SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BAGHDAD - Taji Stadium (60,000)

45K views 54 replies 18 participants last post by  Blueandwhite 
#1 · (Edited)
Saturday 23/02/2013

Work continues in the draft Olympic Tajiat Stadium with a capacity of 60 thousand spectators by Pellndbaah company and by half-work and without interruption even in Fridays and public holidays.

The project consists of:

1 - thatched Olympic Stadium with a capacity of 60 thousand spectators.

2 - 4-star hotel has 70 rooms furnished first class.

3 - golf 4 golf training three of them with a capacity of 500 spectators and the fourth has been modified capacity of 2000 spectators to become the 5000 thousand spectators and contains the track.

4 - infrastructure and include parking and lake, green spaces and water and sewer.

According to these specifications can be considered as an integrated sports city project is the first of its kind in the capital Baghdad.

The duration of the completion of the project 30 months.

Be ratified executive business designs that are in the project by consulting engineering firm Harris U.S..

See less See more
Reactions: renshapratama
#5 ·
:banana: largest stadium in Baghdad, Thank you very much MG. Too bad its tracked but at least there is three other 30k stadiums without a track.

Do you know when the Talabah stadium and the other stadiums start construction?

#8 ·
I agree, I'm not really fond of the entire design. But there is news that the design is/might be changed to a football only stadium. They have done that to three other stadiums which were initially supposed to be tracked (Karbala,Najaf and Anbar stadiums were all changed from tracked to football only after they ministry received extreme criticism for building three tracked stadiums in Basrah.

#25 · (Edited)
If I designed this stadium, I should have let it have an initial capacity of 60,000 and then allow for an expansion to 80,000. Why does Basra have to have a larger stadium than Baghdad, anyway?

#28 ·
I hope this doesn't sound like a ill-advised question, but how the hell can a country which is pretty much in the middle of a civil war engage in a large wave of stadium construction? How can it finance it, will people actually go to the games?

Sorry but I guess the things I read on the news everyday makes it sound like this is pretty much a failed state right now, pretty much split in two, and yet it's building new stadiums in every city.

#29 ·
I hope this doesn't sound like a ill-advised question, but how the hell can a country which is pretty much in the middle of a civil war engage in a large wave of stadium construction? How can it finance it, will people actually go to the games? Sorry but I guess the things I read on the news everyday makes it sound like this is pretty much a failed state right now, pretty much split in two, and yet it's building new stadiums in every city.

Haha take it easy dude. Iraq is not in a civil war. We do have some political tensions or problems but we hope its gonna be solved in democratic ways soon after the last election we had in last month.
Security problems do exist in some areas but sure not the whole country, the majority of iraqis do actually live their normal lifes. Unfortunatly our biggest security problem we do have mow is in Anbar province near to the syrian border and that is due to the syrian civil war indeed, and the army are actually doing a great job.

Dont also forget that iraq has now an oil production nearly to 3,5 million barrel per day, and that is increasing for each day since the major oil companies started to invest in the peaceful south and northetn parts of the country.

Regards

#32 ·
Iraq, despite the terrible situation that is going through, has good football players. It was sad that they failed to qualify for Brazil 2014, but the Iraqis have potential to be better and go to Russia in 4 years (their only WC to date was back then in Mexico 1986). I wish Iraq could recover from this unstable situation and be peaceful. :cheers:

Oh, and BTW, I love the design of this stadium! But it looks like some slow progress is being made, who's funding the construction of the stadium? :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.