daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished

Old September 16th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #2861
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 3171

Quote:
Originally Posted by weava View Post
What's a supporter card?
It's an actual ID containing your real data and that costs money to get, based on which you are allowed to buy tickets and attend matches. It depends on how an organisation applies the principle but at its worst it can mean that only approved ID owners (they check your criminal record and others) are allowed in stadiums which means that casual stadium goers (people not wanting to commit, tourists) are alientated. It was meant as a means to fidelise fans as customers like companies do and to make crowd control easier (previous offenders don't get cards and for those inside every personal detail is known), but it was a failure in Italy after just three seasons (there are other countries using it too but can't remember which off the top of my head). I don't know how restrictive the Turkish version is but the naysayers claim there are lots of empty stands throughout the country now.

bd popeye liked this post
alexandru.mircea está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 16th, 2014, 02:43 AM   #2862
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 1003

alexandru.mircea, thanks for that explanation. Sounds like the Turkish leagues are trying to set an atmosphere of exclusivity. What you describes hurts the casual fan.

In the US season tickets and club seats are similar but not exclusive. If you have the money you may purchase a ticket.

I am what I am..

Big Daddy Popeye US Navy/retired
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #2863
Red85
AARRGGHH

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
It's an actual ID containing your real data and that costs money to get, based on which you are allowed to buy tickets and attend matches. It depends on how an organisation applies the principle but at its worst it can mean that only approved ID owners (they check your criminal record and others) are allowed in stadiums which means that casual stadium goers (people not wanting to commit, tourists) are alientated. It was meant as a means to fidelise fans as customers like companies do and to make crowd control easier (previous offenders don't get cards and for those inside every personal detail is known), but it was a failure in Italy after just three seasons (there are other countries using it too but can't remember which off the top of my head). I don't know how restrictive the Turkish version is but the naysayers claim there are lots of empty stands throughout the country now.
Netherlands. Works here so-so.

There hasn't been a riot in the stadium for years. But every month there is a large trouble somewhere in the middle of nowhere with hooligans.
Red85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #2864
bd popeye

2nd week of the 2014 NFL season attendance. By the third week all teams will have played at least one home game.

Home team listed first.

Baltimore....8:25 PM ET, September 11, 2014
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, Maryland Weather: 82°, Partly Cloudy Attendance: 71,181

Buffalo....1:00 PM ET, September 14, 2014
Ralph Wilson Stadium, Orchard Park, New York Weather: 58°, Cloudy Attendance: 69,954

Carolina....1:00 PM ET, September 14, 2014
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina Weather: 70°, Cloudy Attendance: 73,586

Cincinnati....1:00 PM ET, September 14, 2014
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio Weather: 66°, Clear Attendance: 58,574

Cleveland....1:00 PM ET, September 14, 2014
FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, Ohio Weather: 61°, Partly Cloudy Attendance: 67,407

Minnesota....1:00 PM ET, September 14, 2014
TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota Weather: 58°, Partly Cloudy Attendance: 52,350

New York Giants....1:00 PM ET, September 14, 2014
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey Weather: 66°, Clear Attendance: 78,344

Tennessee....1:00 PM ET, September 14, 2014
LP Field, Nashville, Tennessee Weather: 75°, Clear Attendance: 69,143

Washington....1:00 PM ET, September 14, 2014
FedEx Field, Landover, Maryland Weather: 65°, Clear Attendance: 80,037

San Diego....4:05 PM ET, September 14, 2014
Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego California, Weather: 94°, Clear Attendance: 67,916

Tampa Bay...4:05 PM ET, September 14, 2014
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida Weather: 88°, Cloudy Attendance: 59,923

Denver....4:25 PM ET, September 14, 2014
Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, Colorado Weather: 85°, Partly Cloudy Attendance: 76,900

Green Bay...4:25 PM ET, September 14, 2014
Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin Weather: 63°, Clear Attendance: 78,041

San Francisco....8:30 PM ET, September 14, 2014
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, California Weather: 78°, Clear Attendance: 70,799

Indianapolis....8:30 PM ET, September 15, 2014
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana Attendance: 64,871

I am what I am..

Old September 16th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #2865
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 497

Falcons laid a huge egg on Sunday, letting the game get away from them in the 3rd quarter. At least gave the fans in Cincy something to cheer about. Surprised the Bengals, projected to do well this year, didn't garner a larger turnout.
Old September 16th, 2014, 05:02 PM   #2866
Fabio1976

Likes (Received): 25

http://news.yahoo.com/soccer-la-liga...8507--sow.html
Fabio1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 10:45 PM   #2867
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 3171

The plot thickens on the new Turkish card thing, Pasolig. Apparently it's being used for Champions League too. I'll be curious for the official attendance of Galatasaray - Anderlecht...

Quote:

Pasolig has been a disaster, ruining Champions League games atmosphere is the last straw!
https://twitter.com/Turkish_Futbol/s...065088/photo/1

alexandru.mircea está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 11:42 PM   #2868
weava

Likes (Received): 284

Quote:
As an American I can't even comprehend this concept. How bad are the crowds that you have to do this?
Honest question to Europeans: Would you feel safe taking a girlfriend or child to a soccer game without these rules in place? Would you feel safe as a visiting fan sitting in a section full of home team fans?
weava no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2014, 02:36 AM   #2869
Kerrybai
Erin go bragh

Likes (Received): 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by weava View Post
As an American I can't even comprehend this concept. How bad are the crowds that you have to do this?
Honest question to Europeans: Would you feel safe taking a girlfriend or child to a soccer game without these rules in place? Would you feel safe as a visiting fan sitting in a section full of home team fans?
Of course, there are sections for families in most stadiums, and in many European countries they don't have ID cards, for example England.

Families don't go into 'Ultra' sections... Also this question is far too broad as European football isn't one brand, each country has different sets of rules ad practices, for example a game at most English and German clubs won't create any trouble while games in Turkey and Eastern Europe can be more volatile.
Kerrybai está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2014, 02:39 AM   #2870
bd popeye

Quote:
The plot thickens on the new Turkish card thing, Pasolig. Apparently it's being used for Champions League too. I'll be curious for the official attendance of Galatasaray - Anderlecht...
Looks like very sparse attendance..in what looks like a top notch stadium.

I am what I am..

Old September 17th, 2014, 02:53 AM   #2871
Kerrybai
Erin go bragh

Likes (Received): 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd popeye View Post
Looks like very sparse attendance..in what looks like a top notch stadium.
It's not unusual for a less glamours group stage tie in the Champions league to draw smaller crowds, however in recent years they have drawn over 40k vs teams like Copenhagen and CFR Cluj so 28k tonight is highly unusual and I'm guessing something to do with the ID cards.
Kerrybai está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #2872
Lakeland

Likes (Received): 812

MLS Week 26 Attendance Update
http://mlsattendance.blogspot.com/20...ce-update.html

Lakeland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #2873
flierfy

Likes (Received): 127

One close race in Scotland might be over, but there is another one which has just started. And this time it's football supporters who are voting with their feet.
As predicted before the start of the season we do indeed have a tight race for the best attended division this season. It's still early days but the numbers are looking promising.

The average attendances so far are as follows:
Division 1 - 7'559
Division 2 - 8'403
Division 3 - 1'040
Division 4 - 532

These averages were calculated on basis of the official attendance figures published by the Scottish Football League on www.spfl.co.uk.

alexandru.mircea liked this post
flierfy no está en línea   Reply With Quote