daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > North Africa > Egypt > Construction, infrastructure & development > Projects & Construction | المشاريع الانشائية > Greater Cairo Metropolitan Area

Old June 20th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Tbite
Expert

MADINATY (NEW CAIRO) | Madinaty Masterplan | Under Construction | 2023

Madinaty

Name: Madinaty
City/Country: Madinaty/Egypt
Use: Mixed Master Plan Development

Additional Information

Madinaty
Quote:
A city holds various residential areas of villas and blocks, wide green areas, gulf playgrounds and modern hotels, in addition to the daily service, that provides the accommodation requirements and the recreational zones. The city has external terminals and unique major services that satisfy the city needs, the surrounding cities and even the Great Cairo, through the available activities were technology, international Olympic sports, exhibitions halls, conferences, modern marketing areas and various educational establishments takes place. The city is being built on 8000 feddans to provide a modern life for 600000 persons in 80000 different residential units and is considered an urban extension for the New Cairo city.
Quote:
TMG’s largest development to date, Madinaty comprises a land area of 33.6 million square meters in New Cairo City with a proposed residential capacity of 600,000 people. Sales commenced at Madinaty in 2006, and the project is expected to complete in 2023.

Sponsored Links

Old June 20th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #2
Tbite
Expert

More Renderings

Old June 20th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #3
Tbite
Expert

Old June 21st, 2008, 05:44 PM   #4
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 1118

WOOOW nice city

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:23 PM   #5
midotoria
مصر ام الدنيا

Likes (Received): 112

THE GATEWAY

Currently in its conceptual phase, The Gateway is a proposed project in the business district of Madinaty; a prestigious development undertaken by master developer Talaat Mustafa Group. The project will provide 100,000 square meters of prime office space distributed through public gardens, plazas and a central lake. The Gateway’s layout of nine separate buildings will provide a variety of options for multinational tenants looking to locate to the area.
we need aforum for egypt
midotoria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM   #6
midotoria
مصر ام الدنيا

madinaty under construction

image hosted on flickr
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:49 PM   #7
whizz_pat

Likes (Received): 5

To be honest I'm not a fan of this development. Sprawl is not a good way to go, especially for Egypt, when we could be using this land for more productive purposes. Golf courses, wide boulevards, and business parks... not my prefernce.

The renders look nice though, and capacity of 600,000 people is HUGE.
whizz_pat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM   #8
UAE_isthebest

Likes (Received): 23

Wow! Great project!
Old May 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM   #9
egypt69

Likes (Received): 1376

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizz_pat View Post
To be honest I'm not a fan of this development. Sprawl is not a good way to go, especially for Egypt, when we could be using this land for more productive purposes. Golf courses, wide boulevards, and business parks... not my prefernce.

The renders look nice though, and capacity of 600,000 people is HUGE.
As a matter of fact i think its the perfect development, theres a range of housing, and if the schools, and hospitals etc. match up to the renders then i think, there will be great infrastructure for the New Cairo area.

Things is, the former Chairman of The Talaat Moustafa Group was sentenced to death today:

Quote:
EGYPT. Egyptian construction magnate Hesham Talaat Moustafa was sentenced to death on Thursday for the murder of Lebanese singer Suzanne Tamim in Dubai, court sources said.

Moustafa, former chairman of the Talaat Moustafa Group and a prominent politician, had been accused of paying security man Muhsen el-Sukkari US$2 million to stab Tamim to death at her house in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates on 28 July last year.

Sukkari was also sentenced to death in the case, and the men's files were referred to Egyptian religious authorities for review, as normal in capital cases in Egypt.

The arrest of Moustafa in September, after weeks of speculation about the case, hit Talaat Moustafa shares. They closed on Wednesday at LE 5.03 Egyptian (US$0.89) per share, off a year low of LE 2.52 hit in March.

The indictment had accused Sukkari of killing Tamim after tricking her into opening the door of her Dubai apartment by posing as a representative of the building owners. He then attacked her with a knife.

It accused Moustafa of participating in the crime through "incitement, agreement and assistance" in the killing.

The evidence included tape recordings of telephone calls between Moustafa and Sukkari, security video footage from the Dubai apartment and DNA from the bloodied clothes that Sukkari was accused of leaving close to the scene of the crime.

Moustafa, who was born in 1959, gave up the chairmanship of the Talaat Moustafa Group to his brother Tarek. Tamim, who died at the age of 30, rose to fame after winning the top prize in a television show in 1996.
Do you thin the project will be affected
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:44 PM   #10
Gulivar

Likes (Received): 0

Interesting to see how this will pan out.
Gulivar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:43 AM   #11
whizz_pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt69 View Post
As a matter of fact i think its the perfect development, theres a range of housing, and if the schools, and hospitals etc. match up to the renders then i think, there will be great infrastructure for the New Cairo area.
This is my problem with it:

Automobile dependant suburbs. Waste of resources. International oil prices are not going to decrease in the medium/long term. In fact, they have increased by 60% since December, while the world is in recession. When the economy picks up, these kind of suburbs will become very costly to service.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:52 AM   #12
Rabat with love 2
Rabat

Likes (Received): 256

nice project
Rabat with love 2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:39 PM   #13
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 1118

love the fact that has lot of green

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:24 AM   #14
eskandarany
من المحيــط إلىٰ الخليــج

Likes (Received): 46

PUBLIC TRANSPORT! Now they'll have to pay 100 times more to tunnel under this. useless government on all levels
and also 2023 might as well be never in terms of how fast egypt needs
sad sigh would sum it up for me, especially since ordinary people won't afford it. again.

███████████
███████████
███████████

لَكِ يا مَصرُ السَّلامة | وَســـلاماً يا بـــلادِى | إنْ رَمىٰ الدَّهرُ سِهامَه | أتَّقِيـها بِفُؤادِى
واسْلَمِى فِى كُلِّ حِين
eskandarany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #15
egypt69

Likes (Received): 1376

Madinaty City Centre

Quote:
Challenged to carve out a self-sustaining community from an empty landscape, Perkins Eastman was commissioned by the Talaat Moustafa Group to develop the master plan for a 106-hectare (262-acre) urban center. The Madinaty City Center is envisioned as an integrative network of open and green spaces that establish connective links between neighbourhood nodes and functional identities. Iconic architecture is utilized to establish visual landmarks and anchor points in a flexible plan that can stand alone or integrate with the surrounding development.

Divided into three major zones, the first of the phased master plan—Downtown or the financial hub—comprises a dense mix of residential units, office complexes, and high-end retail. Residential towers border the periphery of the site and provide a transition from the looser weave of the surrounding area to the dense urban fabric. An active program of street-level high-end retail, pedestrian promenades, city squares, cafés, and restaurants foster an energized urban center.

A centrepiece hotel anchors the southern end of Downtown and provides a point of reference for the start of the Civic Spine—the second major zone. The Civic Spine connects the Uptown to Downtown districts, and serves as the communicative link. Varied landscaping schemes, cobblestone streets, sleek water elements, and a program of cafés, sports fields, and neighborhood retail invites active participation.

The final component—the Uptown area— comprises a mix of residential, retail and office buildings, convention center, town squares, and a connective network of open space. In addition, a program of galleries and museums flanks the central park at the southeastern edge, establishing Uptown as the cultural district of Madinaty.

Damn, I cant wait for this project to finish!!
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #16
UAE_isthebest

Likes (Received): 23

Woow! that looks really nice! I like the Towers. Great Project Can't wait to see it in real life.
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:53 PM   #17
midotoria
مصر ام الدنيا

wooooooow i love madinaty

Old July 13th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #18
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Well if they are going to be giving apartments and villas for free then sure why not have this project, because seriously middle/low income will never afford this. nice green places but most people living in here will either be really high class egyptians or other nationalities including Saudis, kuwaitis, Qataris etc...

2023 ! are you kidding me =O
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #19
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 794

and a good video for a good tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENXn9DDGxCk

- "I put "thobe" as my email password, but Gmail said it wasn't long enough."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her shower naked."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her wear make up under her niqab."
- "Can't stop thinking about those forearms I saw by accident."
- "Downloading the new "Angry Beards""
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #20
whizz_pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskandarany View Post
PUBLIC TRANSPORT! Now they'll have to pay 100 times more to tunnel under this. useless government on all levels
and also 2023 might as well be never in terms of how fast egypt needs
sad sigh would sum it up for me, especially since ordinary people won't afford it. again.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Well if they are going to be giving apartments and villas for free then sure why not have this project, because seriously middle/low income will never afford this. nice green places but most people living in here will either be really high class egyptians or other nationalities including Saudis, kuwaitis, Qataris etc...

2023 ! are you kidding me =O
Indeed. Waste of resources = unnecessarilty expensive.