SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Central Visayas Region

1M views 6K replies 621 participants last post by  hanz1prince 
#1 ·
Bohol Philipppines - it's the newest tourism craze in Pinas

Please take time to visit the website of Bohol - God’s Little Paradise. Aside from natural wonders like chocolate hills, white sand beaches, caves, and waterfalls, you can also find romantic lighthouses and several historic churches engraved with Baroque designs, please check this link:

http://www.bohol.ph/gallery3.html

It's not a skycraper but the monuments are worth treasures.
Btw, I'm a fan of old buildings. For me it represents grandeur, history, and stability. I don't like tall glass building.

#5,141 ·
^^
uyon pud ko pero kinahanglan nga tanawon pag-ayo asa dapit paagion ang trans-axial expressway. dapat dili mulabang sa mga dapit nga ecologically protected.

#5,142 ·
^^
i hope the trans-axial highway would go with gov. sanchez in his grave, this would only destroy the watershed and protected forest areas at the mountainous part and central Cebu, and encourage more subdivision development/housing at the top of the mountains, easy access napod ang bukid sa mga squatters.. basin mahimo na ang large part sa atong bukid pareho sa favelas of rio de jeneiro! subo nga palandongon! :eek:hno:

di lang unta ni magpadayon! klaro na kayong intention sa mga politiko ani, andam nani silag salo og gasa gikan sa mga developer og subdivision!!! senyor santo nino ayaw intawn ni itugot kay samot na nya kaguba ang isla sa sugbo!!!

#5,143 ·
naluag baya ang traffic sa mambaling nga gi open na ang flyover.... but i'll pass judgement until june when classes start...

i think hapit na sad sugdan ang flyover sa asilo, one time I saw nga naay nag soil testing sa dalan, similar to what I saw before the mambaling flyover was started

#5,145 ·
Pero nindot biya ang Plano sa American contractor unta sa transaxial highway Kay ila man mas panindoton ug agi atimanun ang mga watersheds sa Cebu. Nakabasa man gyud ko adto, unya mag install pod sila ug mga wind farms to generate more energy supply sa Cebu city and province, unya if wala ko kalimut mag butang pod sila ug irrigations para sa mga umahan nga maagi-an sa transaxial highway basta nindot gyud. Bitaw kinahanglan na man gyud ta ug bag-o nga karsada sa Cebu kanang strategic kaayo ang pagkabutang. Imagine from northern tip to southern tip 3hours nalang ang travel time Kay walay traffic unya dretso dretso ang byahe, it can save you a lot of money and time gyud.

#5,146 ·
^^
i hope the trans-axial highway would go with gov. sanchez in his grave, this would only destroy the watershed and protected forest areas at the mountainous part and central Cebu, and encourage more subdivision development/housing at the top of the mountains, easy access napod ang bukid sa mga squatters.. basin mahimo na ang large part sa atong bukid pareho sa favelas of rio de jeneiro! subo nga palandongon! :eek:hno:

di lang unta ni magpadayon! klaro na kayong intention sa mga politiko ani, andam nani silag salo og gasa gikan sa mga developer og subdivision!!! senyor santo nino ayaw intawn ni itugot kay samot na nya kaguba ang isla sa sugbo!!!
Now I am torn between two lovers...Hehehehehe

#5,147 ·
Pero nindot biya ang Plano sa American contractor unta sa transaxial highway Kay ila man mas panindoton ug agi atimanun ang mga watersheds sa Cebu. Nakabasa man gyud ko adto, unya mag install pod sila ug mga wind farms to generate more energy supply sa Cebu city and province, unya if wala ko kalimut mag butang pod sila ug irrigations para sa mga umahan nga maagi-an sa transaxial highway basta nindot gyud. Bitaw kinahanglan na man gyud ta ug bag-o nga karsada sa Cebu kanang strategic kaayo ang pagkabutang. Imagine from northern tip to southern tip 3hours nalang ang travel time Kay walay traffic unya dretso dretso ang byahe, it can save you a lot of money and time gyud.
^^ :eek:kay:

it all depends on how you manage and implement measures. nindot lagi nang naa naay bagong dalan ang cebu, kanang matawag gyud nato nga expressway or highway para sa paspas nga transportasyon pero kung walay mga balaod, inabagan sa striktong pagpatuman niini sa pagprotejer sa atong kinaiyahan kay laen na pud nang istoryaha. kinahanglan idili gyud ang pagpahigayon og bisa'g unsang matang sa kalambuan sulod sa trans-axial expressway para malikayan ang susamang mga problemang nahi-aguman na karon sa kapatagan sa sugbo tungod sa rapud urbanization. magsilbe unta ni nga maayong proyekto dili lang para sa ekonomiya sa sugbo pero para pud sa pagpalambo og pagamuma sa atong kinahiyahan.

hinaot pa unta. :)

#5,148 ·
@main,,,,import ante gyud ang istrikto nga mga balaod ang ipatuman bro para madisiplina ta isip mga lumulopyo sa Cebu, dap at naa gyud proper zoning Kung Asa Lang dapit pwede tukuran ug mga establisimento, Kay Kung walay balaod useless gyud atong mga infra, dap at Kung super highway wala gyud makabalda nga mga structures para Dili madaot atone mga kalikopan except sa karsada.

Saktoaim ong punto bro nga operation of the infra and management of the environment. It has to go hand on hand.

#5,149 ·

I agree.
This is a good project whichever you look at it. The purpose of the transaxial highway is to distribute development province wide. For now, most of the development is focused only in Metro Cebu so this has caused people in the province to flock to the city turning the city into slums / squatters resulting to overpopulation, pollution, scarce clean water, traffic, garbage problem, flooding and rising criminality. Land area in the metro is becoming scarce while people density is increasing. An integrated province wide development anchored on the construction of a transaxial hiway will bring more investments to the countryside, improve movement of people and goods, distribute wealth to all Cebuanos and prevent urban decay in the cities. Of course, careful planning should be done to protect our watersheds and to make this project environmental friendly. And based on the initial proposals in this project like possible dev't of windfarms, I think we can be assured that the proponents are nature/environment lovers like most of us. :cheers:

#5,151 ·
kasamok nga daghan ug flyover wui..maka wagtang sa beauty sa street level at the same time maka obstruct kung mo tanaw ka pataas..not to mention na mo-yagit na tan.awon kay tungod sa smoke.ugh..wa jud flyover diri sa auckland...hai.. :( :((

is there another way to solve traffic problems without constructing a flyover?ugh..IMO kato unta sa mambaling gi guba nlang to ang dako na island na gihimong volleyballan sa mga tawo...instead nag himo sila ug flyover na feel jud nako maka bati sa BRT or worse..gub.on nlang para sa BRT which is a big waste of money hai..hai hai nako sa akong labada.. :(

#5,152 ·
^^
well i guess, those flyovers will become BRT lanes sooooon! hehe

#5,157 ·
It's about time to change the ILS...1972 pana... :nuts: :)
Hasta ang Radar. It was finance from the Japanese reparation to the Philippines.
no wonder nga category 2 ra gyud ta kutob. kinahanglan pangusgan na sa atong mga kadagkuan sa mciaa kay mora man ug maayo ning laki atong ni administrators ug mga bag-ong board members nga duna gyud higher education nga makasabot sa pamaagi. i have high hopes that mciaa can meet global standards ahead of naia where so much politics abound.

#5,158 ·
no wonder nga category 2 ra gyud ta kutob. kinahanglan pangusgan na sa atong mga kadagkuan sa mciaa kay mora man ug maayo ning laki atong ni administrators ug mga bag-ong board members nga duna gyud higher education nga makasabot sa pamaagi. i have high hopes that mciaa can meet global standards ahead of naia where so much politics abound.
just a clarification, bay. what is category 2 is the entire aviation sector of the
philippines, not MCIAA, or any other airport. we're under category 2 because
we (the philippines) haven't met the safety and security standards of FAA and
ICAO, and most of these are related to other issues in the aviation sector and
not the airports. in fact, even without the ILS equipment, a country can still
attain cat 1.

even if MCIA can meet global standards ahead of NAIA, which i doubt since that
requires resources and they have more, it will still not mean we can be rein-
stated back to cat 1. and even if we improve both NAIA and MCIA and DMIA
and all the other airports, it won't mean we can be reinstated to cat 1. we
have to address all the safety and security issues as a country, most of which
concerns CAAP, OTS, CAB and the other oversight agencies. that's why all
of us are cooperating and contributing. example: MCIA is slightly ahead of
NAIA in the aerodrome certification process, we have a workable safety mgt.
system manual - so we shared these with NAIA so that they can finish theirs.
subic also wanted to visit cebu last month to benchmark on the SMS manual
and all the preparation for aerodrome certification, but were postponed due
to administrative constraints. davao is also doing well with the process. we
need 2 airports with certified aerodromes as one of those numerous issues
and we're doing our work "collectively" so that we can be elevated ...

just explaining a bit that we are all in this together, and that we at MCIA are
not planning things just to be ahead of the rest. we working closely with
CAAP, and with NAIA and DMIA, to accelerate the country's aviation industry's
upgrading to cat 1.

#5,159 ·
It's about time to change the ILS...1972 pana... :nuts: :)
Hasta ang Radar. It was finance from the Japanese reparation to the Philippines.
right. which just reveals your age, fred ... the only people who readily knows
that are those working here during that decade, he he he :lol:

usa ra sad oi - the ILS in rnwy 22, the one in rnwy 04 is newer (relatively), it
was placed there as a component of MIADP, circa 1990's. both are out of com-
mission now, so we're hurrying up the new equipment which hopefully will be
online by august.

#5,160 ·
While the Cebu Projects thread is so active with new projects every month, the Cebu Infrastructure thread is dormant & sluggish.
I do not see anything moving after almost a yr.
Seems like Pnoy has no projects for Cebu. :eek:hno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.