daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 16th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #1501
harvs28
SILVER FOX

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBlueFire View Post
We really need stricter zoning laws...

I don't understand how an entry level residential building can be built next to a 6-star hotel and its high end residence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whats your problem?
harvs28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #1502
OneBlueFire

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvs28 View Post
Whats your problem?

The non-existence of zoning.

OneBlueFire no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #1503
jorge3010

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:

I don't understand how an entry level residential building can be built next to a 6-star hotel and its high end residence.

Every where you go in the world there are other establishments next to 5/6 star hotels. Shangri La in BGC is near Fort Residences and others . It's like your saying segregate people from 5/6 star hotels from all the other people.

What I don't understand is your comment.
jorge3010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #1504
OneBlueFire

Veritown Fort | Grand Hyatt / Metrobank Center [66F|282m|mix|u/c]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge3010 View Post
Every where you go in the world there are other establishments next to 5/6 star hotels. Shangri La in BGC is near Fort Residences and others . It's like your saying segregate people from 5/6 star hotels from all the other people.

What I don't understand is your comment.

You don't need to understand it nor do you need to accept it. You don't have to do anything. It's an opinion and it's solely mine.

If you want to read things that you agree to or understand or accept 100% of the time, then a public forum isn't the best channel. A personal diary would serve that purpose.
Old December 16th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #1505
feshball
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
I wish I could, feshball.

But I'm not a contractor.

The advice and opinions you give in these forums are invaluable...

Talaga lang ha??

Quote:

My Question is.... is this a Valuable opinion

Super Yaman mo talaga siguro kaya masyado kang - mang- Discriminate ng mga tao

#WagMasyadongManaginipNgMataas

#MasakitAngPagbagsak
feshball no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #1506
OneBlueFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by feshball View Post

Talaga lang ha??

My Question is.... is this a Valuable opinion

Super Yaman mo talaga siguro kaya masyado kang - mang- Discriminate ng mga tao

#WagMasyadongManaginipNgMataas

#MasakitAngPagbagsak

It doesn't have to be valuable. All that matters is it's mine.

Now, if you don't agree with what people say here (and I'm noticing that you kinda don't agree with most) that's your prerogative... At the end of the day, there's absolutely nothing you can do. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Preferences, opinions, desires, perspectives... They're all unique to whoever's expressing them.

Your side isn't always the winning side and neither are anyone else's sides.

Old December 16th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #1507
Gallium Cores
#GC

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
It doesn't have to be valuable. All that matters is it's mine.

Now, if you don't agree with what people say here (and I'm noticing that you kinda don't agree with most) that's your prerogative... At the end of the day, there's absolutely nothing you can do. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Preferences, opinions, desires, perspectives... They're all unique to whoever's expressing them.

Your side isn't always the winning side and neither are anyone else's sides.

I understand what you're saying OneBlueFire. It truly is important to have strict and implemented zoning laws, that would be the ideal scenario for a well-planned community. And I think most of the forumers here don't contest that. But the way you stated your comment is what they're actually wondering about. It sounded like you we're discriminating against those 'lower class people' living in lower class condominiums. Now I don't know if that's the meaning you intended or not, but I understand why the others were agitated by it. It sounded so snooty and discriminating.

Yet at the end of the day, I mean no hard feelings. As you said this is a forum where we share our opinions. Lets just conduct ourselves as objectively as we can and discuss all our issues in a civil manner. Peace out

harvs28, todjikid liked this post
Gallium Cores no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 06:20 PM   #1508
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Likes (Received): 701

Quote:

I agree but with the current people in the local government, influential developers can apply for and be given exemptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium Cores View Post
I understand what you're saying OneBlueFire. It truly is important to have strict and implemented zoning laws, that would be the ideal scenario for a well-planned community. And I think most of the forumers here don't contest that...
I beg to disagree. Many forumers here don't understand what zoning laws mean. Many even justify exemptions to zoning laws. No matter how we wanted well-planned communities, local governments seem lenient and powerless. At least BGC is not like Makati in the way buildings are being built.
watcher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2014, 02:02 AM   #1509
OneBlueFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium Cores View Post
I understand what you're saying OneBlueFire. It truly is important to have strict and implemented zoning laws, that would be the ideal scenario for a well-planned community. And I think most of the forumers here don't contest that. But the way you stated your comment is what they're actually wondering about. It sounded like you we're discriminating against those 'lower class people' living in lower class condominiums. Now I don't know if that's the meaning you intended or not, but I understand why the others were agitated by it. It sounded so snooty and discriminating.

Yet at the end of the day, I mean no hard feelings. As you said this is a forum where we share our opinions. Lets just conduct ourselves as objectively as we can and discuss all our issues in a civil manner. Peace out

I was being objective, bud...

Lack of zoning laws has allowed ALI to put up numerous Avida developments in North Bonifacio. I see it as ALI's way of controlling the market in the area. Why not put an Avida next to Serendra? Next to The Suites? Next to Pacific Plaza?

Lack of zoning laws has protected ALI's interest in Central Bonifacio where all their Alveo and ALP developments are.

Now, Megaworld and Federal Land have to deal with this mashup of disconnected and unrelated developments in North Bonifacio. It's not right.

If Zoning Laws were in place, 1 of 2 things could happen.

1. There would be Avida developments all over Bonifcaio if Avida was zoned as "at par" with ALP, Alveo, RLC, Artha, etc. I would have no issues with this because everything was equal.

2. There would only be ALP or Alveo developments sprouting in North Bonifacio together with Uptown and Veritown.

I see nothing wrong with an entry level development and its investors and residents. What I really see as wrong is the idea that a conglomerate has the power to manipulate a market to serve its vested interests in another market.

Nobody here can contradict the idea that Avida developments are being built in the North Bonifacio area as ALIs way of protecting Central Bonifacio. If zoning laws were in place, then ALI wouldn't have that advantage.

I get what all of you are saying. "Don't belittle..."

I'm not.

Having clear and strict rules is what moves a country forward. Our laws favor the rich. If it didn't, then there would be a ProFriends or Camella development where Bonifacio High Street is.

Old December 17th, 2014, 02:45 AM   #1510
Jose Mari
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 25932

There's no such zoning laws that segregates entry level developments from high end ones meant solely for the rich. That would be discriminatory or prejudicial. The law only specifies the type/use, height of structures, size of the structures, the size the land, how much of the land is taken up by the building, etc., and not the wealth of the inhabitants. Maybe in the past, exclusionary zoning was allowed, but we're living in the 21st century. That's the problem with that argument.

It's the developer who decides the type of market their project would cater to. Naturally, a growing cluster of high-end products in the vicinity would tend to escalate property values that would eventually screen out the "undeserving", but right now since there are just a few buildings in the area, it's still possible for Avida to put up less expensive offerings and still turn out a reasonable profit. So ultimately, it's the market forces that dictate the exclusivity of a zone. Since development is still in the early stages, those people who got in early are very lucky, because later on prices would've been too prohibitive for a lot of them. It would be too late by that stage to put up a Camella type development.

sampukid, anakngpasig, fd20, todjikid, Maddawg liked this post

Last edited by Jose Mari; December 17th, 2014 at 03:47 AM.
Jose Mari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #1511
harvs28
SILVER FOX

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
I was being objective, bud...

Lack of zoning laws has allowed ALI to put up numerous Avida developments in North Bonifacio. I see it as ALI's way of controlling the market in the area. Why not put an Avida next to Serendra? Next to The Suites? Next to Pacific Plaza?

Lack of zoning laws has protected ALI's interest in Central Bonifacio where all their Alveo and ALP developments are.

Now, Megaworld and Federal Land have to deal with this mashup of disconnected and unrelated developments in North Bonifacio. It's not right.

If Zoning Laws were in place, 1 of 2 things could happen.

1. There would be Avida developments all over Bonifcaio if Avida was zoned as "at par" with ALP, Alveo, RLC, Artha, etc. I would have no issues with this because everything was equal.

2. There would only be ALP or Alveo developments sprouting in North Bonifacio together with Uptown and Veritown.

I see nothing wrong with an entry level development and its investors and residents. What I really see as wrong is the idea that a conglomerate has the power to manipulate a market to serve its vested interests in another market.

Nobody here can contradict the idea that Avida developments are being built in the North Bonifacio area as ALIs way of protecting Central Bonifacio. If zoning laws were in place, then ALI wouldn't have that advantage.

I get what all of you are saying. "Don't belittle..."

I'm not.

Having clear and strict rules is what moves a country forward. Our laws favor the rich. If it didn't, then there would be a ProFriends or Camella development where Bonifacio High Street is.

you are missing a lot of information and realization.

Huwag masyado mataas lipad brad.
harvs28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2014, 03:45 PM   #1512
exillion

Likes (Received): 18

Old December 18th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #1513
tj_brewed

Likes (Received): 1588

Photo i took as of Dec 18 2014

Jose Mari, anakngpasig, InfinitiFX45 liked this post

Last edited by tj_brewed; December 18th, 2014 at 03:02 AM.
tj_brewed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 03:03 AM   #1514
tj_brewed

Photo i took as of Dec 18 2014

Old December 18th, 2014, 03:09 AM   #1515
Jose Mari
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 25932

Good clear shots. I wish you'd also take photos of Arthaland Tower & World Plaza, the PSE, Ore Square, and Kidzania. Thanks.
Jose Mari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 03:30 AM   #1516
tj_brewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mari View Post
Good clear shots. I wish you'd also take photos of Arthaland Tower & World Plaza, the PSE, Ore Square, and Kidzania. Thanks.

thanks. alright, il try to check those other projects mentioned.

Jose Mari liked this post
tj_brewed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #1517
ynez48

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_brewed View Post
thanks. alright, il try to check those other projects mentioned.
Please include Trion Tower 2 Tj if you don't mind.
ynez48 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2014, 01:42 AM   #1518
OneBlueFire

Official Photographer. LOL

Old December 19th, 2014, 02:40 AM   #1519
tj_brewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynez48 View Post
Please include Trion Tower 2 Tj if you don't mind.

sure. no prob. i took some photos of trion just now for ya! check the trion towers thread.

Quote:
Official Photographer. LOL

lol haha. wala kc ako magawa sa umaga (around this time).
Old December 19th, 2014, 02:50 AM   #1520
OneBlueFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_brewed View Post
sure. no prob. i took some photos of trion just now for ya! check the trion towers thread.

lol haha. wala kc ako magawa sa umaga (around this time).

You live here too?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: