SkyscraperCity Forum banner

UCRANIA | La Tierra de Belleza

28K views 73 replies 30 participants last post by  Oplot-M 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Chile!!! I have discovered a lot about you’re beautiful nation on Skyscrapercity and that’s why I opened this thread so you can discover something about my nation. I will give you some background on Ukraine, but most of the this thread will consist of photos. So please sit back and enjoy. I will love to hear all the comments, and questions that you have about Ukraine. I don’t speak much Spanish so I am going to write in English, but don’t be shy and write in Spanish you’re feedback will be appreciated.

The beginning of Ukraine

Human settlement in Ukraine has been documented into distant prehistory. The late Neolithic Trypillian Culture flourished from about 4500 BC to 3000 BC. The Copper Age people of the Trypillian Culture resided in the western part, and the Sredny Stog Culture further east, succeeded by the early Bronze Age.
During the Iron Age, these were followed by the Dacians, Cimmerians, Scythians, Sarmatians, among other nomadic peoples. The Scythian Kingdom existed here from 750 BC to 250 BC. Along with ancient Greek colonies founded in the 6th century BC on the north-eastern shore of the Black Sea, the colonies of Tyras, Olbia, Hermonassa, continued as Roman and Byzantine cities until the 6th century AD.
In the 3rd century AD, the Goths arrived in the lands of Ukraine around 250 AD to 375 AD, which they called Oium. The Ostrogoths stayed in the area but came under the sway of the Huns from the 370s. North of the Ostrogothic kingdom was the Kyiv Culture, flourishing from the 2nd to 5th centuries.
With the power vacuum created at the end of Hunnic and Gothic rule, Slavic tribes, possibly emerging from the remnants of the Kiev culture, began to expand over much of what is now Ukraine during the 5th century, and beyond to the Balkans from the 6th century. In the 7th century, the territory of modern Ukraine was the core of the state of the Bulgars. At the end of the 7th century, most Bulgar tribes migrated in several directions across Central-Eastern Europe and to Caucasus.

Golden Age of Kyiv​
Kyivan-Rus
In the 11th century, Kyivan-Rus’ was, geographically, the largest state in Europe, becoming known in the rest of Europe as Ruthenia especially for western principalities. The name "Ukraine", meaning "in-land" or "native-land”, first appears in historical documents of 12th century and then on history maps of the 16th century period. The meaning of this term seems to have been synonymous with the land of Rus' propria-the principalities of Kyiv, Chernihic, and Pereyaslav. The term, "Greater Rus'" was used to apply to all the lands ruled by Kiev, including those that were not just Slavic, but also Finno-Ugric in the north-east portions of the state. Local regional subdivisions of Rus' appeared in the Slavic heartland, including, "Belarus'" (White Ruthenia), "Chorna Rus'" (Black Ruthenia) and "Cherven' Rus'" (Red Ruthenia) in north-western and western Ukraine.
Although Christianity had made inroads into territory of Ukraine before the first ecumenical council, the Council of Nicea (325) and, in Western Ukraine during the time of empire of Great Morovia, the formal governmental acceptance of Christianity in Rus' occurred at in 988. The major cause of the Christianization of Kyivan-Rus’ was the Grand-Duke, Volodymyr (Vladimir) the Great and his grandmother Olha.
Conflict among the various principalities of Rus', in spite of the efforts of Grand Prince Volodymyr Monomah, led to decline, beginning in the12th century. In Rus' propria, the Kiev region, the nascent Rus' principalities of Halych and Volynia extended their rule. In the north, the name of Moscow appeared in the historical record in the principality of Suzdal, which gave rise to the nation of Russia. In the north-west, the principality of Polotsk increasingly asserted the autonomy of Belarus’. Kiev was sacked by Vladimir principality (1169) in the power struggle between princes and later by Cumans and Mongol raiders in the 12th and 13th centuries. Until the Galicia-Volhynia kingdom in the western part of Ukraine that got rid of the Mongol rule in Europe.

Timeline of Ukraine

13th -14th century: Founding of the Galician-Volynian principality, which controlled a significant part of the territory of the former Kievan Rus'-Ukraine state.
1492: First documented reference to the Ukrainian Kozaks (Cossacks).
Early 16th century: Founding of the Zaporozhyan Sich, the military-administrative and political organization of the Ukrainian Kozaks.
1648-1654: Ukrainian liberation war against Poland.
1654: Treaty of Pereyaslav, a military and political alliance signed between Ukraine and Russia.
1764-1775: The Zaporozhyan Sich is suppressed by the Russian Tsarist government.
1792: Ukrainian settlement of the Kuban region begins.
1905-1906: First revolution in Russia; a Ukrainian movement is galvanized, Ukrainians are permitted to form organizations, the ban on the Ukrainian language is abolished.
1917, March: The fall of the Russian monarchy and the creation of the Central Rada in Ukraine.
1918, January 22: Declaration of independence of the Ukrainian National Republic.
1918, November 1: Founding of the Western Ukrainian National Republic (lasted until 1919); war between Western Ukraine and Poland.
1919, January 22: The union of the Western Ukrainian National Republic with the Ukrainian National Republic.
1920: S. Petlyura signs the Warsaw Treaty concerning the joint Ukrainian-Polish armed struggle against the Bolsheviks.
1921, November: The Bolsheviks begin consolidating Soviet rule in Ukraine.
1922, December: The formation of the USSR, including the Ukrainian SSR.
1929: The Soviet authorities launch a campaign of repression directed against the Ukrainian intelligentsia (intellectuals).
1932-1933: A genocide, organized by Moscow, results in the deaths of 20 million Ukrainians.
1936-1937: Mass arrests in Ukraine; hundreds of Ukrainian intellectuals are liquidated.
1938: Carpatho-Ukraine is made an autonomous land with its own government within the federated republic of Czechoslovakia; the creation of the military organization "Carpathian Sich".
1939: Western Ukrainian lands are annexed to the Ukrainian SSR.
1941-1944: Great Patriotic War: Germany occupies Ukraine.
1942: The creation of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army.
1945: Together with 50 other nations, Ukraine becomes a founding member of the United Nations.
1972: Arrests of members of the Ukrainian dissident movement.
1989: The creation of the popular movement in Ukraine for restructuring (RUKH).
1990, July 16: Declaration of the Supreme Rada of Ukraine proclaims the state sovereignty of Ukraine.
1991, August 24: The Supreme Rada adopts the Act proclaiming the state independence of Ukraine.

Info.​

Founded: 882 AD.
Area: 603,628 km2 The biggest country to be entierly in the European continent.
Capital City: Kyiv
Population: 46,011,300
Religion: Ukrainian Orthodox, Ukrainian Catholicism, Roman Catholicism.
Language(s): Ukrainian(official) Russian.
Ethnic Groups: 80% Ukrainian 16% Russian 4% Other.
Army: 150,000 personal, 8307 tanks, 8775 armed Combat Vehicles/Artilery Systems, 195 Hilicopters, Air Force 817 Fighters/Destroyers/Cargo, Navy currently 12 battle ships. Second Biggest army in Europe after Russia.

Ukraine on the map of Europe

Ukraine and its Neighbors​

National Flag

National Symbol

National Coat of Arms

See less See more
#5 ·
Beautiful!! the landscapes are amazing and those historic towns look very pleasant indeed...I'd love to see pics of the capital and to read more facts about the country....and off course, pictures of those hot girls you've got over there are also welcome :D

#15 ·
Thanks Peregrin! Chile is a wonderful, developed nation, with very good people thats why i decided to show my country in this section. I knew that i would be appreciated. Youre more then welcome to come anytime. But best time to come would be during the time of EURO 2012 which is hosted by Ukraine and Poland. :cheers:

Amazing pics of a beautiful country!
Please post more photos of the big cities and of course, the hot men!
Thanks Djwebo! Big cities and the capatil will come a little later. Although i like women i will try to find you some photos of men. :)

красива країна, ніж ви, чого нам що-то різні і унікальні
Thanks Marsupilami! Good to see people speaking Ukrainian! :)

Lovely Ukraine, really colourfull the last pics. :eek:kay:

I'd like to be there someday.
Thanks Stencil! Like i said youre more then welcome to come anytime! :cheers:

#13 ·

Chernivtsi: A city in Southwestern part of Ukraine. Its beginnings date back to 2nd centry. In 1775, Chernivtsi and other parts of Moldova at that time was annexed by the Austrian Empire. This whole region became known as Bukovina. The city of Chernivtsi became the region's capital, which in 1849 was raised in status and became known as the Duchy of Bukovina, a crowland of the Austrian Empire, and received Magdeburg rights. During the 19th and 20th century this city was an important cultural center for Ukrainian, Romanian, and Jewish people.

Part I

p.s. photos are not mine they are taken by Arcovia.

#22 ·
I saw this movie before, but I had no idea that it was filmed in the Kamianetsk castle.

really beautiful your country, the landscape and the cities are in the perfect armony, so beauty.

And... I have heard that the ucranians women are one of the most beautiful of europe, i will go to look for a wife jejeje

Greets!
Thanks De Ulven! Yes Ukrainian women are beautiful, and they like man from exotic countries like Chile :)

Great... i like a lot this country and your citys... and... of course your women!

Regards Bandera.
Thanks TotenKrieg! I appreciate the compliments :cheers:

#24 ·
Hi Ukrainian buddy... thanks for posting these great photos... I've always been quite intrigued by the history and culture of eastern European countries, and I love women there. I went to Hungary and the ex-Yugoslavia about 10 years ago and I guess Ukraine may have a similar vibe, although there are obviously differences between these countries. Just as there are similarities and differences between south American nations.

In Chile there is a famous Ukrainian woman who is as hot as hell and if I could, I'd marry her now. Her name is Lola Melnyck (or something like that), and she used to dance on Chilean TV shows. I'm not sure what she's up to now as I haven't lived in Chile for a while, but she is a hot piece of ass.

You should post some nightlife photos too, with lots of beer fests, pubs and of course lots of cute girls ;)

Hasta luego!

#32 ·
You should post some nightlife photos too, with lots of beer fests, pubs and of course lots of cute girls ;)
Great... i like a lot this country and your citys... and... of course your women!
and off course, pictures of those hot girls you've got over there are also welcome :D
And... I have heard that the ucranians women are one of the most beautiful of europe, i will go to look for a wife jejeje
I think
one of the best from Ukraine are its women. They are really beautiful!
I think we all know which is the next topic to talk about in SSC Chile, Bandera...

lol

#27 · (Edited)

Crimea (Krym) is a region in south part of Ukraine. It was discoverd by the Greeks around 1st century. From 1441 to 1783 it was under a Tartar Khanate. From 1783 to 1922 it was under the Russian-Empire. On February 19, 1954, the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR issued a decree on the transfer of the Crimean region of the RSFSR to the Ukrainian SSR. This Supreme Soviet Decree states that this transfer was motivated by "the commonality of the economy, the proximity, and close economic and cultural relations between the Crimean region and the Ukrainian SSR".

^^ The "Big Three" at Crimean Conference February 4-11, 1945.
Chersones.

Simeferopol founded in 1784.

p.s. photos are not mine they are taken by Ukrainian forumers.

#30 ·
All the photos you have shown us are amazing!

I'm impressed on how much they take care on the cleaningness of all the buildings. What also amazed me most, is the variety of colours they use in all the houses and constructions, maybe is because the winter tends to get harder than in our cities, especially in the most populated area of the country which has a mediterranean climate.

What type of climate does Ucrain has?

Thanks for taking the time on showing us your beautiful country.

:)

#33 ·
Thanks Djwebo for good words:cheers:! The climate in Ukraine varies for example Crimea has mediterranean climate, so the temperature during summer is from 25 to 35C winter from +5 to +10 C on the coast, and its consider to be the wormest place in Ukraine. West of Ukraine during the summer is +25 to +30C, and winter -15 to -20. Central Ukraine is very hot in summer especially Kyiv from +30 to +35, and in winter months January, February it goes down to -20 to -25C. East of Ukraine is +20 to +25 during the summer, and -25 to -30 during the winter. East of Ukraine and Carpathian Mountains in the Northwest known to be the coldest places in Ukraine during winter time.

Thank you Bandera. It was an excellent idea to show us your country. I think
one of the best from Ukraine are its women. They are really beautiful!
Thanks Kilpue! Yes Ukrainian womean are very good-looking. I been living in US for a very long time, and I can tell you that Ukrainian women are like models compera to the local ones in US :)

I think we all know which is the next topic to talk about in SSC Chile, Bandera...

lol
:lol::cheers:

Also guys would you please be so kind and tell me if the photos I upload are not visible. I always have trouble uploading them. Thanks and regards to all :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.