|daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on one|
|Rate Our Talls: World's Top 100 Look, comment and rate the World's Top 100 tallest skyscrapers!|
|View Poll Results: Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai|
|3 or less||17||1.60%|
|Voters: 1063. You may not vote on this poll|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|March 10th, 2013, 11:27 PM||#421|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Likes (Received): 0
I dislike bottle-opener skyscrapers. It's location makes things worse. To my eye the form of SWFC clashes with the look of Jin Mao tower.
However, at least it's not fat and doesn't have more weird additions to spoil the proportions.
|June 3rd, 2013, 10:45 AM||#424|
Join Date: Jun 2013
Likes (Received): 15
I stayed at the hotel in this building a number of years ago, on the 80-somethingth floor. There were some interesting things I recall about the tower:
1) From my room I could still hear the din of the cicadas (?) down at ground level. Those bugs are freaking LOUD!
2) I had to LOOK DOWN to watch a fireworks display. I've never seen one from above before.
3) The electrical wiring in my hotel room was done somewhat incompetently.
4) In most days, the only thing I could see out my window was the neighboring Jin Mao tower.
5) The hotel restaurant was utterly spectacular. It occupies the narrow space around the aperture at the top of the building. The aperture is quite a few stories tall, which meant that the ceiling of the restaurant was waaay up there. Jaw-dropping.