daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013)

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Archives

Old April 22nd, 2003, 04:58 PM   #1
Tony P
All the way with PJK

Likes (Received): 7

SYD - OFFICIAL : 114 Liverpool Street

I was browsing through domain.com.au and found this 4 sale off the plan:

See info here

Have I missed something or am I just stupid, because I don't know what it is??

A drawing:

This was the info that came along with the pics. Sorry about the caps, I just copied and pasted straignt from the site.

A BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED, LUXURIOUSLY FINISHED AND INTELLIGENTLY APPOINTED RESIDENTIAL TOWER SOON TO BE RISE TO PROMINENCE IN SYDNEY'S INNER-CITY PRECINCT. AN REASONABLY PRICED POINT OF ENTRY TO SYDNEY'S EDUCATIONAL, COMMERCIAL AND CULTURAL CENTRES. THIS PRESTIGIOUS 22 LEVEL RESIDENTIAL TOWER SOON TO BE BUILT ON LIVERPOOL STREET, DIRECTLY OPPOSITE 'WORLD SQUARE' (BETWEEN GEORGE AND PITT STREETS, SYDNEY) IS ONLY A SHORT WALK FROM RESTAURANTS AND SHOPS OF CHINATOWN AND THE MULTIPLE ATTRACTIONS OF DARLING HARBOUR. IT IS SECONDS FROM SYDNEY'S PREMIER THEATRE AND CINEMA DISTRICT. AND MINUTES FROM THE MARKETS, BARS, CAFES, RESTAURANTS, SYDNEY UNIVERSITY AND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY. DISCOVER THE BENEFITS OF PURCHASING OFF THE PLAN NOW AND CAPITALISE ON YOUR FUTURE. EXPECTED COMPLETION MID 2005 WITH 10% DEPOSIT ONLY.
Tony P no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 22nd, 2003, 10:21 PM   #2
Fabian
Sydney: World's best city

Likes (Received): 1008

That extract has covered everything relating to the development.

This tower has been approved by council as evidnced by the grey on the model in the model room. You may of not noticed the model but it tucked in amongst the surrounding towers eg World Tower, Meriton Tower.

Fab Sydney Flashbacks

Last edited by Fabian; April 23rd, 2003 at 03:53 AM.
Fabian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2003, 02:07 AM   #3
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 65

Some of us have had a chat about this building. It basically sits opposite World Tower, perhaps the Horden Tower to be exact on Liverpool Street. Next door is the court house. This DA has been outstanding for quite some time, so its good to see that its finally to begin.

The tower looks tall, but unfortunatley it will be "buried" amongst all those whopper towers that surround it. It will make no impact on the skyline even at 25 stories!

It proves the principal that if you build a landmark tower such as World Tower in a run down part of a CBD, then in very little time it attracts a number of new projects. Basically that section of midtown is being rebuilt. Land is so scarce that its is no wonder that developers are going further south towards Railway Sq and Broadway. (See Spaz's post on the CUB closure on Broadway).

I like the look of this mid sized tower.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 03:44 AM   #4
finn

Likes (Received): 544

Wow! So they're actually going ahead with it?!?

Good find there Tony!

Yeah, as mentioned by the others, if you have a look at the Liverpool and Pitt St corner of the Town Hall model you'll notice the (comparatively) little grey tower tucked in there, next to the courthouse.

On a general note - you know how they've just recently finished cleaning up the forecourt of the courthouse with new paving etc. - well it looks (from that drawing) as though this building will open out onto the newly renovated forecourt space - probably with some kind of outdoor cafe/restaurant, spilling into the space! That would be a great addition to this George to Pitt block of Liverpool, which tends to be a little dull.

Combined with the World Tower/Hordern Tower retail frontages across the street and the nice big trees out the front of the courthouse, it could be quite the cafe stretch!
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 09:57 AM   #5
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 1460

yeah its been approved for a couple of years now, hopefully one day it will actually proceed! Its just over 70m high!
Old May 7th, 2003, 07:48 AM   #6
CULWULLA

well funny enough, today the model maker for this firm came in to tell us he is remodeling this one, beacuse its going to start up this year! this is great news! its just not stopping in Sydney ! just this week thsere have been 3 more DA proposals for the 10-20 storey height range in the CBD!
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:10 PM   #7
finn

<table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by CULWULLA </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>well funny enough, today the model maker for this firm came in to tell us he is remodeling this one, beacuse its going to start up this year! this is great news! its just not stopping in Sydney ! just this week thsere have been 3 more DA proposals for the 10-20 storey height range in the CBD!</td></tr>
</table>

Yeah, I stopped by briefly at the model today and saw two guys looking at it - there was Louie (or so his name-tag said), and a guy with a beard and a heavy accent.

When you say he's remodelling Cul, does that mean a different design?
Old May 7th, 2003, 03:26 PM   #8
CULWULLA

<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by finn </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top><table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by CULWULLA </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>well funny enough, today the model maker for this firm came in to tell us he is remodeling this one, beacuse its going to start up this year! this is great news! its just not stopping in Sydney ! just this week thsere have been 3 more DA proposals for the 10-20 storey height range in the CBD!</td></tr>
</table>

Yeah, I stopped by briefly at the model today and saw two guys looking at it - there was Louie (or so his name-tag said), and a guy with a beard and a heavy accent.

When you say he's remodelling Cul, does that mean a different design?</td></tr>
</table>
not sure? it was enough to build a whole new model! Louie is mt colleague and the other guy was a large german model maker! lol he is really good, does alot of stadiums and Cox architects designs.
Old May 13th, 2003, 04:18 AM   #9
CULWULLA

well the model will come in this week and the developer indicated its starting within next few months!!!
So yet another scraper for Sydneys southern sector! this area will be a sea of cranes this time next year with approx a dozen highrise transforming the skline along with over 15 cranes!!
ill post a pic of amended design asafp
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:27 AM   #10
Fabian

What changes shall we expect from this design?

I might actually get a picture on Friday afternoon if I venture into town.

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:40 AM   #11
CULWULLA

<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by Fabian </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>What changes shall we expect from this design?

I might actually get a picture on Friday afternoon if I venture into town.</td></tr>
</table>
no idea! a section 96 is to be lodged so its a minor change.
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:29 AM   #12
CULWULLA

well new model is in. sorry about being blurry. buts a real stunner now. new top and taller now at 78m. the facade treatment is very nice with a nice upper class look about it!

Old May 21st, 2003, 04:50 AM   #13
climbing_crane

Likes (Received):

I'll take it. What's it going to be called.
Old May 21st, 2003, 06:43 AM   #14
finn

Nice!

I'm usually not huge on these sorta post-modern designs, but with the adjoining heritage building on the corner of Pitt and Liverpool, plus of course the courts next door and the small overall scale of the new tower, I think it is appropriate. In fact, it is a very good small-urban-site filler in terms of massing and general allocation of useages.

I am a big thumbs up for the facade facing the forecourt to the Central Court (because its covered with windows and balconies instead of blank wall!!), and also the way that the retail tenancies in the bottom of the tower will spill out onto the space (i.e. outdoor cafe).

Hopefully this one will go ahead!
Old May 21st, 2003, 08:24 AM   #15
Fabian

Very New Yorkish design. I like the step-ups. A spire at the top would make it more impressive.

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Old May 21st, 2003, 08:31 AM   #16
CULWULLA

yeah this ones a goer finn! the developer updated model because there starting within 2 months!!
fabian, the spire became a waste of money so they decided to put the funds to an improved LMR structure. I like this look better!!
Old May 22nd, 2003, 01:37 AM   #17
Bulwara

Likes (Received):

This is great news. I like the design

This will certainly add to the surge of mid-town residents over the next few years. And finally, we get rid of that skanky home-boy pool hall presently on the site.
Old June 10th, 2003, 07:11 AM   #18
CULWULLA

well, went into the 2nd hand book shop today which takes up the street level of existing 114 liverpool st site. it had a closing down sign at front. i asked when are you closing down? the shop owner said "tommorrow"!
so it looks like its happening pretty quickly on this baby!
Old June 10th, 2003, 10:44 PM   #19
Fabian

I never knew they had a second hand bookstore there. I could of checked this out if it was still open next week.

Oh well, it time to begin constrution of this tower.

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Old July 11th, 2003, 12:02 PM   #20
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 17

<tr><td align=left valign=top>well, went into the 2nd hand book shop today which takes up the street level of existing 114 liverpool st site.
</td></tr>
</table>

Here is the existing 3 level building @ 114 Liverpool Street that will be demolished for the new tower:

Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote