search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 15th, 2017, 03:56 PM   #1581
Flybyhacker

Likes (Received): 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
A bit 'harsh' there Bro - better keep calm lest you be banned by the moderators mah !!!

Flybyhacker no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2017, 08:14 PM   #1582
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Likes (Received): 1752

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonLee View Post
The Penang State Government had failed to get the approval for 10millions free bus service at 2010. Prasarana just rejected the proposal without any good reason.
Link to that proposal/news please. Are you sure it is Prasarana who rejected the proposal? I don't think Prasarana have that power to reject/accept.

Flybyhacker liked this post
sabre23t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 01:31 AM   #1583
SheldonLee

Likes (Received): 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
Link to that proposal/news please. Are you sure it is Prasarana who rejected the proposal? I don't think Prasarana have that power to reject/accept.
Penang to Prasarana: Why are you refusing our money?
TheEdge

October 14, 2013 05:14 am MYT

PETALING JAYA: Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd (Prasarana) could reduce its financial losses if it accepted annual funds of RM10 million from the Penang government to provide free bus services.

Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng called on Prasarana group managing director Datuk Shahril Mokhtar to explain why the company “continuously and consistently” refused to accept the money.

The RM10 million, Lim explained, would have given 1.6 million Penangites free bus rides from 6pm to 9am and from 4.30pm to 8.30pm.

“The refusal to accept money to help increase public transport usage in Penang is not only irrational and unprofessional but also irresponsible,” he said in a statement yesterday.

Lim was commenting on Shahril’s justification following revelations in the 2012 Auditor-General’s Report that seven government-linked corporations (GLCs), including Prasarana, rewarded their employees with bonuses despite recording combined losses amounting to RM2 billion in 2011.

Shahril had stated that the company was providing public services and operating under government-controlled tariffs which could not be increased to reflect rising costs.

He clarified that of the RM763 million in losses, RM400 million was depreciation cost and RM300 million financing cost due to heavy investment in public transportation.

Lim said that DAP supported annual bonuses for government employees to help them reduce the high cost of living, and no one questioned those who received a one-month bonus.

The issue, he said, would not be controversial if the GLCs were making profits.

“But why should the staff working for GLCs receive more if they were making losses just like the federal government which suffers from heavy budget deficit?” the DAP secretary-general quizzed.Prasarana is responsible for the LRT and Monorail systems, and also operates the RapidKL and RapidPenang bus service.For more stories, go to www.fz.com, the website for freedom of expression and fairness in articulation.

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on October 14, 2013.

atmapgnew, zhaochuan liked this post
SheldonLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 05:56 AM   #1584
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonLee View Post
Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd (Prasarana) could reduce its financial losses if it accepted annual funds of RM10 million from the Penang government to provide free bus services.
[...]
The RM10 million, Lim explained, would have given 1.6 million Penangites free bus rides from 6pm to 9am and from 4.30pm to 8.30pm.
Mmm ... That RM10million free service for how many bus routes that requires how many buses? Free only for peak periods it seems, 6-9am and 4.30-8.30pm. So Penang gov pays for services only for those periods. What happen during off-peak period. Does those XX buses stop service during off-peak? Typically during off-peak the passengers load per trip are less than 20% and doesn't pay for the operations cost for that trip. At the end of the day, does RM10million for XX buses covers the daily operations cost of those XX buses. Typically daily operations cost of buses would be RM500 - RM1000 per bus per day, depending on what on-board facilities are provided.
Old September 16th, 2017, 01:04 PM   #1585
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2172

Me think what you're questioning/inquiring is the 'details' - IMHO what Prasarana could have done was to accept the RM10million subsidy proposal first with conditions to study the 'details' and if found not agreeable or run counter to their 'business model' , only then to reject the proposal/money from Penang Gomen and not to just reject the proposed subsidyl outright lor !!!

atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 05:44 PM   #1586
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Quote:
IMHO what Prasarana could have done was to accept the RM10million subsidy proposal first with conditions to study the 'details'
That assumes the conditions of the subsidy proposal is acceptable. Or are you saying the subsidy proposal was unconditional? That doesn't seem so from the 14 Oct 2013 article Sheldon Lee posted earlier.

I understand the conditions to provide service for Penang CAT free bus was acceptable to Prasarana, hence you see RapidPenang still providing that CAT service.

Last edited by sabre23t; September 16th, 2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old September 17th, 2017, 04:28 PM   #1587
atmapgnew

It's all pure conjecture here as all of us forumers don't have any details of what actually transpired between the State Gomen & Prasarana, but coming back to your earlier post regarding Prasarana's rejection of that RM10million, well they DID lor !!!

zhaochuan liked this post
Old September 18th, 2017, 05:16 AM   #1588
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Quote:
It's all pure conjecture here
Not all things are conjectures ...

Quote:
Prasarana rejects Penang’s RM10 million offer, says deal would be bad for company

The Malaysian Insider
BY EILEEN NG
OCTOBER 13, 2013

Public transport operator Syarikat Prasarana Negara Berhad (Prasarana) has rejected the Penang government’s offer of an annual RM10 million grant, hours after Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng made the overture to the financially ailing company.

Its group managing director, Datuk Shahril Mokhtar, said taking the grant in return for providing free bus services in the state during peak hours would worsen the government-linked company's financial position.

He said the company had an open book discussion with the state government where it had been pointed out that despite the grant, Prasarana would lose "much more" if free rides were offered during peak hours.

However, Shahril did not state the amount of losses it would incur.

He said the amount offered by the DAP-led state government was less than the revenue generated by Rapid Penang.
[...]
Quote:
Kampung2005 posted Oct 13 2013, 11:18 PM
RapidPenang revenue was RM 43 million per year.
Accept grant RM 10 million a year, and loses revenue of RM 43 million a year? Doesn't make sense right?

Last edited by sabre23t; September 18th, 2017 at 05:21 AM.
Old September 18th, 2017, 05:24 AM   #1589
atmapgnew

The grant was rejected only HOURS after the CM (LGE) made the overture eh - wow, not even after an in-depth 'study' was done or after being discuss by the board or etc..., how bloody 'arrogant' can anybody get lor !!!

Old September 18th, 2017, 06:06 AM   #1590
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Quote:
The grant was rejected only HOURS after the CM (LGE) made the overture
It was just HOURS after that written overture on 13 Oct 2013. But it was YEARS/MONTHS after earlier offer in 2011. Do read the following article circa 22 Oct 2013 for a more balanced view of this "RM 10 million grant" event ...

Quote:
Prasarana offers olive branch
The Editor / TheEdge
October 22, 2013 05:34 am MYT

GEORGE TOWN: The open feud between the Penang government and Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd (Prasarana) over the state’s proposal for free peak-hour services by the latter’s Rapid Penang bus service seems to be reaching a conciliatory end.
[...]
Prasarana had never said “no” to the proposal — it merely said it cannot do it for RM10 million. fz.com was given to understand that Prasarana makes about RM20 million annually during peak hours on both the island and mainland, and is open to accepting the offer but on shorter hours.
[...]
In 2011, the Penang government offered a RM10 million annual grant to provide free bus rides throughout the state during peak hours — from 6am to 9am and from 4.30pm to 8.30pm — every week-day.
[...]
Facts from above article:
Penang offered RM10 million grant for free buses during peak hours (7hrs).
Prasarana revenue RM20 million during that same peak hours (revenue they have to forego if providing free buses)
Old September 18th, 2017, 07:51 AM   #1591
chleon

Likes (Received): 18

Decentralise public work and transportation help PTMP approver and operate state own public transport service. Sustainable revenue model important for sustainable development. I try search state revenue, got below 2017 projected state revenue. Anyone know the revenue breakdown? What kind of tax can be collected by state?

Penang - RM 687 million - http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2060955
Selangor - RM2550 million - https://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/10/...nt-expenditure
Kedah - RM 734 million.- https://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/11/...ion-463pct?m=1
Perak - RM1080 million - http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2060958
chleon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 11:17 AM   #1592
weikiat82

Likes (Received): 8

Full translation of CM Lim's article from last week

同路不同命 – 联邦管的烂路 槟城管的好路
Same road, different fate: the poorly-managed Federal roads, and the well-maintained Penang state roads

早前出席在商务学校举行的打枪埔中元宴会,正要离席赶往另一场宴会时,被一名出席者拦截,他以哀求的口气跟我说,“林首长啊,你可以帮帮我们吗?那个湖内的路啊,很多破洞,然后整天有工程在那边进行,我们天天经过,都塞到半条命。”
Earlier, when I was attending the 7th month celebrations at the Shang Wu Primary School in Padang Tembak, I was stopped by someone present when I was about to leave for another ceremony. In a pleading tone, he asked me, "CM Lim, can you help us? The road in Relau is full of potholes, and there are always construction works going on. We have to pass by that area every day, and the jams are killing us!"

向随行的助理了解之后,我确认那是英达丽水在湖内进行且拖延了好久的工程。而投诉者诉说的那条位于湖内的主干公路,又恰巧是联邦公路,不是州级公路,轮不到我说要重铺就重铺。
After checking with my assistant, I confirmed that the man was referring to the Indah Water project in Relau that had been severely delayed, and that the road was a Federal road and not a state road, so I had no say in repairing the road.

于是我如实向对方解释,告诉他虽然我是槟州首席部长,但是并不代表每一条路我都可以去“动”。我也详细说明州级公路及联邦公路的权限,他听了之后,很无奈地接受这个现实;但是看着他转身的身影,我觉得我依然需要做一些东西。
So, I told him the truth: Even though I am the CM of Penang, that does not mean I can do what I like to every road in the state. I also explained to him the differences in jurisdiction between State and Federal roads. He reluctantly accepted this fact, but I felt I had to do something as I watched him leave.

2天后,在行政议员林峰成的安排下,我率领包括林峰成、彭文宝、槟岛市政厅秘书秘书尤端祥、当地国会议员蓝卡巴、州议员杨顺行等政府官员及媒体,突击检查英达丽水在该区的工程。在非繁忙时段,人口密集住宅区的交通已经拥挤得不得了,真的苦了那些每天上下班必需路过,以及每天需载送孩子上下课的家长们。
Two days later, Lim Hock Seng from the State Assembly (Bagan Jermal) arranged for us to do a spot check on the Indah Water project in the area. I led the team, which included Lim Hock Seng, Phee Boon Poh (Sungai Puyu), MBPP secretary Yew Tung Seang, local MP Ramkarpal Singh (Bukit Gelugor) as well as other government officials and media. During peak hours, the traffic in the densely populated residential area is impassible, and the people who have to use the road for their daily commute as well as the parents driving their children to and from school suffer.

透过州政府,我们向当局施压,要求对方莫再展延工程的竣工期,也期望人民理解,造成这严重阻塞的,并不是州政府,而是联邦政府机构的计划。
Through the state government, we put pressure on the relevant agencies, to request that there be no further delays in the construction project. We also hope the people will understand, that the cause of this severe gridlock is not the state government, but the plans of federal government agencies.

不只是宴会偶遇的民众有着此等的错误理解,我自己及我行动党的领导层,在夺下槟州政权之前,也以为一旦执政槟州,我们要做什么都可以,要铺好那一条路、要做什么都可以,做了政府之后,才知道在宪法及中央集权之下,即使是当了政府,也不是要做什么都可以。
Not only the person we met at the celebrations had this misconception. Before we took control of the Penang state government, even the leadership of the DAP, including myself, had thought that we could do anything once we were in government in Penang, including repairs for that road. It was only after we took control of the state that we realised that because of legal issues and centralisation, even state governments cannot do anything they want.

打个比方,在2013年,我们计划从直落巴巷到丹绒道光,作一条“脚车共享道”,就是在即不能开山也不便填海的弯曲山路,漆上青色的共享脚车道,一旦有脚车路过,其他有引擎的交通工具都需让路给脚车骑士,向我们欲将槟城打造开一个脚车州迈前一大步。
奈何,一切的策划,都不及一封来自联邦公共工程局的回函来得残酷。对方称,那是联邦管的道路,不许你州政府乱乱画上什么脚车道共享道,管你要将槟城打造成脚车州还是什么,不准就是不准。
For example, in 2013, we planned to create a bike lane along the road from Teluk Bahang to Tanjung Tokong, by taking a lane from the mountain roads. Other vehicles with engines would have to give way to bicycles, which would be a big step for our plan to make bicycles a ubiquitous part of Penang. However, all our plans could not stand under a single letter from the federal Public Works Department, which told us that that road was under federal jurisdiction, and forbade us from going through with the bicycle lane plan. What should the federal government care about your ambitions to create a bicycle culture for Penang? The road is under their jurisdiction, if they disallow it, then it will be disallowed.

当然,执政以来,我们不是没有冒过这个险。刚当政府不久,希捷工厂前的沿海公路,因海水倒灌,导致公路破烂不堪,许多在工业区上班的摩托骑士因此而意外受伤。于是,我们据情向联邦公共工程局上书,要求尽快修复道路。对方称,该局“没有钱”做;那难道你要我州政府眼巴巴着每天数千人冒着生命危险经过该路段吗?
Of course, since we became the ruling party in Penang, we've taken these risks as well. Soon after we formed the state government, the coastal road in front of the Seagate factory was severely damaged by seawater, and many motorists working in the industrial area were injured in accidents caused by this. So, we wrote in to the Public Works Department, to ask them to repair the road as soon as possible. They said that they had no money to carry out the repairs. So, what can I do? Watch as thousands of people risk their lives just to get to work every day?

于是,州政府不管三七二十一,直接越权先铺好路、顾好人民安全再说。结果,路才铺好,州政府就接到消息,指联邦不排除要上庭起诉州政府,说我们违反法律、越权等。虽然后来经过一些方面的周旋,而不了了之,但此后,我们也学习了要好好以身作则,当一个尊重法律的州政府,莫让州政府“难看”。
So, the state government went ahead to repair the road without authorisation, in order to protect public safety. Immediately after the works were completed, the state government was told that the Federation was not ruling out taking the state to court, accusing us of violating the law and taking unauthorised actions. Although this issue went away after we pulled some strings, we learned that the state government should always be a role model and respect the law no matter what, to prevent humiliating the federal government.

所以,当你(人民)看到为什么这条路这么多洞你们(州政府)不去补,却去做什么大道之类的,就要知道,许多州内的道路,其实并不在州政府的权限,有些更不是联邦的权限(因为是私人地),路段一坏,不只是人民迷糊,州政府各单位往往也被搞到团团转,只能写信跟进。
So, when you, the people, see the roads full of potholes left unrepaired by the state government, which focuses on building expressways and avenues, you need to understand that many of the roads in the state are not under the state government's jurisdiction, and some aren't even under federal jurisdiction (because they're on private land). When the roads are damaged, not just the people are left helpless, even the state government is left running in circles, only able to keep up with the situation through letters.

位于槟城州内、但在南北大道公司管理的大道,尽管野草丛生,也轮不到州政府管;槟城大桥突然要维修一条车道长达一年,也轮不到我作主,渡轮班次减少服务欠佳,也不是我说了算的,而这些问题,却从来不见州内的反对党提出。
We can do nothing about the expressway in Penang state that is under the management of PLUS, even if it is overgrown with weeds. I can do nothing if one lane on the Penang Bridge suddenly needs to undergo repairs for an entire year. I have no say even if ferry services are less than satisfactory because of the reduction in frequency. These problems, however, are never brought up by the opposition parties within the state.

因此,当我一提到州内许多破路其实是联邦政府管,人民不要错怪州政府,一些网民就逐一到处巡逻,拍下路洞证明许多路洞的地区也是州政府管辖的。这一点,我承认我们无法100%完美,但是我们两个地方政府与州政府准备接受一切挑战,依据投诉,逐一修好属于我们权限的道路。
So, when I mention that many roads are actually under federal control, and ask people not to blame the state government wrongly, some netizens go all over the place to take pictures of potholes, to prove that many roads of the potholed roads are also controlled by the state. I admit that we cannot do everything 100% perfectly all the time, but our two local governments and state government is willing to accept all challenges, to follow up on complaints and to repair all problematic roads under our jurisdiction one by one.

州政府并不是说称路是联邦的就放手不理,我们也是常常写信给联邦单位跟进要求对方修补,但是对方到底要不要做,要花多久来做,却轮不到我们话事。就以今天我的政治秘书黄汉伟州议员召开记者会所揭示,我与他选区共享的主要道路亚依淡路竟然有同路不同命的明显状况出现(附图),黄汉伟作为当地州议员今年三月向当局反映亚依淡路凹凸不平有坑洞,而钟灵中学校外路段因为是乔治市边界尚属于槟岛市政厅管辖,市政厅于今年六月又再重铺得漂亮美观,反而咫尺之遥在孤儿院之后,特别是昌联银行外路段却因为是联邦管辖,陆路工程局仍然苦等联邦工程部拨款,至今仍迟迟无法修复,坑洞危及路人安全。要知道两段路也是我身为首长的选区,联邦政府尚且如此待之,而选民又会如何看待首长选区的漂亮路段与坑洞路段呢?是我跟州政府推卸责任,还是联邦政府部门无能?
The state government is not saying that we will not care about federal roads. We also write in to the federal agencies often to ask them to repair the roads, but we have no say in whether they want to do it and how long they will take to do it. As revealed in the press conference called by my political secretary Wong Hon Wai (Air Itam) from the state assembly today, the road between our constituencies, Jalan Air Itam, is in two different conditions depending on which constituency it lies in (see attached photo). In March, Wong Hon Wai reported the potholed and uneven condition of the road to the relevant authorities in his role as the local assemblyman. Meanwhile, the section of the road outside Chung Ling High School is on the border of George Town, and therefore under the management of MBPP, so the road was repaved just this June. Just meters away, after the orphanage, especially the section outside CIMB, the road becomes a federal road again, and works are therefore awaiting the funds to come down from the federal government, and the road remains unrepaired to this day. The potholes pose a threat to the safety of pedestrians. I am Chief Minister for both sections of the road, yet the federal government is preventing me from carrying out works. What will voters think about the contrast between the beautiful newly repaved roads and the roads that are potholed and uneven and have fallen into disrepair in the Chief Minister's own district? Is it my state government and myself pushing the blame on others, or is it the federal government departments being ineffectual?

身为一个州的首长,我也常常纳闷,怎么我连一条路要不要铺好都没有权力;但这是法律规定,我不能违法。这就是为何我们行动党中央常常强调,需要地方分权(Decentralization),将地方性的权力下放给各州属去治理,只有当地领导才知道在地问题进而解决,这才尊重民主制度下民选议士及符合由当地人民拥有决定权决定地方事务的民主原则。这包括了教育、学校、卫生、道路等。
As the Chief Minister of a state, I am often troubled that I do not even have to power to decide whether a road should be repaired, but this is set in law, and I cannot violate the law. This is why the DAP often emphasises the importance of decentralisation, to give local power to the states, because only local leaders will know local problems and solve them accordingly. Only then can we talk about respect for the elected representatives and for the popular decision of local residents for local issues according to democratic principles in a democratic system, including in the areas of education, school systems, health and transport.

这么一说,看官是否终于解理,为什么我堂堂一州首长及唯一的华裔首席部长,却被白纸黑字拒绝踏进华小移交拨款。但是反对华校的种族主义巫统却可以进入华校,这是哪门子逻辑与道理?这些年来,我作为一州之长所遭遇到联邦政府机构的差别待遇羞辱,难道还会少?更别说是槟城人民因联邦政府机构怠慢的遭遇与困境。到底是我傲慢还是联邦政府傲慢?到底是我有偏见还是联邦政府有偏见?
So, now you understand, why the Chief Minister of Penang, the only Chinese CM, can be denied permission to enter a Chinese primary school to provide funds to them in black and white, while the chauvinistic UMNO, which is against the existence of vernacular schools, can enter Chinese schools as they like. What kind of logic and what kind of principles are these? All these years, as the head of the state of Penang, I have been shamefully treated and humiliated by the federal government, what else can I expect from them? The people of Penang face a difficult situation because of the inefficacy of the federal government. Who's being arrogant here, me or the federal government? Who's being biased here, me or the federal government?

远的不说,就说主宰槟威两地往来命脉的渡轮及大桥好了,往往不知情的人民,总以为是我们管理欠佳,实为联邦的管辖。更糟糕的是,尽管州政府要出钱做免费巴士服务给州民,联邦也有权力不批。今天在市区每小时6趟的免费巴士,可是我在2009年透过与一些部长的关系,拿到批文,州政府出资才有今天的福利。当联邦过度集权时,就会发生这些州政府空有满腔理想却无立足点去实践的窘境。(是不是好可怕呢?好政策也会被阻)
但,并不是每一个联邦管的机构都不好,槟城快捷通 Rapid Penang 这几年来的公巴服务,有越来越获佳评的趋向。但随着新上任的国家基建公司(Prasarana)头头,我也实在担忧槟城快捷通的未来。看渡轮差劲的服务,主因是领导差、主席差、管理层差,若快捷通不幸步上渡轮的后尘,真的没眼看。若你要看国阵执政的槟州将会是怎么样的状况就得看看渡轮服务,你就可以预想国阵执政是如何的可怕。
Let's focus on the here and now. The condition of the ferries and bridges between Penang and Seberang Perai, which are vital for the survival of the state, is often blamed on the management of the state government by those who do not understand the situation, when these issues in fact fall under the jurisdiction of the Federation. Even when the state offers to pay for free buses for its people, the federal government has the right to reject the plan. Today, there are 6 free buses in the city every hour, but this was only achieved by pulling some strings in the ministries, and by the state government's funding. When power is too centralised in the federal government, we have state governments that are full of ideas that cannot put their plans into action. (Scary, isn't it? Even good plans can get rejected.) Not every federal organisation is bad, of course. RapidPenang's bus services are getting better reviews by the day. But I am truly worried for the future of Penang's transportation. The blame for the dismal state of the ferries lies squarely at the feet of the leaders, the chairmen, and the management. If the rapid transit system follows in the ferries' footsteps, it will be a complete disgrace for Penang. If you want to see how Penang will be like under a BN government, just look at the ferries, and you will know how scary it can be.

个人认为,国家基建及公巴这么重要的任务,理应交由具相关领域经验的专才领导,而不是牺牲人民福祉,施舍给退休高级公务员的安慰奖。
I personally believe, the vital responsibility of providing basic national infrastructure, including buses, should be given to experts specialised in their respective areas, instead of sacrificing the people's happiness and spending wildly on consolation prizes for retiring high-ranking civil servants.

若我们希联有望入主布城,第一件事就是不再让中央集权,我们会下放权力给地方及各州属,实践真正的地方分权,允许地方政府选举,还马来西亚人民一个更理想的国度、更优秀的管理。
If we, Pakatan Harapan, can one day form the government in Putrajaya, the first thing we will do is put a stop to centralisation. We will devolve power to local and state governments, to make decentralisation a reality. We will allow elections for local governments to return the rakyat a more ideal nation and a more outstanding management for their local areas.

林冠英
Lim Guan Eng

Last edited by weikiat82; September 18th, 2017 at 02:47 PM.
weikiat82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:02 PM   #1593
atmapgnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
It was just HOURS after that written overture on 13 Oct 2013. But it was YEARS/MONTHS after earlier offer in 2011. Do read the following article circa 22 Oct 2013 for a more balanced view of this "RM 10 million grant" event ...

Facts from above article:
Penang offered RM10 million grant for free buses during peak hours (7hrs).
Prasarana revenue RM20 million during that same peak hours (revenue they have to forego if providing free buses)
IMHO 'items' from news articles are not facts & self always take it with a 'pinch of salt' - this is from many personal experiences when attending press conferences and reading the news from the next day where most of the things reported were misleading, half-truths & sometimes outright misquoted lor hehehe !!!

Old October 12th, 2017, 11:32 PM   #1594
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 1145

So, any more news regarding this? SPAD still dragging its feet?

I like this by LGE:

If we, Pakatan Harapan, can one day form the government in Putrajaya, the first thing we will do is put a stop to centralisation. We will devolve power to local and state governments, to make decentralisation a reality. We will allow elections for local governments to return the rakyat a more ideal nation and a more outstanding management for their local areas.

zhaochuan, shafiilham liked this post
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 01:06 AM   #1595
atmapgnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Sadly none till now maah !!!

ps but some of BN components are making a lot of noise lately regarding the reclamation works, tunnel & proposed highways loor hehehe !!!

Vince liked this post
Old October 13th, 2017, 02:13 AM   #1596
TheNatcromancer
Transit Gal Pal

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post

I like this by LGE:

There hasn't been any new developments, unfortunately, and it seems that the PTMP is stuck in the transit version of development hell. Suffice it to say, we'll sooner see BRT and RTS completed in JB before we see the first LRT line in Penang.

(On an unrelated, on local governments, couldn't the states currently controlled by PH do just that? Right now the municipal bodies are appointed by the state governments after all. This has been a talking point since at least the last election but there hasn't been any building up on that since then)

Flybyhacker, Vince liked this post
TheNatcromancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 10:10 PM   #1597
SheldonLee

Likes (Received): 198

SPAD got a lot of time to study Johor BRT but not Penang PTMP~
Although the FED mentioned about Penang Monorail ONE DECADE ago, but then SPAD still did nothing for Penang~

I think now we can officially blame Penang BN and the FED now muahaha.
If you can't do your job, just give back the money and power back to our state, please don't do this kind of political revenge at Penangites~

atmapgnew, shafiilham, Vince, taj_naha liked this post

Last edited by SheldonLee; October 15th, 2017 at 09:21 AM.
SheldonLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 03:59 AM   #1598
JonBlack95

Likes (Received): 651

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNatcromancer View Post
There hasn't been any new developments, unfortunately, and it seems that the PTMP is stuck in the transit version of development hell. Suffice it to say, we'll sooner see BRT and RTS completed in JB before we see the first LRT line in Penang.

(On an unrelated, on local governments, couldn't the states currently controlled by PH do just that? Right now the municipal bodies are appointed by the state governments after all. This has been a talking point since at least the last election but there hasn't been any building up on that since then)
If you mean local authority elections, then no. State Assemblies don't have the power to legislate for state election. Its a matter to be handled by the Fed Parliament. We used to have local elections but they were abolished in the 70s.

https://quirkytransitandtravels.wordpress.com/

Quick info on transit in Ireland: https://quirkytransitandtravels.word...t-information/

Vince liked this post
JonBlack95 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 02:12 PM   #1599
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 1145

Not following the Malaysian parliamentary assemblies, but Pakatan lawmakers should keep bringing this issue up in Putrajaya to push the Feds to do something. If SPAD is not functional in certain states, then its time to start their own transportation bodies. Also seek help from the royalties.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote