daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast

Southeast TX, OK, LA, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, KY
» Development News | Atlanta | Florida | Miami | Nashville | Orlando | Tampa Bay | Texas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 29th, 2009, 05:47 AM   #181
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
You watched Miami eke out a win over the fourth-best team in Florida, then win its circle-the-calender game over a bad GT team, then get utterly dismantled by a VT team that had been previously dismantled by Bama. And indeed, Bama dismantled VT. That game was manifestly NOT as close as the score would indicate.

And then you toss in the red-herring of 'blind allegience', clearly a concocted charge if you've followed my other posts.

BTW, it did rain on Miami but not on VT, right ?
Oh, I've followed enough of your posts to see what this is about...and I've known enough fans who were blinded by a rabid support for their team and a hatred for certain other teams' success. I don't have to see anymore to recognize it for what it is.

"The game was not as close as the score indicated"...I love that excuse!

As a real football fan would understand, pouring rain isn't nearly as detrimental to a ground attack team as it is to a passing oriented team. I wouldn't expect you to know that.
WeimieLvr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:47 AM   #182
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeimieLvr View Post
Great reporting! One game makes a team have a certain "place" in the state of Florida. Stop making such foolish statements, please. It's embarassing.
The only poster who's embarrassing himself is the one proclaiming 'back' a team which managed all of 15 yards rushing and was utterly dominated by a team which had to start a true freshman QB.

If that's the kind of performance it takes to be 'back', I'm proclaiming Duke the next juggernaut!

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:51 AM   #183
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Bama View Post
That was 2007, im thinking we are now talking about 2009.
Right...but there is no need to act like South Florida is the equivalent of a high school team either. Again, it's obvious that some people are so in love with their team that they will try to elevate it by jumping on any perceived weakness of a rival team. It's painfully obvious...and immature...and so many other things. But keep going if you wish - it's kinda funny.
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #184
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Quote:
The only poster who's embarrassing himself is the one proclaiming 'back' a team which managed all of 15 yards rushing and was utterly dominated by a team which had to start a true freshman QB.

If that's the kind of performance it takes to be 'back', I'm proclaiming Duke the next juggernaut!
Keep going...I'm getting a good laugh at each of your posts. You're hilarious!
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #185
Dale

Quote:
Oh, I've followed enough of your posts to see what this is about...and I've known enough fans who were blinded by a rabid support for their team and a hatred for certain other teams' success. I don't have to see anymore to recognize it for what it is.

"The game was not as close as the score indicated"...I love that excuse!

As a real football fan would understand, pouring rain isn't nearly as detrimental to a ground attack team as it is to a passing oriented team. I wouldn't expect you to know that.
A 'real football' fan would have noticed that it wasn't the rain, but the pass-rush and coverage that stifled Jacory Harris, that VT did not have trouble passing, and that Miami had trouble running.

And I'll take my rabid support over the sort of frantic reasonings that have one of the nation's poorest defenses and rushing offenses 'back.'

Old September 29th, 2009, 05:53 AM   #186
Dale

Quote:
Keep going...I'm getting a good laugh at each of your posts. You're hilarious!
No, hilarious is the lacrosse conference (ACC) trying to play football.

Old September 29th, 2009, 07:17 AM   #187
maceo9903

Likes (Received): 0

You are both right and wrong. Dale, USF is no pushover. I actually beleive they made it to number 2 in the crazy year of 2007. They are a very solid program. Im in the middle with UM. They are in no means back to the dominant years of '83-'94 and then from '00-'02, but they aren't horrible either. VT took them apart this past weekend. It happens, it's college football. I will say though WeimieLvr, that same VT team was dominated by Bama. Were it not for special teams (which I know is part of the game) the score would have been more lopsided towards Bama. They ran up and down the field on VT. It really wasn't as close as the score indicates.
maceo9903 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #188
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by maceo9903 View Post
You are both right and wrong. Dale, USF is no pushover. I actually beleive they made it to number 2 in the crazy year of 2007. They are a very solid program. Im in the middle with UM. They are in no means back to the dominant years of '83-'94 and then from '00-''02, but they aren't horrible either. VT took them apart this past weekend. It happens, it's college football. I will say though WeimieLvr, that same VT team was dominated by Bama. Were it not for special teams (which I know is part of the game) the score would have been more lopsided towards Bama. They ran up and down the field on VT. It really wasn't as close as the score indicates.
I never said that USF is a pushover. Indeed, they have acquired the reputation, in recent years, of being a giant-killer, and is very likely the second-best program in the state at this time.

What made the loss to USF so striking is: (a) the manner in which FSU was throttled and (b) the fact that USF had to start a freshman QB.

Old September 29th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #189
Sean in New Orleans

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
What's the deal with LSU anyway ? I thought maybe the shaky performance vs Wash was an aberration, maybe relating to cross-country travel. But they've been shaky since. Is Jefferson not performing as hoped ?
Not really...To me they have several weaknesses...defensive and offensive lines, defensive backfield allows some unnecessary catches, although, I WILL SAY that the stand at the end of the game against MSU last Saturday was one of the best stands I've ever seen in college football. MSU was 4 inches from the goal line and couldn't get it in in 4 downs....that is impressive. Talk radio over here basically says that LSU is playing up to par with each opponent every week and that is why they are undefeated. We'll see if that continues. In college football, blowouts impress me. Different story in the NFL, of course, but, you expect LSU to really beat up on a MSU team that is unranked. Time will tell....big LSU games are on the horizon.
Sean in New Orleans no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #190
maceo9903

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I never said that USF is a pushover. Indeed, they have acquired the reputation, in recent years, of being a giant-killer, and is very likely the second-best program in the state at this time.

What made the loss to USF so striking is: (a) the manner in which FSU was throttled and (b) the fact that USF had to start a freshman QB.
True. Make no mistake either, the right team won that game. I was surprised they looked as good as they did with a freshman QB as well. It helped that this FSU squad has a Jeckyll and Hyde element to it, but I take nothing away from USF.
maceo9903 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #191
Stuck in Bama

Likes (Received): 2756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean in New Orleans View Post
Not really...To me they have several weaknesses...defensive and offensive lines, defensive backfield allows some unnecessary catches, although, I WILL SAY that the stand at the end of the game against MSU last Saturday was one of the best stands I've ever seen in college football. MSU was 4 inches from the goal line and couldn't get it in in 4 downs....that is impressive. Talk radio over here basically says that LSU is playing up to par with each opponent every week and that is why they are undefeated. We'll see if that continues. In college football, blowouts impress me. Different story in the NFL, of course, but, you expect LSU to really beat up on a MSU team that is unranked. Time will tell....big LSU games are on the horizon.
I would of though that Les Miles would be on the hot seat after what happened in Starkville Saturday. I think this week game against UGA will say alot about where LSU is in the scheme of things.

BTW I wasnt really shocked about USF beating FSU, again it says alot about where the FSU football program is right now. And what about Houston, they are 2-0 against the Big 12 this season.
Stuck in Bama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:01 AM   #192
Dale

FSU is back!

Old October 4th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #193
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Quote:
FSU is back!
I see you did some growing up since last week...way to go!
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:34 AM   #194
Dale

Quote:
I see you did some growing up since last week...way to go!
FSU sure didn't. 5-6 vs Div I competition since last season.

Old October 4th, 2009, 05:04 AM   #195
Durhamite

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
FSU sure didn't. 5-6 vs Div I competition since last season.
You betta hope Tebow comes back...concussion is serious biz....Qbs just can't keep that up....IMO...FSU lost to two good teams that'll probably get ranked with another win or so.

Maybe it's early, but I'm not thoroughly impressed with Florida this year..last with Percy Harvin...I think they had a better team.

Funny how you keep dissing Miami and FSU...YOU know they're gonna be great programs again....just a matter of time. ALL great programs go through this...Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma....etc.

I've been following college football a LONGGGGG time and in 80s and 90s (pre-old ball coach)..the only were only two teams in Florida; Miami and FSU. I remember Herschel Walker with GA, Auburn and Alabama and LSU being top dogs in the SEC....but Florida Gators....they had some good years but being perennial SEC contenders...I just don't remember that.

I've always liked Miami...(dat swagger...it'll be back)
Durhamite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:10 AM   #196
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durhamite View Post
You betta hope Tebow comes back...concussion is serious biz....Qbs just can't keep that up....IMO...FSU lost to two good teams that'll probably get ranked with another win or so.

Maybe it's early, but I'm not thoroughly impressed with Florida this year..last with Percy Harvin...I think they had a better team.

Funny how you keep dissing Miami and FSU...YOU know they're gonna be great programs again....just a matter of time. ALL great programs go through this...Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma....etc.

I've been following college football a LONGGGGG time and in 80s and 90s (pre-old ball coach)..the only were only two teams in Florida; Miami and FSU. I remember Herschel Walker with GA, Auburn and Alabama and LSU being top dogs in the SEC....but Florida Gators....they had some good years but being perennial SEC contenders...I just don't remember that.

I've always liked Miami...(dat swagger...it'll be back)
Well, we really don't know that either FSU or Miami will be great again. Look at Notre Dame. Look at Nebraska.

Old October 4th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #197
dmoor82
Red Sox Nation!

Likes (Received): 46

Well damn! Miami knocks off OU! I dont want to make any excuses but missing Jermaine Gresham which is an all-american and Sam Bradford a heisman trophy winner and also Broyles in the 1st half,this is like a whole different team,anyways congrats to Miami,a great win after last weeks drubbing vs VT!
dmoor82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:39 AM   #198
Dale

Miami is going to think it's back again, but this OU team is a shell of last year's team:

No Bradford

No Gresham

4 of 5 O-Line starters gone

top two WR's gone

several defensive starters gone

Miami faced an OU team almost devoid of weaponry

Old October 4th, 2009, 06:44 AM   #199
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

...and Miami got an all-important W out of it. Pooooooor Oklahoma and its long list of excuses.
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:47 AM   #200
dmoor82
Red Sox Nation!

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
...and Miami got an all-important W out of it. Pooooooor Oklahoma and its long list of excuses.
No excuses,good game congrats to Miami! but dont get a big head your just now being competitve after what 5-10 years?
dmoor82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
acc, akansas, auburn, bama, clemson, football, ga tech, georgia, kentucky, lsu, memphis state, miss state, nc state, odu, oklahoma, ole miss, osu, sec, southeast college, tenn, uab, unc, uwv, virginia