SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Scotland Skybar

223K views 801 replies 95 participants last post by  JohnTw 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hola folks!

So this thread is for general chatter and banter, and doesn't have to be related to Glasgow in the slightest. As long as it doesn't involve stuff that will obviously provoke a negative reaction from people, like talking about the Old Firm, feel free to post anything you like.

I'll start off the proceedings by throwing over the Silent Rave stuff.

Chato-tron: Activate!

The Boy David

=====================================================================================================

Did anyone catch the Glasgow Silent Rave?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRiBzngEYt0

If so how many people turned up?

See less See more
#533 ·
Haha, I laughed when he covered up his nipples.

I din't like the ending though, seemed kinda random to end it there. Because I wanted to know what happened between Greg and Susan and if Dorothy ever found out of their relationship and all. I found that there was a "sequel", but he was a teacher by then and I obviously knew they wouldn't have a follow-up of Gregory and Susan.

#532 ·
Hi guys,

Right, that's me off to Japan tomorrow, so I'll be out of the game for a week or so until I get the internet in my bedsit in Kyoto!

Until then, I'd give Gothic or Wjfox or the like a shout if you'd like something done.

Still waiting on the forums to be renamed. Now that things have settled down, do you all still want the change?

Discuss, and I'll see the results in a weeksish time!

Sayonara!

Dave

#551 ·
Good Luck In Japan Davey. :)

I think most of the Glasgow Forumers feel cheated when they were put to the GMA Sub Forum, myself included Davey, as stated before by many of the Glasgow Forumers we would like to be placed beside the rest of the Metro Areas within the main UK headers.

I dont know why gothic seems to be against this idea, i would think it'd make more sense being placed with the rest of the UK metro areas.

Thats My Honest opinion, if it takes any heed with the Mods.

#540 ·
I love DEUTSCHLAND!!!!!

So far I have taught my Germans:

The 727 on Great Western Road: the wonders of the Scoto-Turko pakora.
Tomatin whisky
The words "banter" and "craic"
They have tried Irn Bru for the first time "Eeet taaashte like medicine yah?!"
Neds should be avoided

Day 1: SUCCESS.

EDIT: THEY LOVE TECHNO

:dance:

EDIT 2: WHY AM I SHOUTING?!?!?!?!

#542 ·
Most likely :yes: - I think it's going to take a while for them to well and truly pick up Scottish English, at some points last night I was being (what I thought was) really quite funny in a subtle way ( :smug: ) but they completely missed it and then when I really wasn't intending on being particularly funny they thought a few things were most hilarious.

Did you get the same with your German Ahhhh, or does your wit transend language? :yes:

#543 ·
Oh, he always laughed at me, of course. He was exactly the same, comedy completely eluded him, the commercial breaks though, apparently they were the funniest thing ever. His sense of humour was, how can I put this, inexplicable. He invited his brother and a friend over for a while. I can't remember how long, a couple of weeks at least though. They laughed (and didn't laugh) at exactly the same things as him so it was clearly cultural imho. The friend got hold of some of my other flatmate's Viz annuals and sat reading them over and over, he loved them. I'm not a big Viz fan so I'm not sure if it was a regular strip or an extra thing in one of the annuals, but he found some stuff taking the piss out of the Germans in ww2. That was his favourite by far. Our living room was on the fourth floor of a block of flats and I could hear him laughing his head off in there from the other end of the street once.

#549 ·
I have been good. Hopefully I should be getting a permit from City of Portland today for a roof dormer extension. It's a pretty modest project, but will be first built work (a few bits of cladding and some dropped ceilings on a building in Edinburgh notwithstanding), so I'm kind of excited.

How are you?

#550 ·
Very good, currently preparing for another year of university and all that comes with it. Got myself my new flatmate yesterday, a German erasmus student so relieved to get all that fixed and excited for my West Highland / Hebridean voyage with a friends from England.

Fort William to Mallaig on the Harry Potter train! :banana:
Mallaig to Skye on the ferry, set up camp in Broadford.
Broadford to Elgol for lunch and then a Loch Coruisk boatrip, back to Broadford and then on to Uig.
Uig to Tarbert, then of to Luskentyre to the beach.

(this is all across a few days so far by the way! :lol:), not sure where to go after? I'm thinking to Stornoway and then over to Ullapool by ferry, past Inbhirpollaidh and maybe down to your kneck of the woods :dunno:

#553 ·
It's actually deeply architecturally uninteresting. The only way it pushes any boundaries is on how cheap it is possible to do an extension. Still, it's good experience.

Have a good trip - it's embarrassing to admit how little of the west coast I've actually seen. Although, I can highly recommend a trip to Knoydart. I went up with some friends from Strathclyde one weekend, via the West Highland railway and the thrice weekly ferry. Amazing to be somewhere so remote, yet on the British mainland. And so close to where I grew up, yet in so many ways, so far away.

#556 ·
Yeah I'm keeping well, you?

I'm in the NE a lot, but also I'm in the Skybar a bit aswell. I don't really get to come on the Glasgow/Scotland section much anymore, I'm not really up to date with anything to provide any more information. I'm still trying to find out if the Newcastle based company Shake"a"holic is still going to move into the Glasgow market.

#565 ·
Evening

Hey There

I am new to this place and thought i would say Hi

I am a construction manager / project manager and recently worked at the new st enoch centre, I am also a freelance photographer selling my glasgow night shots over the world.

So how many of the folk on here are from Glasvegas?

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.