search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2017, 07:57 AM   #1161
Paolonutini98

Likes (Received): 597

Quote:
> Some experts say the RM55bil cost of the ECRL is too high. Any explanation from China?

The cost of construction is not high. There are two reasons:

From Gombak to Kuantan, an 18km-tunnel to cut through Peninsular Malaysia’s Titiwangsa Mountain range needs to be built. The tunnel will be the longest in Malaysia and will be completed within six years. The whole railway will be completed in seven years. It took the Swiss 20 years to complete a similar tunnel.

Secondly, from Kuantan to Terengganu and Kelantan, the railway will be built along the coastal line. More than 30% of the railway will need viaducts to be elevated due to soft clay ground.

This is not an easy project, as the construction and the engineering of geological condition is very complicated. Viaduct and tunnel will take up 30% of the 600km railways.
Food for thought. Answer by Chinese ambassador to Malaysia, dr huang hukang.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/natio...a-recent-phen/

nazrey, shafiilham, Focalor liked this post
Paolonutini98 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2017, 11:05 AM   #1162
Wisarut

Likes (Received): 2399

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
FB desktop link https://www.facebook.com/beng.khieu/...14706502015669

Seems Beng Khieu was talking more of Kelantan end (KB - Pengkalan Kubor) of ECRL Phase 2. Not Selangor end (Gombak Utara - Pelabuhan Klang) of ECRL Phase 2. I'm more interested in the latter. Any further links on that?
I pay SERIOUS attention to Kelantan end (KB - Pengkalan Kubor) of ECRL Phase 2 since Pengkalan Kubor is just opposite to Taba village, Takbai district of Narathiwat - unless, the reopening of sugei golok to pasir mas has become a reality, this ECRL will draw those in Takbai away once the new bridge across Golok river to Pengkalan Kubor has been opened.

BTW, the way to access to Ban Taba right now is to take a local minibus made from pick up from station for the intercity van from Sugei Golok or to Sugei Golok though - I can testify for that since I have been to ban taba by myself.

faiz2014 liked this post
Wisarut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 04:12 PM   #1163
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2172

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
FB desktop link https://www.facebook.com/beng.khieu/...14706502015669

Seems Beng Khieu was talking more of Kelantan end (KB - Pengkalan Kubor) of ECRL Phase 2. Not Selangor end (Gombak Utara - Pelabuhan Klang) of ECRL Phase 2. I'm more interested in the latter. Any further links on that?
Ya lor, me had always thought this as Phase 2 of ECRL because of the importance of the freight connection between the 2 ports - whereas KB-Pengkalan Kubor is going to be a later Phase 3 ???

atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 03:36 PM   #1164
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 1300

Interesting.
Another east west connection to bypass the straits

Quote:
Thai PM supports Malaysia’s proposal for better port connectivity
ECONOMY
Friday, 15 Sep 2017

Penang Port's container operations at the North Butterworth Container Terminal. Both Malaysia and Thailand want to see a better connectivity between Penang Port and Songkhla Port in southern Thailand.
Penang Port's container operations at the North Butterworth Container Terminal. Both Malaysia and Thailand want to see a better connectivity between Penang Port and Songkhla Port in southern Thailand.

BANGKOK: Malaysia’s proposal for a better connectivity between Songkhla Port in southern Thailand and Penang Port has received a thumbs-up from Thai Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha.

The premier said both countries would intensify discussions on the matter as it could be of mutual benefit.

“We share the border, so, I think we should be joining hands. We should develop our economy together through increased connectivity such as our sea ports, customs borders and investment on both sides,” he told the media at the Government House in Bangkok on Friday.

Earlier on Friday, he received Malaysian Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Johari Abdul Ghani and members of the Kuala Lumpur Business Club (KLBC), who were three-day visit to Thailand beginning Wednesday, at his office.

The KLBC’s delegation was headed by its president Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Aziz, who is also CIMB Group
image: https://cdn.thestar.com.my/Themes/img/chart.png

Holdings Bhd group chief executive officer.

Johari sounded off Malaysia’s proposal for a better connectivity between Songkhla Port and Penang Port when he called on Thai Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak on Thursday.

Johari told Bernama that Thailand was excited over the proposal which would see better flow of goods and containers from Songkhla Port to Penang Port as better connectivity between the two seaports was needed due to their close proximity.

Besides providing better linkage between the two ports, Prayut said he and Johari also discussed on the development of the Rubber City between the Songkhla province in southern Thailand and Kedah.

Johari also brought along several potential investors for the Rubber City project and introduced them to Prayut and Somkid.

“From now on, we will discuss further on road construction (at the border) and we will mobilise everything within this year,” Prayut said, adding that he and Johari also discussed ways to increase economic cooperation between the two neigbours.

“Many countries are interested in Thailand and ready to join hands with us,” he said. - Bernama
Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...oVh3VYgtDGr.99
Old September 16th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #1165
Wisarut

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
Interesting.
Another east west connection to bypass the straits

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...oVh3VYgtDGr.99
Well this means, the construction of New Songkla Deep Sea port as the existing Songkla Deep Sea Port has reached the limit - cannot be expanded any further - and the need to construct the new rail link between the new Songkla Deep Sea Port - as Pak bara deep sea port has met with strong protest by NGOs - and those businessmen in Hatyai and Songkla have kept accusing Singapore as the mastermind behind the protest against Pak Bara deep sea port by both NGOs and the locals along with those tourist business who have opened hatred toward the Deep Sea Port idea as it has to be constructed as the artificial Island 5 km from the mainland.
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:39 PM   #1166
Paolonutini98

Found this "estimated" fare for ecrl on a website.

Quote:
Kiraan harga tiket ECRL berdasarkan tambang per KM yg ditetapkan oleh SPAD terhadap perkhidmatan awam jenis rail. Kiraan ini dilakukan oleh follower Maafsebut Yus Hafizie

KL-Bentong-RM6.80
KL-kuantan- RM35.00
KL-KT-RM 66.70
KL-KB-RM89.00

Credit: Maafsebut
Old September 21st, 2017, 01:25 AM   #1167
ciltuz

Likes (Received): 28

the official station distance published on mrl.com.my

This is the proposed train fare at 2024 proposed train fair for passeger service is RM0.24/km for freight service is RM0.14ton.km

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3C...ew?usp=sharing

Gombak Bentong 39.9km price RM 9.60
Gombak Kota SAS 205.7km price RM 50.00
Gombak Kuala Terengganu 392.5km price RM94.20
Gombak KB 524.5km price RM125.90

Last edited by ciltuz; September 23rd, 2017 at 06:10 AM.
ciltuz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 01:45 AM   #1168
Flybyhacker

Likes (Received): 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciltuz View Post
[IMGhttp://mrl.com.my/Canvas/images/mrl-content/R4_MRL_Allignment_BM-copy_v4.jpg[/IMG]
This is the proposed train fare at 2024 proposed train fair for passeger service is RM0.24/km for freight service is RM0.14ton.km
[IMGhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ChQVsPENSINUxyY2tpVXN1VXM/view?usp=sharing[/IMG]

Hope there will be a subsidise rate.
And the Alignment on the picture not the latest one hemmm
Flybyhacker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 03:19 AM   #1169
kelantaneserace

Likes (Received): 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciltuz View Post

Hope this is only for 'ecrl platinum' only
kelantaneserace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 12:21 AM   #1170
Rainbow_DASH
♡~Friendship is Magic~♡

Likes (Received): 711

ECRL industrial skills training programme to draw 3,600 trainees
By HIDIR REDUAN
September 25, 2017 @ 11:27pm

Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh (left) said the three-month programme is today taking in the first 50 engineering graduates from universities in Malaysia and abroad for the programme.(Pix by Farizul Hafiz Awang)

Quote:
KUANTAN: The East Coast Rail Link Industrial Skills Training Programme (PLKI-ECRL) aims to attract 3,600 trainees who will be part of the ambitious 688km rail network project by 2022.

Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh said the three-month programme is today taking in the first 50 engineering graduates from universities in Malaysia and abroad for the programme.

He said that from that pioneering number of 50, 29 trainees are graduates of bachelors degree in civil, mechanical and electrical engineering, while 21 are diploma holders.

He said the pioneering 50 trainees would undergo the training at the Gambang campus of Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP), with the module being a joint effort with China's Beijing Jiatong University and Southwest Jiatong University.

"Trainees who have completed the three-month training under PLKI-ECRL programme will be automatically offered jobs by either MRL (Malaysia Rail Link Company) or CCCC (China Communications Construction Company) or by their respective subcontractors.

"UMP has been appointed as the Focal University for PLKI-ECRL programme due to the cooperation of the Ministry of Higher Education with Malaysia Rail Link, and for the successful completion of the East Coast Rail Link project, launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak (on Aug 9)," he said.

He was speaking on the sidelines of a meet-and-greet session for the first intake of 50 trainees here tonight.

Also present were UMP vice-chancellor Datuk Dr Daing Nasir, MRL chief executive officer Darwis Abdul Razak, and CCCC managing director Bai Yinzhan.

Meanwhile, Idris said the trainees would receive an allowance of RM1,000 a month for degree holders while diploma holders would receive RM900 a month.

He said around 300 trainees would be taken into PLKI-ECRL by December; 400 next year; 1,200 in 2019; 700 in 2020; 500 in 2021; and 500 in 2022.

He added that UMP, through the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, would introduce an elective related to rail technology this semester.
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2...inees#cxrecs_s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg90FXLSa2g
Rainbow_DASH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:47 PM   #1171
DreamboxJB

how u think guys, are they start laying something already or not?
DreamboxJB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 03:45 PM   #1172
Paolonutini98

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamboxJB View Post
I read that major contracts to be awarded next year

DreamboxJB liked this post
Paolonutini98 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 05:48 PM   #1173
kelantaneserace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamboxJB View Post
In kelantan I saw some work in tunjong kota bharu...site office and soil testing work

DreamboxJB liked this post
Old October 9th, 2017, 06:36 PM   #1174
kelantaneserace

PRC workers resting after doing soil testing

Source : Pembangunan Negeri Terengganu
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:06 AM   #1175
elmond

Likes (Received): 101

Newsbreak: ECRL cost to balloon due to double-track feature

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/articl...etrack-feature
elmond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:59 AM   #1176
kelantaneserace

I don't understand the article...1st it mentions single track....but at the other paragraph it says cost to double track it...isn't it later phases?
Old October 10th, 2017, 12:49 PM   #1177
Flybyhacker

Likes (Received): 260

It tries to implies and taint that current price 55 Billion to balloon up more than that with Phase 2 cost and double track.
( Which they may baseline thinking 55 Billion is solely on single track, not double tracking price tag )
Flybyhacker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 01:18 PM   #1178
DreamboxJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolonutini98 View Post
I read that major contracts to be awarded next year
mind to share the source of reading link? thanks
DreamboxJB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 09:54 PM   #1179
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelantaneserace View Post

I don't understand the article...1st it mentions single track....but at the other paragraph it says cost to double track it...isn't it later phases?
Elections is near
And medias need to shout what their masters wanted to say and their fans wanna hear.
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:41 AM   #1180
Wisarut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybyhacker View Post
It tries to implies and taint that current price 55 Billion to balloon up more than that with Phase 2 cost and double track.
( Which they may baseline thinking 55 Billion is solely on single track, not double tracking price tag )
By the rule of thumb, adding 70% of 55000 Million Ringgit for double tracking along with the extra cost for reaching Port Klang in Phase 2