daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Cityscapes and Skyline Photos

Cityscapes and Skyline Photos Photos and images from all around the world

Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:40 PM   #241
PRIMEVAL

Likes (Received): 109692

A1 Motorway between Deva and Simeria, Transylvania

Crossing River Mureș

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania

djole13, Parra 1, Rain Drops, hugodiekonig liked this post
PRIMEVAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #242
PRIMEVAL

Sibiu County - "the southern gate of Transylvania"

14 minutes of aerials and ground footage and English-translated presentation. To be able to read the English subtitles, as are in small characters, go to the video on Youtube and open it in medium of full screen. You'll be amazed about Romania's most developed zone after Bucharest and perhaps the cosiest in country.

The map shows the cultural / ethnograhic zones of the county: the Saxon seats of Sibiu (including the Secaș Valley zone), Mediaș, Hārtibaciu Valley, the western half of the Land of Făgăraș, Mărginimea Sibiului, a Romanian ethnographic zone (once also part of Sibiu Seat).

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania

Rain Drops, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old July 8th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #243
PRIMEVAL

Defile of Crișul Repede, Pădurea Craiului Mountains

Old July 8th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #244
PRIMEVAL

Cālnic / Kelling, Saxon seat of Sebeș, Transylvania

The peasant fortress is special in that it was not originally built by peasants but by the village nobleman, Chyl de Kelling, who erected the keep in 1270 (most Saxon fortifications were erected around the year 1500). In 1420 the owners sold the fortress to the villagers who extended it with a courtyard and more towers.

This situation - a nobleman residence that became peasant fortress - is found only in the neighbour village, Gārbova, where the central structure, the keep also dates from 13th century.

Together with the surrounding village, the citadel of Cālnic is among the seven villages with fortified churches in Transylvania UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Old July 8th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #245
PRIMEVAL

Galați - Damen Shipyard

Established in 1893, is the largest shipyard on Danube (Galaķ being also the busiest port of Danube among cities from any country along the river).

Old July 8th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #246
PRIMEVAL

Bistrița Monastery and Bistrița Gorges, Căpățānii Mountains, Oltenia

It is situated at the foot of Arnota Massif, which was once part of Buila - Vāntarurarița Massif but later was separated from it by the River Costești, millions of years ago. A large stone quarry in the vicinity (visible in video) disturbs the landscape and the silence.

The monastery is certified in 1494 but older (a chapel outside the walls dates from 13th century). In present form, the monastery (church and fortress) dates from 1855, being built in Neoromanesque style.

Only the entrance in the gorges is presented in video but is enough to give a sample of the extremely complex geomorphology of the Romanian Carpathians.

Old July 8th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #247
PRIMEVAL

Tulcea

Claboo Media 1 2

Old July 8th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #248
PRIMEVAL

Seaside resorts

Claboo Media 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mamaia

2 Mai

Mangalia

Costinești

Eforie

Rain Drops, AT30, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old July 9th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #249
PRIMEVAL

Danube (Cremenea Branch) in Topalu, Dobruja

Claboo Media 1 2

Old February 17th, 2015, 01:18 AM   #250
AndreiNedelcu

Likes (Received): 78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdio5BdEW4E

PRIMEVAL liked this post
AndreiNedelcu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #251
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 59456