daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Bosna i Hercegovina > Forum Bosne i Hercegovine > Sarajevo

Sarajevo Projects and constructions

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:42 AM   #1
MIMICA

Likes (Received): 0

SARAJEVO | Сарајево - Development News 2005-2010

APPROVED PROJECTS
  1. Renovation of Intersped Office Building
    This project is meant to improve the appearance of Intersped Office Headquarters located in the center of Sarajevoís Old Town. The current state of the building is old and needs to be changed.

2. Renovation of Stadium Kosevo
    This project is very important to the spirit of Sarajevo. One of Bosniaís largest football clubs are home to this stadium, and itís in need of serious upgrades. When this project is completed, the fans of Football Club Sarajevo will has a better football stadium.

3. Sirbegovic Construction Company Headquarter
    The construction company Sirbegovic is going to build a new mid-rise headquarters in Sarajevo. The design of this building is very original and will contribute well to the area. The construction project should begin sometime this year.

4. Reconstruction of Parliament
    This project is also very important to Bosnia as a whole. During the war, the Parliament was badly damaged and still hasnít been reconstructed because of lack of funds. There are no current renderings of what the building will look like when finished, but itís believed to be a full blue glass facade.

5. Corridor 5c
    Bosmal d.o.o. wants to open up civil engineering sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina through construction of highway on Corridor 5c. This "new deal" for BiH will bring us 330 km of the most modern highway in Europe.

6. Grand Media Hotel Convention Center
    The GMCC is has been planned to start construction in June of 2006. This skyscraper will be built in Marjin Dvor and will be 100 meters in height.

7. BBI Business Center
    Following the demolition of RB Sarajke, the BBI Business Center will start construction. 40 million Euros have been invested in this project. The building has an interesting design with curved angles and a full glass facade.

8. Merkur Sarajevo - Shopping Center Otoka
    This new project will take the place of the old ruined building currently used as a market. The modern design and great location will surely improve the physical appearance of this part of Sarajevo.

9. Office and residential Veleöići
    This modern complex consisting of both residential spaces and office space will begin construction shortly. This project is extremely large and will take quite some time to construct.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
  1. Apartment Complex Pofalici
    This modern project is a three building apartment complex being built by Vranica. It will offer high standard flats for low prices.

2. OKI Sport and Tourist Center Bjelasnica
    This beautiful project has begun construction in March. It's going to provide more tourism on the Bosnian mountains. It costs 20 million BHKM to build.

3. OKI Business Center Marjin Dvor
    The extremely modern business center building is located in the heart of Sarajevo. It will provide 9000 m2 of office space and an underground garage with a capacity of 180 cars. It costs 17.4 million BHKM to build.

4. Olympic Swimming Pool
    The Olympic swimming pool is located in a remote area of Sarajevo, near the downtown. It has a modern design and considered a world-class building. It will help the city when applying for Olympic bids.

5. Reconstruction of Vijecnica
    Vijecnica is one of Sarajevo's most important buildings. It's a historical library that was destroyed during the war, and has started reconstruction. There is still much work to be done on the building.

6. Cengic Vila
    The modern office and residential building had began construction in 2002 and should have been completed earlier if it werenít for the lack of funds it had. Finally it has been announced that itís coming close to completion.

7. Bosmal City Center
    The first condominium is being constructed in the Hrasno district of Sarajevo. The Center offers 306 residential units, with 8 penthouses and 298 apartments, organised in 14 types, with areas ranging from 80 to 220 sq. m. Reaching a height of 118 meters it's the tallest residential building in the Balkans. The value of the overall investment is 80 million Euros, being the biggest direct foreign greenfield investment in BiH.

8. Vrtovi Riverine
    This project is probably the first or second largest in former Yugoslavia. Itís being built in Sarajevoís suburb Ilidza.

9. Vokel Trade Center
    This modern trade center has begun construction in August. It has an interesting facade and should finish construction by the end of next year. Vranica is building the building.

10. Museum of Contemporary Art
    This project is going to hold many new modern art shows. The building itself has both an interesting location and design.

11. Federal Institution for Roads
    This project is totally rectangular and covered in glass facade. Even though it seems like an ordinary building, the interior is very well designed and interesting. The project should is coming close to completion.

12. Residential in New Sarajevo
    This residential has an extremely interesting design. The construction began on October of 2005.

13. Residential in Ilidza
    This project has colors and an interesting design. It has 4 levels and should be completed in about a year.

COMPLETED PROJECTS
  1. Aqua Center
    This project is meant for city duelers who enjoy swimming pools and waterslides. There is something for everyone. The wave pool has a gradual incline into the full depth of the pool making it look like an ocean. The inside is full of heated pools and restaurants. There are fun waterslides running around the whole park for people who enjoy high-speed slides. Overall, itís an excellent place to enjoy your weekend.

2. Avaz Business Center
    The newspaper company Avaz wasnít satisfied with their old office building so they built a new high-rise headquarters. The building has an extremely interesting design with a full blue glass facade. There is a rotating restaurant on the very top of the building for everyone to enjoy the beautiful view over Sarajevo. Vranica built this building.

3. Mercator Sarajevo
    This modern shopping mall has something for everyone. It has many stores selling the newest appliances and clothes being imported from all around the world. The underground garage and balcony with many restaurants makes the shopping experience even better.

4. Bosmal BCC Bridge
    The bridge was built so that more people could enter the Hrasno district. It offers both sides of the bridge to pedestrians and the middle for automobiles.

5. Elektroprivreda
    This building probably has the most original design in the whole city. The building is covered in a full blue glass facade. Itís located near the downtown.

6. Renovation of City Road from Otoka to Ilidza
    The road between two parts of Sarajevo has been reconstructed because it was a low quality road and was receiving a lot of traffic.

7. UNITIC (twin towers)
    These two twin high-rises symbolize the more modern part of Sarajevo. Even though it has an ordinary outer appearance, the inside is very modern and luxurious. Both high-rises are 92 meters tall and are located in the center of the downtown.

8. FOND
    This project has a simple design and is located in New Sarajevo. It was reconstructed after being destroyed in the war.

9. USAID Office Center
    This project also was totally destroyed in the war. The design is simple yet elegant. Itís located in New Sarajevo.

10. Clinic Center
    This hospital is very important to the city. It has modern tools and is always clean. The project was reconstructed after being badly damaged in the war.

11. Lake Office Building
    This office and residential building has a very curved design. The project began construction in 2004 completed in 2005. Vranica construction company built this building.

Last edited by MIMICA; December 23rd, 2005 at 11:18 PM.
MIMICA no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old November 1st, 2005, 06:44 AM   #2
MIMICA

I'll try to update this thread as often as I can.
I'd like to ask a few favors...
-Please donít start any political arguments
-Feel free to ask questions and leave comments
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:48 AM   #3
lakerdar123
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

nice info. i like the format. easy to read. it's like FR's format in Tirana thread.
lakerdar123 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:48 AM   #4
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerdar123
nice info. i like the format. easy to read. it's like FR's format in Tirana thread.
Thanks.
I really have to thank Football Rules for the format, since I copied it from him.
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:50 AM   #5
MIMICA

I just realized I forgot to add the reconstruction of the Parliament high rise and Riverina. I'll fix the mistake now...

EDIT: Ok, problem solved.

I'd just like to remind people that the first post will look much better and professional after I make the banners. I'm trying to make a banner, but I'm not that good at it. Can someone who is good at it help me, please?

Last edited by MIMICA; November 1st, 2005 at 07:08 AM.
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:20 AM   #6
MIMICA

I'm about half done making the images into thumbnails so people with slower modems could open the thread faster.

EDIT: Ok, now I'm completely done converting them to thumbnails.

Last edited by MIMICA; November 1st, 2005 at 08:32 AM.
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:46 AM   #7
Subangite

The reconstruction of the Parliament high rise, whats the status of it? still bullet ridden and broken windows?
Subangite no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 12:20 AM   #8
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subangite
The reconstruction of the Parliament high rise, whats the status of it? still bullet ridden and broken windows?
The Parliament building had been delt with a little. For example, the broken windows and cracking facade was all taken off (for public safety reasons). So, now it's just the building (no facade, glass, paint...NOTHING).
I need to find the article, but I believe the Greek government signed a document saying they would donate money needed to renovate the building.
The building itself is one of the most obvious buildings to see affected by the war. Most "larger" buildings are renovated and look nice.
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 12:22 AM   #9
MIMICA

I'm still looking for someone who is skilled with PhotoShop or some other programs to help me make the banner for this thread...
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 02:25 AM   #10
Football Rules
BANNED

Ecxellent thread Mimica.
I like Avaz Business Center, Volek Trade Center and Mercator are pretty cool as well.
Can you give some info on corridor 5c?
Football Rules no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:25 AM   #11
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Rules
Ecxellent thread Mimica.
I like Avaz Business Center, Volek Trade Center and Mercator are pretty cool as well.
Can you give some info on corridor 5c?
Thanks. This thread wouldn't exist if it weren't for your Tirana thread giving me the idea.

I have no new information on Corridor 5c. Sorry.

On the good note, here are some pictures of the Cengic Vila project. As you can see in the pictures, it's almost done.

MIMICA no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:22 AM   #12
LordMarshall
Evil is a Point of View

Location: Banja Luka - San Francisco - Washington DC - Taipei - Damascus - Amman - Jakarta - Seoul
Likes (Received): 824

Great work Mimica.

For info on 5C please visit these sites:

www.mkt.gov.ba

www.mkt.gov.ba/infeco

ďThe Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principlesĒ - Mahatma Gandhi

LordMarshall no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:29 AM   #13
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMarshall
Great work Mimica.

www.mkt.gov.ba

www.mkt.gov.ba/infeco
Thanks man. I hope you join in and post some articles and projects...I don't want do it myself.
BTW, those two links are possibly the best sources for Corridor 5c.
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:35 AM   #14
Subangite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMarshall
Great work Mimica.

www.mkt.gov.ba

www.mkt.gov.ba/infeco
Nice reading about the corridor 5C project.

Interesting to note that there are Hrvatski and Bosanski language tabs, I can't seem to find any difference between the 2. What are the differences?
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:43 AM   #15
LordMarshall
Evil is a Point of View

Location: Banja Luka - San Francisco - Washington DC - Taipei - Damascus - Amman - Jakarta - Seoul
Likes (Received): 824

there are no large diffrences maybe 20% of the words are diffrent. But BiH State has three official languages Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian. And english is the unofficial language.

ďThe Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principlesĒ - Mahatma Gandhi

LordMarshall no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:52 AM   #16
SkylineTurbo
|| PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ||

Likes (Received): 5

Excellent work Timur
SkylineTurbo no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:58 AM   #17
Subangite

yup excellent work. Bravo! Odlicno
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:14 AM   #18
bloodsaric
BANNED

I did find some info on the parliment building but fogured it was old and lost it, even though it said october 28, 2005, but w/e...I'll look for more projects and post them up, you mimca can edit em and make them in to thumbnails.
bloodsaric no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:36 AM   #19
Alien x

Likes (Received): 1277

Great work Mimica.
But some of you thumbnails are not correct like:
Under construction projects-
3. Olympic Swimming Pool- but the picture is of the BBI project
and
Completed projects-
6. Renovation of City Road from Otoka to Ilidza-but the picture is of Josanica ĖPodlugovi highway

Otherwise you are doing a great job.
Alien x no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:48 AM   #20
MIMICA

^ Thanks, I'll fix the problems later.
MIMICA no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
sarajevo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: