marina, Jumeira Lake, SZR, DIFC, and DMCC, also the Burj al-Arab and several on Palm Jebel Ali and in Dubailand. Why make one on Palm Jumeira and ruin it?

Here's a pic of the Bahamas Atlantis

I don't think it's very remarkable in looks. In fact, it reminds me of a Barbie toy house. The Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi was in the same colour I think. I hope the nice Islamic arch in the Palm Atlantis will make it better, and I hope the colour they choose is decent and not a solid block of flashy yellow.
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:56 PM   #18
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

I have heard news that there will be a 40 STOREY TOWER ON JUMEIRAH PALM
with value of $27 million (Dhs.100 million) for Saba Real Estate. !!! Design on the project is complete. But the Tender happens very soon so seems likely. The project will come up on the trunk of the palm.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 07:58 PM   #19
Karl McF

What is the super tower called and which informations are there about?
Karl McF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:53 PM   #20
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 1037

Crazy, this project is just so extremly huge and fascinating you can't belive it. Its a place i will surly visit in the future.

-----

Concerning the supertower i will agree the tower is in the wrong location, and don't fit into the surroundings at this moment, but the tower looks really interesting and i hope they will built a supertower on The Palm, then The Palm will even become more famous and fancinating that it is today. From the tower you will also experience to view whole The Palm from the air without taking a plane over the island, the view up there must become amazing.

But how are they planning to construct a supertower on The Palm, they need some qind of ground to ceep the tower rising, if not it will sink in few years. Isn't the ground at the whole iceland mostly sand and soil?, its impassible to built such a heavy construction on sand, especally when the earth under the iceland was earlyer a ocean, with only clay as ground.

-----

Anyway, do they have and Norwegian architecture on the iceland? I know they have it on "The World", so i was hoping they was planning to built some Norwegian houses on The Palm and perhaps at Jumeirah Island....
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
artificial island, dubai, island, united arab emirates