search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Taiwan Forums 台灣論壇 > Projects & infrastructure / 工程和基礎設施

Projects & infrastructure / 工程和基礎設施 Development of infrastructure in Taiwan

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average.
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #1341
oscarinho

Likes (Received): 1

I come here to see news about Taiwanese architecture, but what I see is some guys fighting .
Most of the time i agree with Kalifese. I think it's just the way he tell his opinion that sometimes can "hurt" other ones.
Thank you williamchung7 also for all the updates and informations about constructions rules in Taiwan, that makes us understand why they build like this.
If we criticize some architecture, it's because we love Taiwan, and we want the best for Taiwan.
oscarinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #1342
KalifeseIsATroll
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

I come here to see news about Taiwanese architecture also, but sadly it seems that Taiwanese developers are taking a nap.
KalifeseIsATroll no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #1343
kalifese

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarinho View Post
Most of the time i agree with Kalifese.
of course you do!! enuff said.

Quote:
I think it's just the way he tell his opinion that sometimes can "hurt" other ones.
what can i say? i'm a new yawker. we are known to be brutally honest to your face but honest none the less!! better than people who are two-faced and sugar coat everything but completely fake and insincere!!

Quote:
If we criticize some architecture, it's because we love Taiwan, and we want the best for Taiwan.
TRUTH!! that's why i do it!!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicbliss
:):)Hi kalifese, I am from India.. Youre doing a great job in the thread btw.
kalifese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #1344
kalifese

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bbqY1P6KJmI
Quote:
Quote:
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #1345
Awesome.e

Likes (Received): 32

stop arguing! say something constructive
Miami,
Tampa,
London, Munich, Windhoek
Awesome.e no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #1346
kalifese

i just posted something constructive! that youtube video. this editorial mentions it too.

EDITORIAL: People take action for Taiwan
http:// http://www.taipeitimes.com/N.../18/2003567552
Quote:
Quote:
Old July 18th, 2013, 04:01 AM   #1347
oscarinho

Likes (Received): 1

Your link doesn't work, I think it's this one :

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/edit...8/2003567552/1
oscarinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:20 PM   #1348
tchen

Likes (Received): 29

Some more recent photos of the Terminal 1 Renovation and Terminal 2: (from pp123 of taiwan city forums)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Immigration/Departures Area (Terminal 1):
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Terminal 2 (Check-in):
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

big-dog, Huhu liked this post
tchen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:21 PM   #1349
kalifese

terminal 1 looks awesome! they really should renovate the aprons and other waiting rooms. and are these cracks or water streaks in the overhang on the right?

image hosted on flickr
Quote:
Quote:
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #1350
Awesome.e

i agree... the concourse exterior needs a good revamp
Miami,
Tampa,
London, Munich, Windhoek
Old August 7th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #1351
East District

Likes (Received): 0

Any updates on Terminal 3?
East District no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #1352
kalifese

Quote:
Originally Posted by East District View Post
Any updates on Terminal 3?

yes. the update is there's nothing to update as there's nothing built yet.
Quote:
Quote:

big-dog liked this post
Old September 3rd, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1353
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17547

27 August, 2013
Emirates Press Release Excerpt
Emirates announces passenger services to Taipei

DUBAI, U.A.E., 27th August 2013 Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines, today announced the launch of non-stop passenger services to Taipei, its 16th destination in the Far East.

The service will commence from 10th February 2014, initially with six non-stop flights per week to Taipei’s Taoyuan International Airport.

The route will be operated by a three class Boeing 777-300ER equipped with eight luxurious private suites in First Class, 42 lie-flat seats in Business Class, and generous space for 304 passengers in Economy Class, along with gourmet cuisine in all classes - served by Emirates’ multinational cabin crew.

The aircraft also features ice Emirates' award-winning inflight entertainment system which offers over 1,400 channels showing the latest blockbusters, subtitled Hollywood films, music, TV and games.

Taipei, home to nearly seven million people, is an economic and cultural centre with renowned sights, attractions and a myriad of shopping options. The destination is famous for producing and exporting electronics, textiles, plastics and rubber, optical and photographic instruments and chemicals.

“Emirates SkyCargo has operated a dedicated freighter service to Taipei since 2003. Given its status as a global trading hub and the demand, it is a natural progression for Emirates to launch passenger services to Taipei,” said Barry Brown, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President Commercial Operations East.

“Emirates’ home, Dubai is another world-class trading centre and this launch is a strong example of not only linking two great commercial destinations, but also promoting international travel and trade. Through Dubai, Emirates offers its international passengers a one-stop connection from Taipei to 70 countries in the Middle East, Africa and Europe.

“We are confident that this new route will open up new trade opportunities across the Emirates network as well as support business and tourism travel to Taipei,” concluded Mr Brown.

Emirates now operates services to 134 destinations in 76 countries from Dubai. Earlier this year Emirates launched services to Warsaw and Algiers, followed by Haneda, Japan in June.

Emirates has announced plans to launch services to Stockholm starting 4th September, to Clark International Airport in the Philippines and the transatlantic Milan-New York route on 1st October; Conakry on 27th October, Sialkot on 5th November and Kiev on 16th January 2014.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #1354
Awesome.e

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!! Been waiting for this day for AGES!
Miami,
Tampa,
London, Munich, Windhoek
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #1355
williamchung7

Likes (Received): 242

There are some amendments on terminal 3 design specifications:
The commercial complex will move into terminal, instead of building independent building next to terminal. The terminal itself will cover aross 8 hectares, the entire development will be 18 hectares include all development need for expansion (taxiway, corridor expansion...etc).
williamchung7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #1356
Awesome.e

Commercial complex is the shopping centre? does that mean that the terminal will have a bigger complex now and closer to T2?
Miami,
Tampa,
London, Munich, Windhoek
Old September 12th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #1357
kalifese

i dont care if the shopping mall is inside the terminal or outside the terminal as long as they hire a top notch world renowned FOREIGN architect.
Quote:
Quote:
Old September 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #1358
williamchung7

Likes (Received): 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome.e View Post
Commercial complex is the shopping centre? does that mean that the terminal will have a bigger complex now and closer to T2?
Commercial complex is multi-commercial use building, for example conference, convention, retail...etc. This decision is very practical, logical and reasonable. NACO has been invloved a lot of airport development in its company history.

Since general consultant and airport company decide to put this complex into airport terminal, then the terminal will be bigger than previous thought.
The original design specification state that terminal 3 will have 412,000 square metre. It will be bigger thant it.

Last edited by williamchung7; September 13th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
williamchung7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #1359
East District

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Commercial complex is multi-commercial use building, for example conference, convention, retail...etc. This decision is also very practical, logical and reasonable. NACO has been invloved a lot of airport development for long time.

Since general consultant and airport company decide to put this complex into airport terminal, then the terminal will be bigger than previous thought.
The original design specification state that terminal 3 will have 412,000 square metre. It will be bigger thant it.
That sounds awesome! Glad NACO is involved, Terminal 3 sounds like it's shaping up to be a pretty epic airport!

BTW, what happened with the design sketches from back in February? Any word on if the airport will look like this?

image hosted on flickr
East District no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #1360
Awesome.e

I think the concourse will not change. but the terminal will be extended towards T2. I think they should design it so that it can be connected to the T2 once T2 is demolished and reconstructed.
Miami,
Tampa,
London, Munich, Windhoek

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: