search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Completed Projects and Thread Archive > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2017, 04:24 AM   #141
tony501

Likes (Received): 3

Same Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iltaf View Post
I phoned the customer service no. +971 5224 79006 and asked to be put forward to someone from customer services yesterday. I was put through to Tarek Issa Elsayed (email - [email protected]) who confirmed that emicool will be connecting the water within the next 25-30 days which will allow the AC to work. Once the AC is connected and various checks have been carried out (no idea how long this will take) then the master developer of Dubai Sports City will approve the building (which may take up to another 2-3 weeks) before any handover can be done. However, he did confirm that the unit snagging can be done now and to do the unit snagging we have to book an appointment with Tarek. A fee of 2,500 AED will have to be paid in cash to Tarek (who will be issuing an official receipt on behalf of MED) when we attend to do the unit snagging. Apparently this fee is part of the snagging and handover process. I don't recall any mention in our contracts about a snagging and handover fee. Tarek works for a company called Alma Real Estate. I have email proof requesting the 2,500 AED.
From what I gathered in my telephone conversation no apartment has been handed over and we are still looking at around 2-3 months if not longer from past experience of MED before any apartments are handed over. At the same time MED will be looking at getting more money from us i.e. the snagging and handover fee of 2,500 AED and maybe other fees at later stages.
They had the same A/C issue in December when I visited. So what happened to CRM manager Nadia? But the 2500 AED and snagging allowed is perhaps a BIT positive
tony501 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2017, 04:16 PM   #142
John Patel

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony501 View Post
They had the same A/C issue in December when I visited. So what happened to CRM manager Nadia? But the 2500 AED and snagging allowed is perhaps a BIT positive
At the start of the year MED was asking everyone to register with water and Electricity authorities. Has anyone registered with these firms?
John Patel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 09:39 AM   #143
Iltaf

I haven't signed up to any of these authorities yet because I didn't trust MED in providing us with a handover at that time. Once the unit snagging process has fully completed and I have a firm confirmation of the handover date only then will I sign up to them.
Iltaf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 11:39 AM   #144
John Patel

Quote:
I haven't signed up to any of these authorities yet because I didn't trust MED in providing us with a handover at that time. Once the unit snagging process has fully completed and I have a firm confirmation of the handover date only then will I sign up to them.

The fact is that that handover firm and MED are very slow in responding about the delays. We all know that the building has been ready for four years now. It is up to the handover firm to chase us when the units are ready to be handed over. That does not seem to be the case at the moment. The are still going through the red tape I suppose.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 08:01 PM   #145
tony501

Hand Over Firm

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Patel View Post
The fact is that that handover firm and MED are very slow in responding about the delays. We all know that the building has been ready for four years now. It is up to the handover firm to chase us when the units are ready to be handed over. That does not seem to be the case at the moment. The are still going through the red tape I suppose.
What is a Hand Over Firm's duties? Does that mean that Nadia from CRM is not involved anymore?
Old July 13th, 2017, 09:47 AM   #146
John Patel

Quote:
What is a Hand Over Firm's duties? Does that mean that Nadia from CRM is not involved anymore?

Good question. This is what MED should have informed us when they sent emails about the handover firm. So the answer is only MED and the handover firm knows what the duties are.

The purchasers have not been given enough information by MED. MED has failed miserably as far as communications are concerned.
Old July 18th, 2017, 01:36 AM   #147
tony501

Chilled water

So I was able to contact MED. According them the only thing holding back delivery is the chilled water connection.
Old July 27th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #148
John Patel

Quote:
So I was able to contact MED. According them the only thing holding back delivery is the chilled water connection.

Knowing MED's track record since 2005, it will be a while before the delivery takes place. They just do not have any customer service at all. Bad advertisement for investors in Dubai.
Old July 28th, 2017, 02:58 PM   #149
Iltaf

I have now sold my apartment in the Red Residence building. My business partner went over to Dubai this week with a POA on my behalf and sold our apartment. He actually met up with Nadia since she had to provide him with the NOC document which confirms all payments have been made to the developer. He said that nothing had changed in the building since April 2016 when he was last over there and he couldn't see anything happening in the forseeable future. He also mentioned that another building was going to be built directly next to the Red Residence building so those apartments that do not have a view of the sports grounds will lose value. All in all we just about made a profit on our original investment thanks to the current exchange rate. We are just glad we found a buyer, got our money back and got shot of the dead investment. We only originally invested in this building due to it being an apartment hotel guaranteeing an initial fixed return but then it was changed to a residential development which to date has never been handed over. We can now make good use of our money in another investment. I can provide you details of the company which sold our apartment if you want. Otherwise I wish you all the best for the future and hope you do get the apartments handed over to you soon.
Old August 1st, 2017, 02:26 AM   #150
tony501

For Iltaf

Quote:
I have now sold my apartment in the Red Residence building. My business partner went over to Dubai this week with a POA on my behalf and sold our apartment. He actually met up with Nadia since she had to provide him with the NOC document which confirms all payments have been made to the developer. He said that nothing had changed in the building since April 2016 when he was last over there and he couldn't see anything happening in the forseeable future. He also mentioned that another building was going to be built directly next to the Red Residence building so those apartments that do not have a view of the sports grounds will lose value. All in all we just about made a profit on our original investment thanks to the current exchange rate. We are just glad we found a buyer, got our money back and got shot of the dead investment. We only originally invested in this building due to it being an apartment hotel guaranteeing an initial fixed return but then it was changed to a residential development which to date has never been handed over. We can now make good use of our money in another investment. I can provide you details of the company which sold our apartment if you want. Otherwise I wish you all the best for the future and hope you do get the apartments handed over to you soon.
Yes Iltaf let me know the broker who sold for you.
Old August 1st, 2017, 09:49 AM   #151
Iltaf

Hi Tony,

Sharoon Yaqub from Gold Pillars sold my property for me. His contact details are [email protected] and [email protected]. He was very professional and did majority of the paperwork beforehand so that my business partner was only in Dubai for 3 days for the sale of the property over even though everything got done in 2 days. Sharoon knows the whole process and now has the contacts (including Nadia) with MED.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 03:03 AM   #152
tony501

Thanks Iltaf

Quote:
Hi Tony,

Sharoon Yaqub from Gold Pillars sold my property for me. His contact details are [email protected] and [email protected]. He was very professional and did majority of the paperwork beforehand so that my business partner was only in Dubai for 3 days for the sale of the property over even though everything got done in 2 days. Sharoon knows the whole process and now has the contacts (including Nadia) with MED.
Iltaf thanks!! Any news on the chilled water connection before you sold?
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:17 AM   #153
Iltaf

We didn't really ask about the chilled water connection since we were glad just to make a profit from the sale of the apartment.