daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Cityscapes and Skyline Photos

Cityscapes and Skyline Photos Photos and images from all around the world

Old July 15th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #61
PRIMEVAL

Likes (Received): 110430

Medgidia / Mecidiye

A city founded by Ottomans in 1856 with Crimean Tatar refugees.

The Danube - Black Sea Canal which passes through the city was built in 1949 - 1984, in the first stage (1949 - 1954) the workforce being supplied by political detainees (those considered adversaries by the communist regime) of which a great number died as a result of hard conditions (estimations vary between 10,000 and 200,000, of the total ~1 million who were deported here at forced labour).

popliviustefan

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania

Highcliff, Pop Bogdan, hugodiekonig liked this post
PRIMEVAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #62
PRIMEVAL

Sulina

The town at the mouth of the branch with the same name of Danube, the one in the middle of the river's three main branches.

Sulina is a very isolated place, there are no roads, only boats can reach it.

The Danube Delta (4152 km˛, of which 3446 km˛ are in Romania) is perhaps the least inhabited region of temperate Europe. In the Romanian side live about 20,000 people, of which 4,600 in the port of Sulina, which gives an average density of approx. 2 inhabitants per km˛.

Here is Europe youngest territory, the land advancing each year ~40 m as a result of alluvia. Also, here is the easternmost point of continental European Union.

Tucano5075 1 2

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #63
PRIMEVAL

Târgoviște, Olt Defile, Carpathians and Sibiu

george2210.blogspot.ro

Old July 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #64
PRIMEVAL

Small Pond of Brăila Natural Park

A reserve (270 km˛) protecting the marshes, islands and wildlife in Romania's second largest wet area after Danube Delta

Paul Kaye

Old July 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #65
PRIMEVAL

The Black Sea coast with the city of Mangalia

Highcliff, hugodiekonig liked this post
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #66
PRIMEVAL

Bicaz Gorges

zborpestetransilvania.ro

Old July 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #67
PRIMEVAL

Alba Iulia / Gyulafehérvár / Weißenburg

zborpestetransilvania.ro

Old July 19th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #68
PRIMEVAL

Iron Gates (Canyon and dam) and Drobeta Turnu Severin

Endre Lucian Molnar

Old July 19th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #69
PRIMEVAL

Satu Mare / Szatmárnémeti / Sathmar

Andzik_Evelyn

Old July 19th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #70
PRIMEVAL

Sinoe and Golovița Lagoons

The strip of land between the largest group of lakes in Romania (both fresh and salt water) and Black Sea. Part of Danube Delta Biosphere

skile

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #71
PRIMEVAL

Cucuteni

The hill where in prehistory was the fortified city (5-4th millenia BCE) that gave the name to the most important European Neolithic culture. The building in image protects another archaeological site, a 5th century BCE tomb of a Dacian king.

tedyb

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #72
PRIMEVAL

Somewhere in the Moldavian Plateau

tedyb

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #73
PRIMEVAL

Băile Tușnad / Tusnádfürdő Spa

The town and the surrounding area are famous for their spas and mineral waters received from seven springs. Nearby is the Lake Sfânta Ana, a famous volcanic crater lake, the only one of its kind in Romania.

The water has long been used for bathing by the Székely people. The most probable date for the founding of the bathing station is 1842.

tedyb

Old July 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM   #74
PRIMEVAL

Neamț County

ziarpiatraneamt.ro 1 2 3 4

Piatra Neamț

Târgu Neamț - Neamț Citadel (14-15th century)

Pipirig Village

Bicaz Dam

Last edited by PRIMEVAL; July 21st, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM   #75
PRIMEVAL

Lake Bâlea and Transfăgărășan Road

Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #76
PRIMEVAL

Danube Delta - last European sanctuary

royeosu2012.ro 1 2 3

Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:00 AM   #77
PRIMEVAL

The coast

royeosu2012.ro

Mamaia

Lake Techirghiol

Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:48 PM   #78
manon

Likes (Received): 5315

superb photos, i love it, thank you very much

███████▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌♥♥♥ GO TURKIYE ♥♥♥▌▌▌▌▌▌▌███████▌

Facebook.com/SummerInTurkey

manon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #79
PRIMEVAL

Thank you Manon!

Babadag / Babadağ

Mijareta

Old July 24th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #80
JohnnyMass
Whatever

Likes (Received): 1497

Romania is such a stunning country and yet still a little unknown by its fellow european neighbours! I love it.

How have the tourism numbers been evolving in the past years? And what has the country done so far to attract and better receive tourists? I ask this because a friend of mine visited Romania maybe 5 or 6 years ago and she felt the country wasn't ready for tourists yet...

JohnnyMass no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
fotografie, fotografii