search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 30th, 2016, 11:30 PM   #121
lowenmeister

Likes (Received): 3420

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Well through my Southern Baltic lense, the Kattegat still belongs to the Baltic realm.
I definitely don't perceive it as being part of the Atlantic/North Sea. Swedes might feel different about it.
I looked it up on wikipedia and according to it,it could be seen as both a part of the baltic or a part of the north sea,swedes see it as its own thing though neither a part of the baltic or the north sea,there is a big west/east coast rivalry going on in sweden with some subtle but notable differences in climate and culture(the west coast of sweden have more cultural links to the Netherlands,Scotland or Norway which are all north sea countries) while the baltic coast is closer to Finland,northeastern germany,baltic states,Poland and to a much lesser extent Russia in culture.

For me the dividing line is the straits of Denmark.
lowenmeister no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2016, 02:41 AM   #122
EaglesnButterflies

Likes (Received): 1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Well through my Southern Baltic lense, the Kattegat still belongs to the Baltic realm.
I definitely don't perceive it as being part of the Atlantic/North Sea. Swedes might feel different about it.

Anyway, it'll definitely be among the most impressive coastal towers in Europe. I'd like to see actual skyline clusters along some metropolis/bigger city waterfronts on European coasts become a reality, like Petersburg, Gothenburg, Malmö, Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki, the Baltic capitals, Gdynia/Gdansk, Bilbao, Marseille, Le Havre, Porto, The Hague, Calais, Brighton, Burgas, Kiel, Bremerhaven, Rostock... There's plenty of options.
As a Gothenburger, I can safely say that we feel very different about that...

We are as much in the baltic realm as Norway... or Denmark.
It's different with the east/baltic coast though, that is obviously part of the baltic realm.

Mail from the developer regarding the sale(which started a couple of months ago).

Google translate.

Quote:
Information on the sale
Before the summer, we began the long-awaited sale of homes in the Big Tower. When released 130 apartments in two stages to those who were first in line. Most of these apartments are now booked. These days the third phase of 114 apartments gone out to those who are next in line.

Interest in the Big Tower is extremely large and we had the sales begin around 5000 priority notified, of which 1500 have so far been invited on tours. Since the start of sales, we have received additional nearly 2000 candidates. We go through the list in the order and it may take time before it is your turn. It is difficult to give any hold times when the pace we partnered sex is dependent on how much interest there is. You who have applied in 2016 can expect to be contacted regarding the display until next year. We will constantly inform about the status via email, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Stage 4 is scheduled to start selling in early November to those next in line, and the remaining two phases are released early next year. At each stage we try to have such a great mix of apartment types and the floor as possible.

Brokers Karla Tower's new home. For sale by Karla Skylevel Tower, the upper floors, responsible Eklund Stockholm New York. Contact information for each broker you will find further down.
Old August 30th, 2016, 06:50 AM   #123
geoking66

Likes (Received): 5500

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
Haven't I seen that design before?
Reminds me a lot of Eq Tower in Melbourne.

Old August 30th, 2016, 07:21 PM   #124
ILTarantino

Likes (Received): 464

It seems that the height of this tower has been reduced to 240 m. However, I would like to ask for some even more detailed information.
Old September 4th, 2016, 06:23 PM   #125
EaglesnButterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTarantino View Post
It seems that the height of this tower has been reduced to 240 m. However, I would like to ask for some even more detailed information.
What would you like to know?

Here are the planning documents for the area, it is in Swedish, but if there is something in particular you would like to know I could try to look it up.

http://goteborg.se/wps/portal/start/...70ALKC36K76KL7
Old June 20th, 2017, 12:05 AM   #126
EaglesnButterflies

This project, called Karlastaden, was finally approved by the local government on the 15th of June. Sales for the main tower, Karlatornet, has been going on for about a year and is doing well, if an appeal is not submitted within 3 weeks, we should expect construction start later this year, if it is appealed, we will have to wait another year... yes, chances of this not being built is small, very small, appeals is pretty much just a way to delay projects, they rarely change anything, yes, it is retarded.

The final draft for the main tower is 240m and 72 fl.

Yellow=Commercial services
Blue=Residential
Green=Offices
Brown=Public services, such as kindergarten
White=Hotel

Some basic preparation of the site was going on today(crap photos, I know hehe).

For those of you who havn't been to Lindholmsallén, it is a pretty big street, not a very fun street though, but there is a lot of land that can be developed, or re-developed, which this project is a very good example of.

Looking east.

Looking west.

Right across the street from the site, construction is going on, in the foreground, the finishing touches to Platzers new office is being done, this will be Zenuity HQ, Zenuity is a joint venture between Volvo Cars and Autoliv, Inc. Tickers: (NYSE: ALV and SSE: ALIVsdb).

Last edited by EaglesnButterflies; June 20th, 2017 at 12:16 AM.
EaglesnButterflies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2017, 07:58 PM   #127
EaglesnButterflies

Update from the site(this photo is not mine).

Old July 17th, 2017, 11:53 PM   #128
Tupac96

Likes (Received): 285

thats the site? damn looks more like a pool they are going to need to pump that out
Old July 27th, 2017, 12:54 AM   #129
AtlasPopovic

Likes (Received): 2

I'm not impressed with the design of the tower, doesn't suit Gothenburg at all. Something more minimalistic or classic would suit the town better.
But I'm more impressed with the surrounding narrow streets which looks great and lively.
AtlasPopovic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2017, 05:54 AM   #130
enrigue8
Mr president

Likes (Received): 571

The plan for the project are appealed unfortunately.
Some morons that does not like development enjoy themselves by retarding
this wonderful project.
It's totally ridiculous !

But there is a possibility that all the problem are settled in less than 6 months.

http://www.gp.se/nyheter/g%C3%B6tebo...agas-1.4502062