daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Cityscapes and Skyline Photos

Cityscapes and Skyline Photos Photos and images from all around the world

Old March 18th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #221
PRIMEVAL

Likes (Received): 108796

Vidra Ski Resort, Lotru Valley, Oltenia

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania
PRIMEVAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #222
PRIMEVAL

Comana Monastery, village and Nature Park, Muntenia

The monastery was established in 1461 by Vlad Țepeș, the ruler intending to make it his necropolis. The present fortress is from 16-17th centuries and the church from 19th century.

The nature park protects an area of 249 km˛ covered by steppe vegetation, riparian and alluvial forests of various species, pastures and salty fields, stillwaters, eutrophic lakes etc, inhabited by a diverse fauna.

Older post with Comana Park: 11533

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania

djole13, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old April 5th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #223
PRIMEVAL

Turda Gorges

Older posts with Turda Gorges: 10765, 10212, 10643

Old April 9th, 2014, 08:06 AM   #224
PRIMEVAL

Dorohoi, Botoșani County, Moldavia

The city (population 31,073) is the seond largest in county and was itself the capital of Dorohoi County that existed until 1948.

Parra 1, djole13, Pop Bogdan, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old April 11th, 2014, 01:36 AM   #225
Pop Bogdan
Bogdan Pop

Likes (Received): 78974

Cluj-Napoca / Kolozsvár / Klausenburg - The Orthodox Cathedral

Last edited by Pop Bogdan; May 28th, 2014 at 01:15 PM.
Pop Bogdan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #226
PRIMEVAL

Constanța and Mamaia

djole13, Parra 1, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old April 15th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #227
PRIMEVAL

Alexandria, capital of Teleorman County

The city (population 45,434) was founded in 1834 after plans by Otto von Moritz, who also planned the reconstructed Brăila and Giurgiu (former Turkish cities returned to Wallachia in 1829) and the new city of Turnu Severin (founded on the place of ancient Roman Drobeta and medieval castle of Turnu Severin).

djole13, Pop Bogdan, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old April 16th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #228
PRIMEVAL

Mircea Vodă village, Dobruja

The village was called Cilibichioi until 1931, a name of Turkish oirigin.

The Danube - Black Sea Canal passes by it.

djole13, Pop Bogdan, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:00 PM   #229
PRIMEVAL

Fildu de Sus, Sălaj County, Crișana

The wooden church built in 1727 is considered the finest among the 130 wooden churches of Sălaj (one of the three counties with the highest concentration of wooden churches in Romania, the other two being Maramureș and Bihor).

Pop Bogdan, djole13, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old April 23rd, 2014, 10:11 PM   #230
PRIMEVAL

Danube Delta - feral horses in Letea Forest

Old April 24th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #231
PRIMEVAL

Ceahlău National Park

djole13, Parra 1, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old April 25th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #232
PRIMEVAL

Iași

- Metropolitan Cathedral, 1833 - 1887
- Train Station, 1870
- Culture Palace, 1906 - 1925, built on the ruins of the mediaeval Royal Court of Moldavia (1434), and partly on top of the foundations of the former neoclassical style palace, dated to the time of Prince Alexandru Moruzi (1806, dismantled in 1904 - small photo).

Old April 30th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #233
PRIMEVAL

Cluj-Napoca / Kolozsvár / Klausenburg

Old May 5th, 2014, 11:13 AM   #234
PRIMEVAL

Tulcea and Năvodari, Dobruja

Tulcea

Năvodari

Old May 25th, 2014, 09:52 AM   #235
PRIMEVAL

Autumnal Maramureș

Geographically, Land of Maramureș is an ~100 km long depression situated between the mountain ranges of Maramureș, Rodna, Țibleș and Gutâi, extending in both Romania and Ukraine.

Historically, Land of Maramureș was a medieval comitatus then a county that survided until 1918.

Demographically, the northern part, that is now inside the border of Ukraine, was majoritary Romanian before the demographic policy of Austrian-Hungarian Empire in 18-19th centuries, when many Ruthenians where encouraged to establish here and who later started to adopt the Ukrainian identity. In middle age Maramureș was a semi-autonomous district ruled by Romanian voivodes, inside the Hungarian Kingdom. The first rulers of Moldavia were Romanian knyazes (small noblemen) from Maramureș.

Ethnographically, Maramureș is the most original and the most archaic region of Romania and even Europe.

This is one of Peter Lengyel's fabulous series of Maramureș aerials, more of them in these pages:

Zboruri peste verde – Maramureș
Zboruri cu balonul prin Maramureș
Zbor de Mai în Maramureș

Rodna Mountains

Gutâi Mountains with the characteristic Rooster Crest Peak

Depression of Maramureș

Oncești - a village on Iza Valley, near Sighet

Sighetu Marmației / Máramarossziget - a city of 37,640 inhabitants that was the capital of Maramureș Comitatus and County before 1918. It is situated on Tisa River and on the border between Romania and Ukraine.

Maramureș Mountains

Old June 1st, 2014, 07:32 AM   #236
PRIMEVAL

Constanța

Old June 3rd, 2014, 04:57 AM   #237
PRIMEVAL

Sighișoara / Schäßburg

hugodiekonig, djole13 liked this post
Old June 3rd, 2014, 05:00 AM   #238
PRIMEVAL

[QUOTE=PRIMEVAL;112922793]
Alba Iulia / Gyulafehérvár / Karlsburg

hugodiekonig, djole13 liked this post
Old June 7th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #239
PRIMEVAL

Olimp Resort, seaside

Old June 12th, 2014, 01:05 AM   #240
PRIMEVAL

Enisala Fortress, Dobruja

Built around 1300 by Genovese

hugodiekonig liked this post

Tags
fotografie, fotografii