daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka > Hubli-Dharwad

Old August 31st, 2014, 01:31 PM   #2381
ajay ramchandran

Likes (Received): 608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjunath kasigavi View Post
In collaboration with some indian brand I believe.. same was the case with Easyday (Walmart in collaboration with Bharti Airtel)
I can think of only Auchan/SPAR. Walmart I think has almost given up regarding its entry to India.Indian govt has put several restrictions and they are not happy. Things might change. TESCO is eyeing India too.Walmart is know as ASDA here.They have their presence in poorer areas of UK and their items are substandard too but cheaper. Sainsbury has its presence in good areas . Waitrose,Marks and spencer and Sainsbury target the premium customers and their quality is far better than Asda ,Tesco ,Lidl or Spar.TESCO is rated above ASDA.

If you find a posh city in India ...you are in Dakshina Kannada ,Yes you are in Mangalore.

Restaurants ,Pubs ,Wine malls....you will find here
The clean city
The Banking city
The Educational/Health Hub
The Mall City
The Ice cream city of India
The Emerging Petro/IT hub
High Literacy ,Lowest infant and maternal mortality.
ajay ramchandran no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 31st, 2014, 02:02 PM   #2382
sujaysjn
Hoo-Balli Singa-Pura

Likes (Received): 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay ramchandran View Post

I can think of only Auchan/SPAR. Waitrose,Marks and spencer and Sainsbury target the premium customers and their quality is far better than Asda ,Tesco ,Lidl or Spar.TESCO is rated above ASDA.
Somerfield is also a good chain of retails in UK. When I was in London between 2007-2009 I was regular customer of them and some tmes Tesco and Sciencebury..
Old August 31st, 2014, 08:47 PM   #2383
ajay ramchandran

Likes (Received): 608

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaysjn View Post
Somerfield is also a good chain of retails in UK. When I was in London between 2007-2009 I was regular customer of them and some tmes Tesco and Sciencebury..
Would place Somerfield with Lidl and spar.

For Food Marks and spencer is good,would say excellent followed by Waitrose and Sainsbury. Marks is very expensive but you pay for quality.Similarly Waitrose and Sainsbury are good but cheaper than Marks. When it comes to fruits ,vegetables and and food items the above three make a difference but they are more expensive too.

Marks and spencer will soon be entering the food segment in India.
The location of supermarkets in the UK is very class based! I am afraid to state that.That is how they run their business and attract customers.It took me so many years to realise that.Infact never thought about it during the first 10 years .

If you find a posh city in India ...you are in Dakshina Kannada ,Yes you are in Mangalore.

Restaurants ,Pubs ,Wine malls....you will find here
The clean city
The Banking city
The Educational/Health Hub
The Mall City
The Ice cream city of India
The Emerging Petro/IT hub
High Literacy ,Lowest infant and maternal mortality.

Last edited by ajay ramchandran; August 31st, 2014 at 08:53 PM.
ajay ramchandran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:44 AM   #2384
sujaysjn
Hoo-Balli Singa-Pura

Likes (Received): 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay ramchandran View Post
Would place Somerfield with Lidl and spar.

For Food Marks and spencer is good,would say excellent followed by Waitrose and Sainsbury. Marks is very expensive but you pay for quality.Similarly Waitrose and Sainsbury are good but cheaper than Marks. When it comes to fruits ,vegetables and and food items the above three make a difference but they are more expensive too.

Marks and spencer will soon be entering the food segment in India.
The location of supermarkets in the UK is very class based! I am afraid to state that.That is how they run their business and attract customers.It took me so many years to realise that.Infact never thought about it during the first 10 years .
I completely agree with you. That's how the retails run their business.World's second biggest retail hypermarkets french Carrefore withdrew its service from here in Singapore and other Asian countries last year after losses for successive years. Where as Malaysian hypermarket Giant is running successfully in that place. For successful business they need to understand the in and out of the people of that region..

ajay ramchandran liked this post
sujaysjn no está en línea   Reply With Quote