daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Hellenic Architecture Agora

Hellenic Architecture Agora Greece and the Republic of Cyprus |» Athens | Thessaloniki | Nicosia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Διαλέξτε υποψήφιο:
inactive poll 0 0%
inactive poll 0 0%
inactive poll 0 0%
inactive poll 0 0%
inactive poll 0 0%
inactive poll 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 27th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #101
dewrob

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by arxeos View Post
who is mojaBL that voted for metroguardian i demand revote this was set up!
He is a Serb. He just didn't read the rules I guess.
dewrob no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:23 PM   #102
arxeos

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewrob View Post
He is a Serb. He just didn't read the rules I guess.
i was only kidding anyway
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #103
dewrob

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by arxeos View Post
i was only kidding anyway
I know, I know

dewrob no está en línea  
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #104
Arxitektonas
Architect Engineer

Likes (Received): 48

As you saw I got 0 votes!!!
It's absolutely funny!!! I forgot even to vote for myself!!!
Nah.....Anyway, I didn't seriously want to become a mod, I'm not the right man after all....Congratulations to MetroGardian, however, who was from the start the favorit....Well done and I hope for you the best as a mod...It's gonna be tough I guess..
Arxitektonas no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 12:12 AM   #105
Cerises
99% Angel

Likes (Received): 371

The poll is closed already??? Well... that's okay as the result is a good one and congratulations to MetroGuardian. But what about Konstantinoupolis? Won't he be a moderator along with MetroGuardian?
Old November 28th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #106
krainer

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
The poll is closed already???
But it was open for a week! Too bad you didn't get to vote it only closed a couple of hours earlier.
Quote:
But what about Konstantinoupolis? Won't he be a moderator along with MetroGuardian?
Nope From now on feel free to express your opinion even if the mod has a different one
krainer no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 01:26 AM   #107
MetroGuardian

Likes (Received): 5

Άρχοντες και υπεράρχοντες σας ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΩ όλους, θερμά!
(και αρχόντισες)

Guys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much for your support and your votes. The last 2-3 days have been completely exhaustive (we had a department and lab review and today I was presenting the work of our group). I couldn't look at the poll, so I didn't enter skyscrapercity at all.

Fortunately everything went great with our presentation, so the first thing I wanted to look immediately afterwards was our Hellenic Agora Forum. And this was the greatest present from you. So, I want to thank each and everyone of you for your votes and your good words. And of course I want to thank all the forumers that voted and participated in this event. I have to note the absolutely courteous and respectable behavior of all the candidates. It was a great honor to be a co-candidate with you guys - and if the value of the winner is measured by the value of his opponents I can be even more happy today.

The result still strikes me. To be honest I didn't believe I would win when I entered my candidacy. Still, when I did, I really wanted and tried to achieve it. What bewilders me most is how the hell someone decides to vote a person he has never seen, never talked to. And if it is the ideas and my way of thinking that you used as a metric, then I am flattered. At least this is what I felt in the beginning, but when I realized, that there wasn't any gift involved, any personal favor, any "ρουσφέτι", then this turned to a feeling of responsibility towards all of you.

The result is overwhelming. I will not promise anything today. When I get the official "moderator" status from the guys supervising the forum, we can start our first big discussion on what we all want.

P.S. On a final note, just for the technicality of the process and to guarantee its seriousness:
The following votes are canceled:
Giorgio: -1 (potiz81 - less than 20 posts)
MetroGardian: -1 (mojabl - not a member of the Hellenic Agora)
Skylinearth: -1 (Achilleas - less than 20 posts)

Well, thank you for voting guys anyway, but we had to keep up with the rules. I don't think they were particularly strict and since the result doesn't change I hope that there will not be any disagreements.

TALLATHENS
MetroGuardian no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #108
savas
head up funny boy

Likes (Received): 413

Well Mr. President congratulations!! I believe and hope that the Hellenic Agora got the best possible new moderator. Thanks to the other guys too who participated and wanted to become a moderator, specialy to Arxitektonas. O votes accepted with such humour!! Also thank you to KONSTANTINOUPOLIS. Apart from your actions, reactions, opinions, right or wrong, you tried your best to keep this place "clean". Nobody's perfect

Hoping for better discussions, more informations, less provocations and unnecessary fights.
savas no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 06:20 AM   #109
kostya
SSC Veteran

Likes (Received): 2183

Αν και δεν πρόλαβα να ψηφίσω, θα ήθελα τον MetroGardian για moderator. Νομίζω είναι ο καταλληλότερος.
kostya no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:14 AM   #110
gm2263
The Jedi Will Rise Again

Likes (Received): 2200

Before this thread is locked, I would like to congratulate our new moderator and hereby say that I will do everything in my power to assist the smooth running of the Hellenic Agora.

I must admit that the other candidates were also worth considering since they are characterised by either a long presence and record of participation in this forum, or by their willingness to contribute to the progress of this venture which, with this change in modship enters a new era of maturity.

We need to thank all candidates for their offering in becoming mods and thus declare their will to devote time and effort in the betterment of the HA. I believe that MetroGuardian has ALL the necessary ingredients to become a mod here, however, he will need all our assistance and positive feedback to succeed in these pertinent demanding tasks. Let's all contribute to this effort to present the built (and not only) environment of our country to the rest of the world.

Congrats Metro kai kalorizikos...
Old November 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #111
LEAFS FANATIC
Μολών λαβέ

Likes (Received): 1360

I, too, would like to congratulate MetroGuardian. Good luck φιλε!

As GM said, we should all do whatever possible to make MetroGuardian's work go as smoothly as possible. We all pretty much know what is "right" and "wrong" SSC forum etiquette. If we all stick to the "right" principles, Metro's work will be manageable. So, to that end, congratulations MetroGuardian! We will all help to make the Agora an informative and fun place to participate in.

Last, but not least, a big thank you to Konstantinoupolis for the work that he did. Whether we agreed with his methods or not, he did work to keep the Agora organized.
LEAFS FANATIC no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #112
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5619

As administrator of the european section I join the Greek forumers in welcoming Metroguardian and I am expressing my gratitude to Konstantinoupolis for all his work as moderator.
Old November 28th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #113
kostya
SSC Veteran

Likes (Received): 2183

Συγχαρητήρια και απο μένα
kostya no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #114
Christos7

Likes (Received): 2

And from me also. Congrats metrogardian.

And thank you to Konstantinoupolis for his time and efforts.
"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Christos7 no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #115
neorion
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post
welcoming Metroguardian and I am expressing my gratitude to Konstantinoupolis for all his work as moderator.
I second that and also applaud the democratic process that transpired, the ancestors would be proud.
Hope to still see Konst. around.
neorion no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #116
Super Tim
virtual

Congratulations MetroGardian, i wish u a good work!

And a "well done" to Konstantinoupolis.

- If our Gods and our hopes are nothing but scientific phenomena, then let us admit it must be said that our love is... scientific as well.
[Auguste Villiers de l'Isle-Adam, L'Ève Future (Tomorrow's Eve), 1886]
Super Tim no está en línea  
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #117
Reaper-strain
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Have we just replaced one mod with another? I thought we needed more mods, not just a switch?
Reaper-strain no está en línea  
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #118
MetroGuardian

Likes (Received): 5

Thank you again for your good words and wishes guys. Reaper, there was no provision for a second mod, though several people suggested it. Let's see how it works under this scheme and we can move to a next round of negotiations if it is needed.

TALLATHENS
MetroGuardian no está en línea  
Old November 29th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #119
skylinearth
Simple User

Likes (Received): 375

MetroGargian a giant welcome from me too! Καλή αρχή!
skylinearth no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:27 AM   #120
NickyF
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Congratulations metrogardian and good luck.

Many thanks also to the previous moderator Konstantinioupolis for all his hard work.
NickyF no está en línea  

Closed Thread