SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#COMPLETED: SILVERENE, 35F+25F Res (Dubai Marina)

674K views 5K replies 201 participants last post by  jeetha 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cayan's new project, Pre Launch Feb 7th continue till mid March’07

Tower A 35 Floors 251 Units

Tower B 25 Floors 301 Units

Location and Tower Layout Map

Piling work supposed to begin June 2007

See less See more
#4,262 ·
My contract actually calls for 10% or more in variation....
Ouch!

Well 1214 to 1067 is a reduction of 12.1% therefore you should still be entitled to compensation.

That will be a sore one for Cayan as the reduction is on the balconies which will not have a significant saving on the construction cost.

#4,263 ·
Out of topic but has anyone installed a dishwasher in their apartment kitchen ?

I see the weekly rented furnished Silverene apartments online advertising the availability of dishwasher. I'm in dire need of one but not sure (where they've installed it, if true) as there is not enough space for it.

Is everyone in Silverene doing their own dishwashing ?
If someone here installed a dishwasher in their kitchen I'd be extremely interested in knowing what it took to install it and who did it for them.

#4,264 ·
Cayan are planning to intall BTU meters for the aircon. They are asking for access to all apartments on two occassions to do this. No dates have been set yet, they are just saying soon .
The new gym and the dance/music/martial arts centre at the foot of the building are close to opening.
The area in front of thre supermarket is now getting busy with the RTA boat and Dhows.

#4,266 ·
Just to put you in the picture, they installed BTU meters in Jewels 2 years ago FOC then decided they don't work so billed us for fitting new meters from a different company. They have still not been commissioned. They installed BTU meters in Dorrabay this year and again have still not been commissioned even though they have billed us.

I am begining to wonder what this whole BTU meter thing is all about if it is not a means for Cayan to make more money.

Anyone who attends an AGM meeting should make it clear that BTU meter installation will not be paid for until they can prove that it has been successfully implemented. I am about to deduct the cost from my final maintenance payment as they have still not confirmed that AC billing is now active after 1 year + in both my buildings. Might be good as construction developers but building managers "needs to do much better"!!!!

#4,268 ·
Cayan are planning to intall BTU meters for the aircon. They are asking for access to all apartments on two occassions to do this. No dates have been set yet, they are just saying soon .
The new gym and the dance/music/martial arts centre at the foot of the building are close to opening.
The area in front of thre supermarket is now getting busy with the RTA boat and Dhows.
Same was with me in The Jewels... They were pushing me for appt. entry and my tenant was not in UAE....
BUT after confirming from contractors.... They dont need Entry in to appartment...
Clarify with them to make it sure..

#4,269 ·
The time to fit the meters in Jewels is a joke but they say it is down to lack of co-operation with tenants. Probably because they know what's coming next.

#4,270 ·
Cayan tell me they will be sending out letters in January so that owners can form an Interim Owners Association.
I don't think we have too many major issues, Arabtech seem to be finishing off the snagging in the public areas.
What I would like to see is major improvements to the reception area, replacing the wallpaper with either granite or marble.
Free wifi in a public area [ reception or by the pool ] would be very cheap to install and useful to residents and their guests.
Cleaning the windows more often would not go amiss.
Any other suggestions.

#4,273 ·
Visited Silverene earlier this week while in Dubai. The place looks good and clean. There are several dozen loungers at the pool. The gym in tower B looks good and is bigger than the one in tower A.

Met with Juanita Soliman, Head of Customer Services , who said that while the room sizes are as originally advertised, the balcony has got smaller due to govt (RERA?) restrictions. For some reason, I forgot to clearly ask about compensation although I am almost certain nothing much will be forthcoming.

By the way, a Lebanese restaurant and a French coffee shop, I think, are slated to open in the ground floor of Tower B. Should happen by New Year, or even earlier, I suppose. Of course, Tribe Fit has already put up advts at the first floor level. I think it is going to be fairly big, occupying quite some space.

#4,275 ·
Thanks Rags.
Tribe Fit website: http://tribefit.com/
Looks cool, isn't it? 22000 sq ft and wow!

By the way, I met at least half-a-dozen tenants as I flitted in and out of the towers and everybody had a good word about Silverene. They all thought I was a potential tenant when I asked simply 'hey, do you live here and what do you think of this place?'.

It all made my day (salubrious weather included) - just the one day I spent in Dubai, almost all in the Marina.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.