daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 5.00 average.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:25 AM   #2461
Dvorak
COO - Child of Owner

Likes (Received): 2

how about those big umbrella tents?? the ones that they put sa starbucks/coffe shops?

I know sa Boni Ridge, which is under Ayala Property, they allowed unit owners with balconies in the ground floor to put up a picnic tent like that.

www.avanzaclub.ph
Dvorak no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2007, 03:02 PM   #2462
joybook_5000

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsamba View Post
joybook, ang ganda pala ng polycarbonate. sana payagan ka.
Thanks, sana nga We are still waiting for a reply.
joybook_5000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 05:21 PM   #2463
gridloc
T R A F F I C ! ! !

Likes (Received): 45

Serendra pics, 102007:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
gridloc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #2464
RiOT!
A M D G

One Serendra pics:

October 25, 2007

Old October 25th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #2465
Edmundtanso

Likes (Received): 6

[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Great Pictures everyone.....what's with the planter island? i hope it is temporary...
Old October 26th, 2007, 12:33 AM   #2466
rgbisaya
Beta "APO" Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundtanso View Post
[/IMG]
Great Pictures everyone.....what's with the planter island? i hope it is temporary...[/QUOTE]

Well this is probably making sure nobody makes a u-turn. Like here in philly its a concrete barrier, thus help in eliminating front end collision esp. from mga lasing. Look at the SUV, isn't he hugging the road.
rgbisaya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 04:54 AM   #2467
abodephils
BANNED

Are you looking for a ready for moving unit in Serendra???

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveljunkie View Post
Hi, I'm new here. I'm interested in a one bedroom unit in the building next to Aston. Someone told me that the launch will be this October or November. I would like to know which is easily rented? Is it the studio? The one bedroom? Or the two bedroom? Is it better to get a unit in the lower floors (for example, 1st floor to 8th floor?) Or in the upper floors (example, 15th floor onwards). Does anyone know the name of the building next to the Aston. I would appreciate any info. Sorry if my Qs are kinda silly but I'm buying the unit for investment purposes. Thanks!
One Serendra Unit 528 Special 3br Lantern Unit 212 sqm 5th Flr 2 parking slots Sec. A facing Piazza. 25M.

Two Serendra Sec. C 6F 2br 70 sqm facing pool area w/ parking slot. 10M.

Two Serendra Sec. A 2br bi level cor. lantern unit. 10Flr. 84 sqm w/ parking slot facing Market Market. 11.6M.
abodephils no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 04:44 AM   #2468
theOCdiva
Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abodephils View Post

Originally Posted by traveljunkie View Post
Hi, I'm new here. I'm interested in a one bedroom unit in the building next to Aston. Someone told me that the launch will be this October or November. I would like to know which is easily rented? Is it the studio? The one bedroom? Or the two bedroom? Is it better to get a unit in the lower floors (for example, 1st floor to 8th floor?) Or in the upper floors (example, 15th floor onwards). Does anyone know the name of the building next to the Aston. I would appreciate any info. Sorry if my Qs are kinda silly but I'm buying the unit for investment purposes. Thanks!

One Serendra Unit 528 Special 3br Lantern Unit 212 sqm 5th Flr 2 parking slots Sec. A facing Piazza. 25M.

Two Serendra Sec. C 6F 2br 70 sqm facing pool area w/ parking slot. 10M.

Two Serendra Sec. A 2br bi level cor. lantern unit. 10Flr. 84 sqm w/ parking slot facing Market Market. 11.6M.

Hello to all the newbies and thanks to all who posted those precious pics!

Regarding rentals, I came across this newsbit (posted by Boe, I think (thanks Boe!)), and hope it helps:

Quote:
Philippines: Rental Yields for:
Makati Central Business District, Ortigas Center, Eastwood City, Global City
Source: Global Property Guide
As of February 27, 2007

Most of the luxury condominiums are located in Makati CBD, Rockwell, Ortigas Center and Fort Bonifacio. Rental yields for these units are high.

The smallest apartments in each segment earn the highest yields. For instance, studio apartments in the prime areas of Metro Manila can earn around 13%-15%. But the highest returns are available on the smallest studios (30 sq. m.), which earn rental returns of an average of 15.1%. Larger studio condos (40 sq. m.) earn slightly lower returns (12.9%).
Unquote.

For the complete article (I kept the link) go to:
http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/c...4&cid=as&cat=3

Makes me think then that my studio will do wonders on rent!!
All I can say is, anyone who buys at Serendra has got a good head on his/her shoulder. Albeit a little bit more pricey but you'll be in for a great ride!
Good luck!
theOCdiva no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 08:08 AM   #2469
thomasian

Likes (Received): 2720

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybook_5000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsamba View Post
joybook, ang ganda pala ng polycarbonate. sana payagan ka.
Thanks, sana nga We are still waiting for a reply.
Let me show you one my posts from the other thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjin P. View Post
Pasig River Ferry Station - Escolta

image hosted on flickr

by sildjune
The polycarbonate roof looks so cheap, they could have used glass instead.
Polycarbonate is beautiful when it's new. But used outdoors, polycarbonate sheets easily get ugly. Polycarbonate is plastic. High quality polycarbonate supposedly has good optical properties and some resistance to the elements, but then a lot of the polycarbonate sheets that you can buy here in the Philippines (even those in the giant home depots Wilcon, MC, The Home Depot, etc.) are the low quality Chinese ones that quickly deteriorate when used outdoors. Notice how in that picture one of the sheets are starting to become yellowish? And that in time it will also be less clear and, uh, uglier. If you've noticed the waterfall on Shangri-La Plaza's grand atrium, the one that spans the whole height of the atrium, you'll notice how algae have grown inside the polycarbonate sheets at the bottom, and on where the sheets are joined together. That's what usually happens on polycarbonate used outdoors, water seeps inside allowing algae to form. A more ugly example of polycarbonate usage would be the really-long footbridge linking the LRT2 Recto Station and LRT1 Doroteo Jose Station, the sheets used to be clear, now they're all cloudy (and no amount of cleaning would help), and in various shades of "paninilaw" due to the sun exposure. Use glass instead, it's more beautiful, although more expensive but will last much longer than polycarbonate so you'd still save money in the long run.
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #2470
RiOT!
A M D G

Quote:

Polycarbonate is beautiful when it's new. But used outdoors, polycarbonate sheets easily get ugly. Polycarbonate is plastic. High quality polycarbonate supposedly has good optical properties and some resistance to the elements, but then a lot of the polycarbonate sheets that you can buy here in the Philippines (even those in the giant home depots Wilcon, MC, The Home Depot, etc.) are the low quality Chinese ones that quickly deteriorate when used outdoors. Notice how in that picture one of the sheets are starting to become yellowish? And that in time it will also be less clear and, uh, uglier. If you've noticed the waterfall on Shangri-La Plaza's grand atrium, the one that spans the whole height of the atrium, you'll notice how algae have grown inside the polycarbonate sheets at the bottom, and on where the sheets are joined together. That's what usually happens on polycarbonate used outdoors, water seeps inside allowing algae to form. A more ugly example of polycarbonate usage would be the really-long footbridge linking the LRT2 Recto Station and LRT1 Doroteo Jose Station, the sheets used to be clear, now they're all cloudy (and no amount of cleaning would help), and in various shades of "paninilaw" due to the sun exposure. Use glass instead, it's more beautiful, although more expensive but will last much longer than polycarbonate so you'd still save money in the long run.
I agree with thomasian. Polycarbonate easily degrades due to UV light & heat from sun exposure. It's nice when new, but after awhile it will easily change color and become brittle. Glass, although heavier and much more expensive, is still better than polycarbonate.
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #2471
frustratedarchitect

Likes (Received): 19

Massive flats!

And yeah polycarbonate is plastic and looks very much like plastic. It can become an eyesore after a long time. It can never have the sleek feel glass has in a million billion years.
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #2472
gen1

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:

Polycarbonate is beautiful when it's new. But used outdoors, polycarbonate sheets easily get ugly. Polycarbonate is plastic. High quality polycarbonate supposedly has good optical properties and some resistance to the elements, but then a lot of the polycarbonate sheets that you can buy here in the Philippines (even those in the giant home depots Wilcon, MC, The Home Depot, etc.) are the low quality Chinese ones that quickly deteriorate when used outdoors. .

Yup, I agree with you. the low quality polycarbonates are not UV stable and deteriorates rapidly in sunlight.

If funds is not an issue though try buying GE LEXAN polycarbonates. It's great material and lasts for years and years without yellowing or getting brittle. It's used in the US for greenhouses.

The Lexan retaso left over from doing your patio can be used to bulletproof your car
Old October 28th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #2473
thomasian

Likes (Received): 2720

Haha, I was about to say lexan kaso baka sabihin nila na masyado na akong atribido at pakialamero, matapos pintasan ang plano nilang polycarbonate eh magsa-suggest pa. But yeah, lexan is good, great optical properties, and of course the durability ang toughness, kahit magbatuhan kayo ng mga gamit pag nag-away kayo eh okay lang.
Old October 28th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #2474
pebbles

Likes (Received): 1

[QUOTE=gridloc;16060544]Serendra pics, 102007:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I am seeing right, but are those round white things satellite dishes (in the 2nd to the left balcony on the top floor of first pic, and on top of the trellis in the bottom left area of the second pic)? If so, just wondering what other channels are available thru satellite dishes that are not already available thru cable; or are these dishes used for other things ... I'm not much of a technical guy when it comes to telecommunications stuff so sorry if my question is a bit elementary ....
pebbles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 02:09 AM   #2475
gen1

matagal din yatang walang cable tv sa serendra.

baka they didn't want to miss the pacquiao-morales fight
Old October 29th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #2476
abodephils
BANNED

Resale units in One Serendra

One Serendra Special 3br Sec. A Lantern Unit 212 sqm Unit 525 5th Flr 2 parking slots facing Piazza. PhP 25M.

One Serendra 2br Sec. A Unit 636 6th 126 sqm Flr 2 parking slots facing Piazza. PhP 15M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnolds View Post
I'm interested in buying a resale unit sa Serendra. Section B turnover sa Dec 2007. Nasa seller na ang title. What other items should I be concerned about when transferring the title?

regards
Arnold
abodephils no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #2477
gen1

Bartman, open water certified diver ka ba ?

If I want to dive in phil dive sites like coron or apo would it make sense to be open water certified or ok na yung isang klase ng certification where you need to dive with a dive master (parang student driver )

5 days kasi ang open water certification process. ang tagal. the other one is just 3 days.

your input would be appreciated.

salamat.
Old October 30th, 2007, 04:56 AM   #2478
Edmundtanso

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbisaya View Post
Great Pictures everyone.....what's with the planter island? i hope it is temporary...
Well this is probably making sure nobody makes a u-turn. Like here in philly its a concrete barrier, thus help in eliminating front end collision esp. from mga lasing. Look at the SUV, isn't he hugging the road.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm..i just wish they make it look nicer if it is permanent.
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:15 AM   #2479
OilMover

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundtanso View Post
Well this is probably making sure nobody makes a u-turn. Like here in philly its a concrete barrier, thus help in eliminating front end collision esp. from mga lasing. Look at the SUV, isn't he hugging the road.
hmmmm..i just wish they make it look nicer if it is permanent.[/QUOTE]

Those concrete barriers are called JERSEY BARRIERS because they first appeared in NJ and as you can imagine they are all over the place.
OilMover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 09:20 AM   #2480
bartman
serendra bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen1 View Post
Bartman, open water certified diver ka ba ?

If I want to dive in phil dive sites like coron or apo would it make sense to be open water certified or ok na yung isang klase ng certification where you need to dive with a dive master (parang student driver )

5 days kasi ang open water certification process. ang tagal. the other one is just 3 days.

your input would be appreciated.

salamat.
yes, i am. you can't dive without a c card. a dive instructor may take you out on a dive if he/she uses the dive as part of the normal certification process.

i went on three dives last saturday in anilao. the last dive, we saw a pawikan. on the way back to the resort, some 50 dolphins were on a line and crossed in front of our boat. some were jumping up in the air and doing corkscrews like they were giving us a performance. awesome!!!
bartman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: