SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Central Visayas Region

1M views 6K replies 621 participants last post by  hanz1prince 
#1 ·
Bohol Philipppines - it's the newest tourism craze in Pinas

Please take time to visit the website of Bohol - God’s Little Paradise. Aside from natural wonders like chocolate hills, white sand beaches, caves, and waterfalls, you can also find romantic lighthouses and several historic churches engraved with Baroque designs, please check this link:

http://www.bohol.ph/gallery3.html

It's not a skycraper but the monuments are worth treasures.
Btw, I'm a fan of old buildings. For me it represents grandeur, history, and stability. I don't like tall glass building.

#2 ·
Goodbye Philippines, Im goin back to Bohol!!! jowk.

:bash:

yeah, i like bohol. i guess its one of the top tourist destination in the archilepago.

#7 ·
well.. I haven't heard of that claim before. But it's not surprising, it's gotta have beaches, but unlike Boracay, it has more than that. Chocolate Hills, old ancestral buildings, and an airport to serve the whole island. Also I think it has a circumferential road around the island. I remember there were plans years back.

#9 ·
Boracay is still nice and has become a beach party place for Manila's elite, much like Ibiza. If you want a quiet trip, tour the island of Bohol instead. Scuba diving is superb there too. Don't forget about the elusive tarsier..har,har,har.

They're developing the island as an eco-tourism. In fact, a new highway has been inaugurated as of late. However, the place needs more infrastructure such as hotels to accomodate the demand of growing tourism. I just hope the design will be at par with the intricate design of Baroque monument in Bohol.

I'm not Boholano btw. I'm a native of Quezon City, currently residing in the East Coast. But I like that Bohol website that is maintained by a Dutchman married to a Pinay.

Another promising island is Guimaras. The sweet mango island,,, yum,yum,yum)

#10 ·
Oh, you can also do your visits inglesias at the historic Spanish Churches in Bohol during the Holy Week.

#11 ·
I went to Bohol the week leading up to the Sinulog festival. I saw the famous Chocolate Hills. It's actually quite nice there even tho the hills weren't brown when I saw them. There's a plan involving opening a golf course around the area. I dunno but the plan sounds bad since it'll ruin the natural setting. In addition to going to Chocolate Hills, I went on a floating restaurant that went through the Loboc River and saw some Tarsiers. Go take a tourism package, it's worth it.

#12 ·
Nice pics Louman, the floating restaurant is making me hungry already. Hasn't anybody noticed that when you eat beside the shore or near any massive body of water, it feels like your appetite is unsatiable. It actually makes you eat more and more...

#13 ·
The main reason why I'd like to promote Bohol is that the province has been neglected for a long period of time. As you know, I'm not Boholano, my father's family is from IloIlo and I always consider myself an Ilongga (tho I cannot speak =(.
The province of Bohol has been over-shadowed by it's neighbor Cebu. The province is so poor that the npas once proliferated in the island. Since their surrender, Bohol is slowly picking up. Blessed with a wonderful nature, tourism is now a major industry that supports the Boholanos.
It is only these past few years that infrastructures such as highways and hotels are beginning to sprout out to accomodate the need of future tourists.

#15 · (Edited)
Which beach did you go to. There are alot of beaches in Bohol. I haven't heard of such complaints from the people that visited.

Sorry to refute you, but I've been told by alot of visitors that the beaches in Bohol are free of seaweed or any floating debris especially the private Alona beach..

#17 ·
Bohol taps group to draft P10-M tourism master plan

TAGBILARAN CITY, Bohol -- Encouraged by a recent increase in tourist arrivals, the provincial government has tapped a private group to draft a tourism master plan for Bohol, which boasts of white sandy beaches, centuries-old churches, and the famous Chocolate Hills.

Governor Erico Aumentado said the master plan would be done by Pacific Consultants International (PCI), which proposes to develop three tourism circuits in the province. These are the Panglao, Balicasag and Pamilacan islands; the Loboc/Baclayon and Tagbilaran circuit; and the Carmen-Chocolate Hills area.

Another area, Ubay, has been identified for agriculture and eco-tourism.

The provincial government has also proposed that the plan include the Anda peninsula and thTubigon-Calape-Clarin-Sagbayan-Danao-Inabanga-Buenavista-Getafe and Talibon areas in the major tourism clusters.

Aumentado said PCI had done master plans for other leading tourism destinations, including Bali in Indonesia and Phuket in Thailand.

The plan is to be completed in a year at a cost of about P10 million, he said.

The Department of Tourism will shoulder P3 million of the cost, each of Bohol's three congressmen will provide P1.5 million, and the provincial government will contribute P2.5 million, he said. With INQ7.net

#20 ·
I haven’t seen any renderings of the new Panglao Airport yet. We have a forumer who is from Bohol maybe he can get some information. I think his name is wornout.

#22 · (Edited)
lotrfan55345 said:
Tagbilaran Aiport is just one building, no baggage carousels or anything, you have to put it on the plane yourself (well you hand it to this guy) and the building is inadequetly airconditioned.
It's really a pity...I am from bohol but I am here in Manila for school and a part time job. hehehe. Sorry guys but I really don't have enough materials to provide here especially about the Panglao airport. The last info that I have about the airport is that it is having a hard time to secure the contiguous land area needed for the construction of the airport because the lot owners are asking very exhorbitant price for their lots. Regarding the circumferential road, most part of it is already complete and it is really comfortable now driving through the whole island. Most tour operators are actually thinking of putting a round-bohol package targeted for the middle market especially those from metro manila and cebu.

Thank you Sandrin for creating this thread and for the great website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.