daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Iraq > Development & Construction > Mixed-use development & Government Buildings

Mixed-use development & Government Buildings building complexes, parliament, council buildings

Closed Thread

Old February 9th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #1
vc15nets

Likes (Received): 61

Iraq Projects

$2bn Baghdad airport renovation

A $2bn re-build of Baghdad International Airport will start in March, Iraq Civil Aviation Authority D-G Dr Adnan Blebil told Gulf News. Three new terminals will be added to lift capacity to 7.5m passengers a year by 2010. Blebil said Iraq is aiming to sign air service agreements soon with Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Iran, with talks ongoing with other countries.
vc15nets no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old February 9th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #2
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 3

$ 2 billion is alot of money. Great for Baghadad but I think there are more important things to spend money on before an airport renovation.
Riyadhi no está en línea  
Old February 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #3
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadhi
$ 2 billion is alot of money. Great for Baghadad but I think there are more important things to spend money on before an airport renovation.
Ill go for a holiday to Iraq in 2010 but wont leave the airport.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #4
dave550

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citystyle
Ill go for a holiday to Iraq in 2010 but wont leave the airport.
Loooooooooool, you better not
dave550 no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2006, 03:40 AM   #5
conquest
كسكس

Likes (Received): 2

2010!!! thats fast, we have to wait until 2020 for the complete renovation of eldorado, and a little bit offtopic i heard that emirates is going to make daily flights to bogota
conquest no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #6
nicouru

$ 2 billion for an airport that might not even be used in any significant way in 2010 due too...I don't know a massive civil war??? That money would be better spent on security, or schooling, healthcare, or things that would actually facilitate social cohesion and entice people to go to Iraq without metallic neck defenses.
nicouru no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #7
Chalaco
:D

The airport renovation is awesome! I hope that while that is taking place other renovations (city, roads, etc) will also take place. Iraq can be such a grand nation , let's not forget Babylon.
Old March 16th, 2006, 05:47 PM   #8
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 276

#IRAQ: $80 billion dollars Al Basra port

and of course the one who is going to build it is a joint between an Iraqi company and an American company.

It will take 4 years (how?)

sorry I couldnt find an english source.

لعراق بصدد تنفيذ مشروع الميناء الكبير بالبصرة بتكلفة 80 مليار

Mar 16, 2006 - 07:04 -

دبى فى 16 مارس / وام / اشار مصدر عراقى مسؤول الى ان بلاده بصدد تنفيذ مشروع الميناء الكبير بالبصرة كميناء ترانزيت عالمى يحقق ربطا حيويا بين اسيا واوروبا.

وقال يعرب المرديني مستشار وزير النقل العراقى فى كلمة له بالجلسة الختامية لمؤتمر النقل الطرقى الدولى الذى عقد بدبى ان بلاده بصدد تنفيذ هذا المشروع الحيوى الذى سيكون هاما فى مستقبل العراق وتركيا ويعتبر بوابة رئيسية بين العراق وتركيا باعتبارهما البوابة الرئيسية لاوروبا.

وفى تصريح خاص لـ/وام/ اوضح المرديني ان المشروع يتضمن تشييد مائة رصيف بطاقة ما بين 400 الى500 مليون طن سنويا ويتوقع البدء فى التنفيذ خلال هذا العام ويستغرق التنفيذ اربع سنوات تقريبا وبتكلفة تصل الى 80 مليار دولار وقد ارسي تنفيذ المشروع بعد قرار الحكومة العراقية على شركة عراقية مشتركة مع شركة عملاقة امريكية

this will dwarf UAE's ports

anyway it is good for Iraq in the long run if things worked smoothly
smussuw no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #9
shayan
Prince of Persia

Likes (Received): 15

this is great news i hope that the iraqies can see through these things that america wants the best for iraq.
sixty years ago, upon the invitation of the Russian Red Cross, Princess Ashraf Pahlavi, twin sister of the Shah of Iran, went to see Stalin in order to demand the retrieval of Soviet invading forces from Iran. The princess entered the Kremlin where she pleaded with great passion for the liberation of Iran, her motherland. Impressed by her courage, Stalin became all smiles. He said loudly to his rather stern entourage: "Now here is a brave and true patriot." Pravda, June 28, 1946.
shayan no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #10
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 10

They can just use Kuwait!! This is a waste of MONEY!
*UofT* no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #11
*UofT*

lets hope its 80billion dollars for the CITY OF BASRA, then I don't have problems with the contract.

But to spend that much on just the port is such a waste of resources.
*UofT* no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #12
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 409

LMAO wipe out UAE ports?

What a stupid stupid article!

This will fail anyway because who the hell wants to do business in Iraq? I hope it fails at this point. 80 billion in the drain because of stupididy.

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..
UnitedPakistan no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 11:07 PM   #13
Hosain85

Likes (Received):

What doesn't make sense? All I said is that imposing something by external force is illegal, like what is happening in Iraq. And I never mentioned any other governments in the ME because they have nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Old March 17th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #14
Qatar4Ever

The usa spent $300 bn dollars of american tax money. In return all these nice beatiful contracts and rich oil fields will go to american compaines. The same compaines ran by politicans and the same compaines who pay $$$ for politican campaigns.
Qatar4Ever no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2006, 12:51 AM   #15
*UofT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosain85
What doesn't make sense? All I said is that imposing something by external force is illegal, like what is happening in Iraq. And I never mentioned any other governments in the ME because they have nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Bro,

What i'm trying to get at is, the only thing that was enforced in Iraq was the removal of Saddam and the occupation forces remaining there that are by and part mainly Western forces.

If you think there is a puppet regime being installed in Iraq then that is a very cynical opinion on the democratic process in that country and you are entitled to what you believe in.

But trust me the Kurds and the Shiite's are ready to move forward with the new governing body of Iraq and its constitution. The problem is that there are some insurgent forces in Iraq that are both Shia and Sunni that are fighting the Western Occupation force. Along with some crazy fanatic muslim groups that are going around blowing up shit left right and center with road side bombs. I'm not going to get into who was responsible for the Shrine bombings but if some of you think that the US is responsible for the Shrine bombings think again, The US only gains profit when there is peace in Iraq.

Regardless of all of this above, the truth of the matter is there are literally hundreds of Imam's in Iraq that have differing intrepretations as to how the country should be run.. Democracy and an electorial process is the only hope along with unity between the three different sectarian groups.
*UofT* no está en línea  
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:29 AM   #16
StormShadow

Likes (Received): 155

#IRAQ: Mosul, city along the Tigris (MEB-V)

Mosul, Iraq

Mosul: Population - 1,739,800

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saint Elijah's Monastery

Mosul Palace

StormShadow no está en línea  
Old September 5th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #17
Very Controversial
Support The Environment

Likes (Received): 4

Is that a big mosque under construction?
Old September 5th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #18
shugs

Likes (Received): 23

Interesting pics... i assume the area is in need of devolopment.. i bet once things settle down construction cranes will pop up all over the place lol
Old September 13th, 2006, 07:15 AM   #19
Zorobabel
Awesomeness

Pretty sad that the people of Mosul travel to Duhok now for all their shopping and leisure time. A decade again Duhok was a village. Now it's a booming city.
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:48 AM   #20
Gilgamesh

Likes (Received): 13

I have to say it looks depressing. You'd never be able to tell it's population is almost 2 mil.
Gilgamesh no está en línea  

Closed Thread