daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland

Queensland » Gold Coast | Regional Queensland



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 8th, 2016, 03:01 PM   #2281
PeterJackson
Registered User
 
PeterJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,696
Likes (Received): 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnasi View Post
Is there only going to be one crane on this tower ?
yes according to the construction management plan
__________________

surfnasi, linum liked this post
PeterJackson no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2016, 09:35 PM   #2282
linum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NSW
Posts: 1,157
Likes (Received): 272

Look forward to lots of updates BNE men (and possibly lol women)

I'll be up 26-Feb - can't wait to walk around the CBD.
__________________

BRISBANE liked this post
linum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 02:59 AM   #2283
Locke
Skyscraperologist
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,101
Likes (Received): 3348

Quote:
Originally Posted by linum View Post
Look forward to lots of updates BNE men (and possibly lol women)
Women? Here?



But I'm Sofa King excited that this is finally getting underway.
__________________
Thinking big is not a matter of cost, curiosity, or ideology. It may be a matter of survival.

gerryt1, Chuckeh, BRISBANE, matt :), ex0dus1985 liked this post
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 03:02 AM   #2284
linum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NSW
Posts: 1,157
Likes (Received): 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Women? Here?



But I'm Sofa King excited that this is finally getting underway.
Are there any?

I don't know LOL
linum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 03:26 AM   #2285
gerryt1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,117
Likes (Received): 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Women? Here?



But I'm Sofa King excited that this is finally getting underway.
It appears that you wont have any trouble getting around censorship laws
__________________

Locke liked this post
gerryt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 03:28 AM   #2286
gerryt1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,117
Likes (Received): 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by linum View Post
Are there any?

I don't know LOL
There's one or two (definitely one).......melanie.blizard? Unless she's trying to trick us.
gerryt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 03:57 AM   #2287
bribri
Registered User
 
bribri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: brisbane, australia
Posts: 1,977
Likes (Received): 669

I'd be very surprised if we have woman given we spray for them each year.
__________________

Samuel77 liked this post
bribri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 09:31 AM   #2288
AG
Registered User
 
AG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,034
Likes (Received): 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnasi View Post
Is there only going to be one crane on this tower ?
Crane is going to be relocated inside the core closer to Margaret Street from my understanding.
__________________

gerryt1, surfnasi liked this post
AG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:51 AM   #2289
CULWULLA
Registered User
 
CULWULLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 57,133
Likes (Received): 5162

todays AFR
AMP Capital rejigs financing for Brisbane's tallest tower



AMP Capital is looking to reduce its exposure in what is on track to be Brisbane's tallest tower – one that rises 90 storeys and will add another 1128 apartments to a market where there are increasing concerns of oversupply.

AMP Capital, which is in a joint venture with private developer Billbergia to build the 300 metre tower at at 222 Margaret Street, has been quietly shopping a major portion of its capital exposure to financiers including the big four banks. A deal is likely to be finalised within the next month.

Apartment sales in the tower, which launched in November 2014, have been particularly strong. About 900 apartments or 80 per cent of the tower has been sold despite concerns of a growing oversupply in the market.

AMP Capital's Select Property Portfolio No.3 fund manager Warwick Petschack declined to comment on the new funding deal which will lower the risk for AMP and those major institutions it is investing in the project on behalf of.

An apartment in AMP Capital and Billbergia's Skytower in Brisbane.


an AMP Capital spokeswoman confirmed there would soon be changes.

"AMP Capital has been a capital funding partner on the project," the AMP spokeswoman said, "With these sorts of developments, it is common for a developer to re-arrange capital as the project progresses into a new phase."

The exact commercial terms of AMP Capital's deal are not yet known but at least 5 parties were included in the final round to buy into the tranche.

While the move by AMP could be seen as the first rumblings of a softening Brisbane market, the rate of sales are still strong and leading analysts such as Urbis, Colliers International and Place are likely to report such figures in the next few weeks.


AMP has a long history developing Australia's tallest towers. In 1966, it built the first skyscraper in Sydney – 33 Alfred Street. It also built Sydney's Centrepoint and then built what was Brisbane's tallest tower in 1977, the Gold Tower.

While Skytower will be the tallest in Brisbane it will face some stiff competition from Singapore-based Aspial Corporation's planned tower on Albert Street.

Skytower includes 192 one and two bedroom apartments in the low rise starting from $425,000 through to 224 one, two and three bedroom apartments in the high rise starting from $595,000.
__________________
Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2018..

gerryt1, michael_n_ liked this post
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 02:12 AM   #2290
linum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NSW
Posts: 1,157
Likes (Received): 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
todays AFR
AMP Capital rejigs financing for Brisbane's tallest tower



AMP Capital is looking to reduce its exposure in what is on track to be Brisbane's tallest tower – one that rises 90 storeys and will add another 1128 apartments to a market where there are increasing concerns of oversupply.

AMP Capital, which is in a joint venture with private developer Billbergia to build the 300 metre tower at at 222 Margaret Street, has been quietly shopping a major portion of its capital exposure to financiers including the big four banks. A deal is likely to be finalised within the next month.

Apartment sales in the tower, which launched in November 2014, have been particularly strong. About 900 apartments or 80 per cent of the tower has been sold despite concerns of a growing oversupply in the market.

AMP Capital's Select Property Portfolio No.3 fund manager Warwick Petschack declined to comment on the new funding deal which will lower the risk for AMP and those major institutions it is investing in the project on behalf of.

An apartment in AMP Capital and Billbergia's Skytower in Brisbane.


an AMP Capital spokeswoman confirmed there would soon be changes.

"AMP Capital has been a capital funding partner on the project," the AMP spokeswoman said, "With these sorts of developments, it is common for a developer to re-arrange capital as the project progresses into a new phase."

The exact commercial terms of AMP Capital's deal are not yet known but at least 5 parties were included in the final round to buy into the tranche.

While the move by AMP could be seen as the first rumblings of a softening Brisbane market, the rate of sales are still strong and leading analysts such as Urbis, Colliers International and Place are likely to report such figures in the next few weeks.


AMP has a long history developing Australia's tallest towers. In 1966, it built the first skyscraper in Sydney – 33 Alfred Street. It also built Sydney's Centrepoint and then built what was Brisbane's tallest tower in 1977, the Gold Tower.

While Skytower will be the tallest in Brisbane it will face some stiff competition from Singapore-based Aspial Corporation's planned tower on Albert Street.

Skytower includes 192 one and two bedroom apartments in the low rise starting from $425,000 through to 224 one, two and three bedroom apartments in the high rise starting from $595,000.
Typo - this says 300m tower! THAT would be amazing if they could push it to 300m
linum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 04:57 AM   #2291
madmax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 119
Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
todays AFR
AMP Capital rejigs financing for Brisbane's tallest tower

AMP Capital is looking to reduce its exposure in what is on track to be Brisbane's tallest tower – one that rises 90 storeys and will add another 1128 apartments to a market where there are increasing concerns of oversupply.

...
Hope this doesn't mean more delays on the way.
madmax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 05:15 AM   #2292
nathandavid88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,921
Likes (Received): 6601

I don't think so. The building is about to start to rise.
nathandavid88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 09:20 AM   #2293
AG
Registered User
 
AG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,034
Likes (Received): 371

First concrete for walls and columns going in... under way now.
__________________
AG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 03:21 PM   #2294
OUTOFNOWHERE
Registered User
 
OUTOFNOWHERE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Not Byron
Posts: 917
Likes (Received): 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribri View Post
I'd be very surprised if we have woman given we spray for them each year.

ROFL!!!!! Funniest comment on this thread!

But seriously what ever happened to Catherine?

Wasn't she a architecture student on here?
OUTOFNOWHERE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 01:11 AM   #2295
Fyver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,960
Likes (Received): 380

Walked passed this morning, only saw reo cages getting built, no wet stuff..
__________________
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed herein are not those of my employer, its subsidiaries, clients and partners, not necessarily mine, probably not necessary, and don't intentionally mean to kill the fun.
Fyver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 06:11 AM   #2296
Brizzymike
Sunny Days in Brisbane
 
Brizzymike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8
Likes (Received): 0

I'm sure I have now met a Catherine, the Black Belt Contemporary Architectural Theory. This one seemed to fit the bill.
Brizzymike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 06:36 AM   #2297
linum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NSW
Posts: 1,157
Likes (Received): 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzymike View Post
I'm sure I have now met a Catherine, the Black Belt Contemporary Architectural Theory. This one seemed to fit the bill.
We have a MADONNA fan
__________________

flipst3r liked this post
linum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 07:23 AM   #2298
nathandavid88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,921
Likes (Received): 6601

Some update photos from yesterday, and we have visible progress!


P2140337 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr


P2140336 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr


P2140338 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr


P2140339 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr


P2140341 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr


P2140345 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

A map put up to direct people to the carpark entrance.


P2140344 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

No more cutting through to Mary Street for me...


P2140346 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr
__________________
nathandavid88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 08:03 AM   #2299
Leesome
Registered User
 
Leesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brissie
Posts: 1,832
Likes (Received): 1501

Lots of cement trucks on site today, too
__________________

bne liked this post
Leesome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 09:13 AM   #2300
Samuel77
Registered User
 
Samuel77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: omnipresent
Posts: 2,170
Likes (Received): 1544

I'm still not holding my breath for this one, until I see it at least half way up.

And well done to billbergia if it does get up - it will be the end of an on going saga for this site.
__________________

Malt liked this post
Samuel77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
brisbane, tallest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu