daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 24th, 2015, 08:30 AM   #17201
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Likes (Received): 1547

Lifts at City Railway Station Will Soon Work at Night Too



Quote:
MAJESTIC:Bowing to public demand, lifts and escalators at the city railway station are set to become functional at night as well.

At present, the station has four escalators and five lifts. Platform 1 has up and down escalators, while two escalators that just go up cater to Platform 4 and 5.

The lifts at the city railway station currently function only from 6 am to 10 pm. On an average, seven trains depart from the station between 10 pm and 6 am, three of them daily ones.
The lifts and escalators now function only from 6 am to 10 pm. Passengers reaching or leaving the city at night or in the wee hours have to walk to the exit.
On an average, seven trains depart from the city station between 10 pm and 6 am, three of them daily trains, said Soundararajan, Senior Divisional Operations Manager of Bengaluru Division.

They include the Chennai Mail, Kavery Express and the Shatabdi to Chennai. Nine trains reach the city from other destinations, four of them daily ones: Ernakulam Express, Chennai Mail (reverse direction), Kavery Express (reverse direction) and Sai Prashanti Nilayam Express, he said.

The lifts are manned by Excellent Technologies, whose staff work in two eight-hour shifts, said a top official.

Golf carts are available at the station but a number has to be dialled to summon them to a platform at night. The carts are not accessible to passengers who don’t know the number or have mobile connectivity.

Divisional Railway Manager Sanjiv Agarwal is keen on extending the timings. “There is no point in having all the infrastructure in place and not using it for those who really need it,” he said.

An official in the Electrical Department said it might take a week to a fortnight to extend the service.

On the actual extent of usage by passengers, the official said exact statistics were not maintained.

But roughly, 60 per cent of all passengers who alight or leave the station make use of the lifts and escalators, an official said.

“The escalator on Platform 1 is constantly running while those connecting Platform 4 and 5 aren’t used much because fewer trains arrive there,” he said.

Want a buggy?

You can dial 99007 89789 if you want an electric buggy at the city railway station. Buggies are used to transport luggage on the platforms, and ferry passengers who have problems walking.
Source
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old July 24th, 2015, 08:39 AM   #17202
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Likes (Received): 1547

Access train status at City railway station online

Based on his experience in Washington DC, officer replicates the same technology in Bengaluru

If you want to know the status of outbound or inbound trains from the city railway station, then you need not walk inside the railway station premises. Now, the entire information is just a click away. Any commuter needs to just login to www.bengalururailwaystation.com website to see it online as it is displayed on big screens in the city railway station.
Bengaluru city railway station has become the first of its kind in the country to adopt the technology which is used in Washington DC railway station (Union Station). The project is the brainchild of tech-savvy senior divisional commercial manager Dr Anup Dayanand Sadhu, who saw the technology during his US visit, and decided to replicate this in Bengaluru.
The project got clearance from minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu during his recent visit to the city. Sources say he is now keen on adopting the same technology nationwide. Officially, the website will be launched on Thursday. A mobile app called 'RAILNAV' will also be launched for android users for mobile phones and tablets.
Speaking to Bangalore Mirror, Sadhu said, "The idea came when I was in Washington DC. As it is a major train transportation hub, it is very difficult for a newcomer to get familiar with the systems without assistance. But the app available there was very useful for me, which guided me to the ticket counter and platform from where my train was to depart."
He added, "It was very useful and I thought this technology would be ideal for those visiting Bengaluru. There are around 2.5 lakh people %visiting the city every day and most of them are mobile users This apart, the web version is also available where people can avail of facilities."


What is linked to the website?
Amenities like from where commuters can buy tickets, what parking charges are, waiting rooms and lounge charges, facilities for differently-abled, retiring rooms and dormitory charges, catering facilities, ATMs, station navigation kiosks, customer facilitation centres (CFC), free emergency medical centres, book stall, data connectivity, art gallery and museum, parcel office/luggage office, medicine stores, baggage stores, police assistance, railway protection force (RPF), grievance redressal, transport, tourism, potable water, child help, escalators/ footbridge and licensed porter service are also available on the website. Also, if a commuter wants to book a ticket, then he will be directed to the IRCTC website and to check PNR status, he will be taken to the main Indian railways website. The website also furnishes details of 10 important destinations to be visited in the city.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/48179608.cms
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2015, 08:44 AM   #17203
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Likes (Received): 1547

From Dr. Anup Dayanand Sadhu's FB page





__________________
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 09:17 AM   #17204
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Likes (Received): 1547

New fast food unit at City rly station

»The City Railway Station on Saturday got a new fast food unit on Platform 6. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation has also started a similar fast food unit between Platforms 7 and 8. 11 more food plazas and fast food units are getting ready for commissioning at Bengaluru City, Kengeri, Yeshwanthpur, Whitefield, Bangalore East, Bangarpet, Arsikere, Hassan and Mysuru railway stations.

Source: Deccan Herald dated 26.07.2015
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 08:18 AM   #17205
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Likes (Received): 1547

Hosadurga-Chikkajajur doubling yard remodelling work





Source
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 08:29 AM   #17206
Siddu
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore/Solapur
Posts: 127
Likes (Received): 96

Delay in starting new train service(SBC-MAQ): HC notice to Railways

The High Court of Karnataka on Thursday ordered issue of notice to the Ministry of Railways on a public interest litigation (PIL) petition complaining over delay in the commencement of an additional daily train service between Bengaluru and Mangaluru as proposed in the 2014 Railway Budget.

A Division Bench comprising Justice Vineet Saran and Justice Aravind Kumar passed the order on the petition filed by Railway Yatri Sangha, Udupi. It was pointed out in the petition that though the Railways had announced the train service numbers — 16575/16756 — and the timings, there was no sign of commencement of the service despite demand for more trains between these two cities.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle7483393.ece
__________________

sunder.k liked this post
Siddu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 02:47 PM   #17207
sunder.k
KA-MH-TN-PDY
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bengaluru/Puduchery
Posts: 1,476
Likes (Received): 1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddu View Post
The High Court of Karnataka on Thursday ordered issue of notice to the Ministry of Railways on a public interest litigation (PIL) petition complaining over delay in the commencement of an additional daily train service between Bengaluru and Mangaluru as proposed in the 2014 Railway Budget.

A Division Bench comprising Justice Vineet Saran and Justice Aravind Kumar passed the order on the petition filed by Railway Yatri Sangha, Udupi. It was pointed out in the petition that though the Railways had announced the train service numbers — 16575/16756 — and the timings, there was no sign of commencement of the service despite demand for more trains between these two cities.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle7483393.ece
Hope at least in the new time table to be released on 1st October'15, this train is not mentioned "will run from a later date to be notified".
__________________
Proud to be a Bharatiya
sunder.k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 02:52 PM   #17208
sunder.k
KA-MH-TN-PDY
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bengaluru/Puduchery
Posts: 1,476
Likes (Received): 1229

One more AC 2 tier added permanently to YPR-Solapur exp

http://www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in...CEC9FFEB.web91

PR110-2015 29-07-2015
SWR PR110-PERMANENT AUGMENTATION OF TRAIN NOs. SOLAPUR-YESVANTPUR-SOLAPUR EXPRESS


दक्षिणपश्चिमरेलव
SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
Public Relations Branch, HQ, Club Road, Keshwapur, Hubli-580 023


Press Note No. 110 dated 28-07-2015



PERMANENT AUGMENTATION OF TRAIN NOs. 22133/22134 SOLAPUR-YESVANTPUR-SOLAPUR EXPRESS WITH ONE ADDITIONAL AC 2-TIER COACH BY CENTRAL RAILWAY

Central Railway has advised Permanent augmentation of Train Nos.22133/22134 SOLAPUR-YESVANTPUR-SOLAPUR EXPRESS with ONE additional AC 2-tier coach permanently, with effect from SOLAPUR end from 06th July, 2015 and from YESVANTPUR end from 07th July, 2015.

These trains are now running with total 20 coaches (instead of 19 coaches earlier), consisting of One First Class AC coach, Two AC 2-tier coaches, One AC 3-tier coach, Eight Second Class Sleeper coaches, Six General Second Class coaches and Two Second Class Luggage-cum-brake van-cum-Disabled coaches.
*****
(Office of the General Manager, Public Relations Branch, SWR, Club Road, Hubli-23)


Wish this is made a 24 coach train. This train indeed is damn fast when compared to any other train in this route.
__________________
Proud to be a Bharatiya

gulbarga.rising liked this post
sunder.k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 06:35 AM   #17209
gulbarga.rising
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 143
Likes (Received): 44

Secunderabad-Yesvantpur-Secunderabad Garibrath Express Speeded Up

The Secunderabad-Yesvantpur-Secunderabad Garibrath Express has been speeded up to facilitate the passengers. The revised timings for the Garibrath Express which are detailed below will come into effect from 22nd November, 2015:-
Accordingly, Train No. 12735 Secunderabad-Yesvantpur Garibrath Express will depart Secunderabad at 19:50 hrs, arrive/depart Begumpet at 19.59/20.00 hrs, Lingampalli at 20:24/20:25 hrs, Chittapur at 22:49/22:50 hrs, Yadgir at 23:33/23:35 hrs, Raichur at 00:38/00:40 hrs, Guntakal at 02:20/ 02:25 hrs, Anantapur at 04:13/04:15 hrs, Dharmavaram at 05:13/05:15 hrs, Hindupur at 06:40/06:41 hrs and arrive Yesvantpur at 09:15 hrs o*n the next day.
In the return direction, Train No. 12736 Yesvantpur- Secunderabad Garibrath Express will depart Yesvantpur at 16:45 hrs, arrive/depart Hindupur at 18:25/18:26 hrs, Dharmavaram at 20:00/20:02 hrs, Anantapur at 20:33/20:35 hrs, Guntakal at 21:40/21:45 hrs, Raichur at 23:30/23:32 hrs, Yadgir at 00:30/00:32 hrs, Chittapur at 02:17/02:18 hrs, Lingampalli at 04:34/04:35 hrs, Begumpet at 04:54/04:55 hrs and arrive Secunderabad at 05:30 hrs o*n the next day.

http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in...118&id=0,5,268
____________________________________________________________

Garibrath back in action now Gulbarga dist, Yadgir and Raichur gets another superfast train in somewhat ok timings... And Raichur has best Train connectivity to Bangalore with all good timings... starts from Nanded exp, Udyan, Gorakpur exp, Rajdhani exp, Solapur exp, Bidar exp, Garibrath exp, Basava Exp, Nagarcoil exp ( all between evening 8 to early morning 1:00) towards Bangalore...

Also when Garibrath is not running IR can introduce Mumbai-Bangalore SF in same slot of Garibrath
__________________

sunder.k, sfs, Sunil.Biradar liked this post
gulbarga.rising no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 08:56 AM   #17210
sunder.k
KA-MH-TN-PDY
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bengaluru/Puduchery
Posts: 1,476
Likes (Received): 1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulbarga.rising View Post
The Secunderabad-Yesvantpur-Secunderabad Garibrath Express has been speeded up to facilitate the passengers. The revised timings for the Garibrath Express which are detailed below will come into effect from 22nd November, 2015:-
Accordingly, Train No. 12735 Secunderabad-Yesvantpur Garibrath Express will depart Secunderabad at 19:50 hrs, arrive/depart Begumpet at 19.59/20.00 hrs, Lingampalli at 20:24/20:25 hrs, Chittapur at 22:49/22:50 hrs, Yadgir at 23:33/23:35 hrs, Raichur at 00:38/00:40 hrs, Guntakal at 02:20/ 02:25 hrs, Anantapur at 04:13/04:15 hrs, Dharmavaram at 05:13/05:15 hrs, Hindupur at 06:40/06:41 hrs and arrive Yesvantpur at 09:15 hrs o*n the next day.
In the return direction, Train No. 12736 Yesvantpur- Secunderabad Garibrath Express will depart Yesvantpur at 16:45 hrs, arrive/depart Hindupur at 18:25/18:26 hrs, Dharmavaram at 20:00/20:02 hrs, Anantapur at 20:33/20:35 hrs, Guntakal at 21:40/21:45 hrs, Raichur at 23:30/23:32 hrs, Yadgir at 00:30/00:32 hrs, Chittapur at 02:17/02:18 hrs, Lingampalli at 04:34/04:35 hrs, Begumpet at 04:54/04:55 hrs and arrive Secunderabad at 05:30 hrs o*n the next day.

http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in...118&id=0,5,268
____________________________________________________________

Garibrath back in action now Gulbarga dist, Yadgir and Raichur gets another superfast train in somewhat ok timings... And Raichur has best Train connectivity to Bangalore with all good timings... starts from Nanded exp, Udyan, Gorakpur exp, Rajdhani exp, Solapur exp, Bidar exp, Garibrath exp, Basava Exp, Nagarcoil exp ( all between evening 8 to early morning 1:00) towards Bangalore...

Also when Garibrath is not running IR can introduce Mumbai-Bangalore SF in same slot of Garibrath
+1.

It is a very good late evening train from Bengaluru to Raichuru.; damn good considering 400 km in 6 hours 45 min.

People can leave Bengaluru at 4.45 pm and reach Raichuru by 11.30 pm itself which will do away the need for a daunting overnight journey.

It would be even greater if the return journey is also such that the train reaches just 5/10 minutes after Udyan exp so that people can go to work in time after the travel.
__________________
Proud to be a Bharatiya
sunder.k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 09:51 AM   #17211
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Likes (Received): 1547

Me and my friend Rohit met Mr. Anup Dayanand Sadhu today morning at his office.

He said,

* MEMU shed at Banaswadi will open this month.
* Two pit lines will be constructed at Byappanahalli.
* Work is going on for construction of Shunting neck at binny mill land, but land available is not enough for further expansion.
* But happy that new shunting neck will help some extent.
* Talks are on with KPCL officials for shifting of high tension power lines near Nayandahalli, and it will happen for sure.
__________________

sunder.k, suraj.shekar liked this post
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 12:01 PM   #17212
sunder.k
KA-MH-TN-PDY
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bengaluru/Puduchery
Posts: 1,476
Likes (Received): 1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfs View Post
Me and my friend Rohit met Mr. Anup Dayanand Sadhu today morning at his office.

He said,

* MEMU shed at Banaswadi will open this month.
* Two pit lines will be constructed at Byappanahalli.
* Work is going on for construction of Shunting neck at binny mill land, but land available is not enough for further expansion.
* But happy that new shunting neck will help some extent.
* Talks are on with KPCL officials for shifting of high tension power lines near Nayandahalli, and it will happen for sure.
Excellent. That means we can soon expect some MEMUs to run between Ramanagaram/Channapatna and Bangarapete/KGF.

Dream of EMUs buzzing between these destinations in 10 minutes' frequencies like in Mumbai & Chennai
__________________
Proud to be a Bharatiya
sunder.k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM   #17213
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Likes (Received): 1547



TOI
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
karnataka

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu