search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Stadium Design

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 15th, 2017, 01:28 AM   #261
londonnightshifter

Likes (Received): 24

Some of the things you said there I do agree with but a lot I don't. One thing that did catch my eye and I felt I had to reply was this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjmcconnell View Post
If I would have known that this was more about creating a venue that can be used for multiple things, rather than creating a future home for Everton, I would have approached this much differently. I guess I could have just “cheated” and shown one picture of a track inside my stadium and gave zero insight into how that actually would happen, like some did, and I would have gotten some points from the judges.
First of all, it has been known that the plan is to host the commonwealth games in the future Everton stadium so it would be common sense to include it in your design.

Secondly "Cheated" I mean really? It's not really cheating if they have put the work into allowing it. I'm guessing this is targeted at entry #5 at which he could have added more to show it but its not cheating because there was no minimum set on how many renders of athletics mode should be included.

Some could say you "cheated" by using safe standing to achieve a higher capacity or using a bridge that goes out of the site boundary but they may not be correct.

At the end of the day the results won't change but everyone did well and congratulations to them. Also congratulations to mattic who I'm sure puts in loads of hours to create this event.
londonnightshifter no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2017, 03:32 AM   #262
Christchurch

Likes (Received): 410

Thank you Ryan for the feedback, personally I really did like yours and that's why it received my third place vote The roof especially must have taken quite some time to build.

Regarding my athletics setup (a lot of people have mentioned it) I really did do a poor job of showing it in my presentation which I'll learn from for next time

Here's some terrible initial renders (I was learning )that I did about a month or two into the comp:

I regret not including something similar (more high quality) in my presentation.
Christchurch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 04:08 PM   #263
Mr_Carýzo
NC11

Likes (Received): 153

Cool I finished first from the bottom

With my actually computer, I can't download rendering software or SU2017

It annoys me a little
Mr_Carýzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 05:08 PM   #264
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

Likes (Received): 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjmcconnell View Post
[...] As for my entry, #3, I was pretty disappointed where I ended up. I am not sure if I missed how the scoring would be so heavily weighted for the athletics conversion. [...]
Quote:
2.1.3 Optional task

City of Liverpool has a chance to host one of the following editions of Commonwalth Games. Therefore, contestants who are eager for challenges may show their visions of the new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock in two different versions:

in the athletics mode for Commonwealth Games;
and converted into the football mode for Everton F.C. games.

Decision whether the conversion will be permanent or not belongs to the author.

Realization of the optional task gives an opportunity to gain an extra 250 points to final results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyfan View Post
This was the relevant section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonnightshifter View Post
Some of the things you said there I do agree with but a lot I don't. One thing that did catch my eye and I felt I had to reply was this.
First of all, it has been known that the plan is to host the commonwealth games in the future Everton stadium so it would be common sense to include it in your design.

Secondly "Cheated" I mean really? It's not really cheating if they have put the work into allowing it. I'm guessing this is targeted at entry #5 at which he could have added more to show it but its not cheating because there was no minimum set on how many renders of athletics mode should be included.

Some could say you "cheated" by using safe standing to achieve a higher capacity or using a bridge that goes out of the site boundary but they may not be correct.

At the end of the day the results won't change but everyone did well and congratulations to them. [...]
To be honest, I had second thoughts about conversion category weight, but in the end it turns out that it was a right decision. I decide to leave this weight as high cause I set myself two goals to achieve:
  1. to encourage contestants to pick (still) an optional/additional task;
  2. and to make jury voice more valuable.

First goal, in my opionion has been fulfilled quite well. Four of six entries includes implementation of extra task. Since #sdc1 I emphasize that this is not and it won`t be just a "design a $$ 000-seater on desert" competition. Maybe this time I went to far with task complexity but you can be sure that in #sdc4 there`ll be an extra task to pick up! It will be still treated as optional/additional task cause I want to give a chance to beginners to take part in competition. If you want to win the Cup, you`ll have to try a little harder!

Second goal... Well, I knew how many votes I can expect and I guess we achieve pretty nice balance between Jury and Public points.

---

Quote:
[...]Also congratulations to mattic who I'm sure puts in loads of hours to create this event.
Thank you! Actually, I didn`t realized more than a half of my plans I had with this edition, but now I have more time to implement those ideas to #sdc4!

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christchurch View Post
Regarding my athletics setup (a lot of people have mentioned it) I really did do a poor job of showing it in my presentation which I'll learn from for next time
Ryan has some good points. I won`t to brag but I just look at this stadium and I knew how it all works Same in case of Daniel`s entry. However, next time try to show us your "know-how" on diagrams or schemes. It doesn`t have to be shown on renders!

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Carýzo View Post
Cool I finished first from the bottom

With my actually computer, I can't download rendering software or SU2017

It annoys me a little
*Always look for the bright side of live... ta da, ta da..." You were 3rd in Public vote! Look at Sam... He finished last twice, and in his 3rd shot he is 3rd overall! So, head's up!

When I`ll close #sdc3 topic in 100% I`ll try to finally manage to realize my longtime plan to prepare a new tutorials series "from scratch to presentation" and actually there`ll be also a part how to deal with this without rendering software, so I guess you could be intrested in this

Cheers!

Check out previous editions results!
| ★★ | ★★★

Mr_Carýzo, Christchurch liked this post
MaTTiC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2017, 12:02 AM   #265
ryanjmcconnell

Likes (Received): 63

Actually, the bridge was in the area we were allowed to build in and I added safe standing areas because that what a lot of Everton fans in real life want. I was quite comfortably over the minimum capacity without it. Thanks, though!
Quote:

At the end of the day the results won't change but everyone did well and congratulations to them. Also congratulations to mattic who I'm sure puts in loads of hours to create this event.
ryanjmcconnell no está en línea   Reply With Quote