daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Thai Forum > New Highrise developments

New Highrise developments Come see whats on the rise in this capital

Old August 30th, 2004, 03:08 AM   #1
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 1330

Supalai Casa Riva, 27+27+30+30 : Riverside

Growth robust but demand changing

Small families, energy costs spur condo sales

NINA SUEBSUKCHAROEN

The property market is expected to register healthy growth of 20-30% this year, but there is a shift in demand with more people seeking condominiums in good locations rather than single houses, says Supalai Plc president Prateep Tangmatitham.

Property sales in Bangkok and its neighbouring provinces will likely top 60,000 units this year, up 50% from around 40,000 units last year, he said.

A large number of people now prefer buying condominium units in good central Bangkok locations because of factors including higher oil prices that raise their transport costs, the fact that family units are getting smaller, and the difficulty of finding reliable maids, Mr Prateep said.

Prices of condo units should rise higher next year by at least 10%, he said. This projection comes in the face of already very high prices with developers charging anything from 50,000 to 100,000 baht a square metre depending on location.

According to Mr Prateep, the cost of developing property can be divided into two parts: land and construction. The latter can again be divided into two parts: labour and construction material costs. While wages rise annually, this is not substantial with the main difference being the cost of building materials and transport, which go up with higher oil prices.

Even though prices of condominiums are 20-50% higher than during the economic crisis, depending on location, buyers are benefiting from better quality materials and better finishing, Mr Prateep said.

Those who booked condo units in the first half of this year would benefit from the rising prices if they bought it at around 50,000 baht a square metre. However, realising a profit from units purchased at 80,000 baht a square metre would be difficult, he said.

Despite this rosy outlook, Mr Prateep warns that a bubble looms two years from now. However, prices are unlikely to crash because they are still quite low compared to other major Asian cities. Prices in Hong Kong and Singapore are seven to eight times higher than in Thailand while te difference in Shanghai and Beijing is four to five times, despite the fact that the norm in Shanghai is a 70-year leasehold and not freehold as is common in Thailand.

``I don't think there will be a crash again because people have learned a lesson from the past and everyone will try to avoid a crash,'' said Mr Prateep. ``There will be a cycle, there will be a recession from time to time, but I don't expect a crash.''

Property developers such as Supalai do not need the government's help and only hope that officials do not create new problems and obstructions as a result of policy decisions. ``Well, if government offices try to do everything fast, that's good enough. Everything flows as it should, that's the best we can ask,'' he said.

Mr Prateep's advice to homebuyers is to first define their needs. Do they want to buy a place to live in or use as an office because even though operating a business from a residential condominium is prohibited, a lot of people do so.

The next point is how big the unit should be, the preferred location and budget available. After that one should work out one's interests. If they tend toward sports, see if the building has good facilities that meet those requirements.

Most important is to determine whether the developer is professional by assessing the firm's previous developments, bearing in mind that the number of local companies with a strong background is actually quite small.

Supalai is gearing up to launch another big condominium development on the east bank of the Chao Phraya River in the Charoen Krung area. Supalai Casa Riva will consist of four towers on 14 rai of land, two 27 storeys high and the other two 30 stories. As the site is on a bend in the river, unit owners are assured of great views, with all the bridges crossing over to the Thon Buri side visible from the higher floors.

As Supalai was able to acquire the land at a relatively low price of around 70,000 baht a square wah, it is able to price the units at 50,000 to 60,000 baht a square metre, but the quality will be equivalent to those developments charging 70,000 to 80,000 baht, the company says. Preliminary sales will start in October with the grand opening due in November.

Supalai is also planning a single detached housing project on the east side of Phuket, where it has acquired a 60-rai plot. Each house, to be priced at 18 million to 20 million baht, will have four bedrooms and a private swimming pool with interior decoration, air-conditioning, water heaters and landscaping also part of the package.

Mr Prateep, who is an architect, said the service life of a building is around 100 years to go by timber buildings of years gone by. Reinforced concrete, a far sturdier material, should last just as long.

While the structure might last a long time, whether the finishing will do so depends on the quality. Paint only lasts five to 10 years while heavy-duty ceramic tiles could last up to a hundred years depending on use. Mr Prateep aptly compared a building to a car: the bodies of some old cars are still around in museums but engines have to be changed every 10 years or so depending on use.

Source : Bangkokpost : Aug 30, 2004

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 30th, 2004, 03:40 AM   #2
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

ศุภาลัย เตรียมเปิดตัวคอนโดหรูริมฝั่งแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยา

ศุภาลัย เตรียมเปิดตัวคอนโดหรูบนทำเลสวยที่สุดริมฝั่งแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยา

ศุภาลัย รุกพัฒนาตลาดคอนโดมิเนียมต่อ หลังประสบความสำเร็จอย่างงดงามจากการเปิดตัว 2 โครงการ เมื่อช่วงกลางปีที่ผ่านมา คือ ศุภาลัยพรีเมียร์ เพลส อโศก และศุภาลัย โอเรียนทัลเพลส สาทร-สวนพลู ล่าสุดได้ที่ดินผืนงามบนโค้งน้ำสวยริมแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยาบริเวณถนนเจริญกรุง เตรียมผุดคอนโดหรูในรูปแบบบ้านพักตากอากาศริมแม่น้ำใจกลางเมือง เพื่อรองรับความต้องการของที่อยู่อาศัยริมน้ำที่มีให้เลือกได้ไม่กี่แห่ง

นายประทีป ตั้งมติธรรม ประธานกรรมการบริหาร บริษัท ศุภาลัย จำกัด ( มหาชน ) เปิดเผยว่า ขณะนี้บริษัทฯ ได้ที่ดินขนาดใหญ่ 14 ไร่ 2 งา 11.9 ตร.ว. ติดริมแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยาที่เรียกได้ว่าสวยที่สุดแห่งหนึ่งและจะพัฒนาเป็นที่อยู่อาศัยแบบครบวงจร โดยเตรียมที่จะเปิดโครงการใหม่เป็นคอนโดมิเนียมระดับหรู ซึ่งภายในโครงการจะประกอบไปด้วยอาคารสูง 4 อาคาร มีมูลค่าโครงการรวมประมาณ 4,500 ล้านบาท ประกอบด้วยอาคารสูง 25 ชั้น 2 อาคาร จะเป็นห้องชุดพักอาศัยแบบ 1-2 ห้องนอน ขนาด 45-100 ตร.ม. และอาคารสูง 30 ชั้น 2 อาคาร จะเป็นห้องชุดพักอาศัยแบบ 2-4 ห้องนอน ขนาด 100-500 ตร.ม.รวม 800 กว่าหน่วยมีอาคาร Sport Club ที่มีสระว่ายน้ำขนาดใหญ่และกีฬาประเภทต่าง ๆ ตลาดจนร้านค้า และบริการต่าง ๆ อย่างครบครันอีก 1 อาคาร รวมพื้นที่ก่อสร้างทั้งสิ้น 140,000 ตร.ม. โดยจะมีอัตราส่วนพื้นที่ก่อสร้างต่อพื้นที่ดินหรือ F.A.R. (FLOOR AREA RATIO) เพียงประมาณ 6 เท่า เท่านั้นจะเห็นได้ว่ามีความหนาแน่นต่อพื้นที่ค่อนข้างต่ำ และปล่อยให้เป็นพื้นที่โล่ง ว่างสำหรับปลูกต้นไม้ และเป็นพื้นที่สวนสำหรับพักผ่อนริมน้ำขนาดใหญ่ถึงประมาณ 9 ไร่เศษ หรือประมาณร้อยละ 65 ของพื้นดินทั้งหมด สร้างความรู้สึกโปร่ง โล่ง สบายไม่แออัด

ในส่วนของรูปแบบจะเป็นอาคารพักอาศัยแบบ HIGH RISE เพื่อให้ได้ประโยชน์จากความสูงโดยมีวิวดี ลมดี แต่ไม่ม่ยุง ฯลฯ โดยออกแบบให้มีบรรยากาศแบบคอนโดมิเนียมตากอากาศในแบบ Modern Mediterranean Style ที่มีลักษณะโล่งโปร่ง เพื่อเปิดรับลมเย็นจากแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยาที่โอบรอบ ช่วยให้ห้องเย็นสบายโดยไม่จำเป็นต้องใช้เครื่องปรับอากาศ และทุกยูนิตจะสามารถมองเห็นวิวแม่น้ำเจ้าพระขาได้ทุกทิศในมุมมองหลายระดับที่แตกต่างกันไป เนื่องจากพื้นที่สะพานกรุงเทพ 2 สะพาน, สะพานถนนจันทร์ตัดใหม่, สะพานข้ามดาวคะนอง และสะพานสาธร นอกจากนี้ยังสามารถมองเห็นวิวพื้นที่สีเขียวบริเวณบางกระเจ้าที่เป็นปอดใหญ่ของกรุงเทพมหานครอีกด้วย พร้อมกันนี้บริเวณดังกล่าวยังแวดล้อมด้วยสิ่งอำนวยความสะดวก อาทิ โรงเรียนนานาชาติ SHEWSBERRY, สนามไดร์ฟกอล์ฟ The River Club, ภัตตาคารริมน้ำ, โรงแรม, โรงพยาบาล และธนาคารต่าง ๆ พร้อมการเดินทางที่สะดวกด้วยเส้นทางคมนาคมเพียง 4 กม. จากบางรัก-สาธร

นายประทีป กล่าวเพิ่มเติมว่า ขณะนี้โครงการอยู่ระหว่างขั้นตอนการออกแบบรายละเอียด แต่มีผู้สนใจรอจองอยู่เป็นจำนวนหนึ่งแล้ว โดยมีการกำหนดเปิดขายประมาณเดือนกันยายน ศกนี้ คาดว่าจะอยู่ที่ราคาประมาณ 50,000-60,000 บาท/ตร.ม. ซึ่งจะได้คุณภาพเทียบกับโครงการอื่น ๆ ที่ขายในราคา 70,000-80,000 บาท/ตร.ม. ทั้งนี้เนื่องจากบริษัทฯ ซื้อที่ดินได้ในราคาเพียงไม่เกิน 80,000 บาท/ตร.ว. จึงสามารถผลิตสินค้าคุณภาพดีเยี่ยมที่คุ้มค่ากว่าได้โดยบริษัทฯ ได้ศึกษาและพัฒนารูปแบบอย่างต่อเนื่องให้ตรงตามความต้องการของผู้บริโภคให้มากที่สุด ซึ่งคาดว่าจะประสบความสำเร็จและได้รับการตอบรับเป็นอย่างดีเหมือนคอนโดมิเนียมของศุภาลัยทุกโครงการที่ผ่านมา

สนใจสอบถามรายละเอียดได้ที่โทร. 0-258-9494 ต่อ 109, 119

Source : www.supalai.com

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

Old August 30th, 2004, 07:30 AM   #3
BKKinTO
More than you know

Likes (Received): 0

4 more highrise bldgs adding in the skyline
BKKinTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #4
cHemon

Likes (Received): 13

any rendering?
cHemon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:52 AM   #5
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Still havent found one...anybody?

Old August 31st, 2004, 04:39 AM   #6
Zimoune
Zimoune

Likes (Received): 3

nope sorry, but Supalai never surprise with its design... Exept the "wonderfull" wave on its new project on Asoke.
Zimoune no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2004, 07:44 PM   #7
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

"กลุ่มศุภาลัย"ปักธงริมเจ้าพระยา "CASA RIVA"คอนโดแนวใหม่

"ศุภาลัย" ทุ่ม 4.5 พันล้านปักธงโครงการใหญ่สุดทิ้งทวนปีลิง ขนาด 1.4 แสนตารางเมตร 800 ยูนิต CASA RIVA คอนโดมิเนียมดีไซน์ใหม่ริมแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยาเตรียมแกรนด์โอเพ่นนิ่งเดือนพฤศจิกายนนี้ ชูพื้นที่โล่งในสัดส่วนเอฟ.เอ.อาร์. 6 เท่าสร้างปอดให้ลูกค้าถึง 9 ไร่ จากเนื้อที่ 14 ไร่ ไม่หวั่นสตาร์ตตัวช้าเพราะชัวร์กว่าคู่แข่งมือใหม่ ชี้ธุรกิจเรียลเอสเตตเข้าสู่ยุคมืออาชีพแล้ว

นางอัจฉรา ตั้งมติธรรม รองประธานกรรมการ บริษัท ศุลาภัย จำกัด (มหาชน) เปิดเผย "ประชาชาติธุรกิจ" ว่า ในเดือนพฤศจิกายนปีนี้ศุภาลัยจะเปิดตัวโครงการใหม่ล่าสุดคอนโดมิเนียมริมแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยาชื่อว่า CASA RIVA ตั้งอยู่บนถนนเจริญกรุง เชิงสะพานกรุงเทพ ตามคอนเซ็ปต์บริษัทจะพัฒนาเป็นที่อยู่อาศัยแบบครบวงจร เป็นอาคารสูงแบบ high rise ทั้งหมด 4 อาคาร มูลค่าการลงทุนประมาณ 4,500 ล้านบาท

"มีหลายชื่อที่เราดูแต่มาปิ๊งกับคำว่า CASA RIVA ซึ่งมาจากคำว่า river หมายถึง แม่น้ำ เราเอาคำมาสนธิกันเป็นภาษาอิตาลี ที่สำคัญเราอยากให้ลูกค้าจำชื่อโครงการได้ง่าย และชื่อก็มีความหมาย" นางอัจฉรากล่าวและขยายความว่า

แต่เดิมบริษัทซื้อที่ดินไว้เพียง 5 ไร่เท่านั้น คิดไปคิดมาทางผู้บริหารอยากปักธงให้ที่นี่เป็นสัญลักษณ์เด่นของศุภาลัย จึงเจรจาซื้อที่ดินเพิ่มจากเจ้าของโดยตรงเป็นแปลงใหญ่ขนาด 14 ไร่เศษ อยู่ติดริมแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยา เรียกได้ว่าเป็นทำเลโค้งน้ำที่สวยที่สุดแห่งหนึ่งของกรุงเทพฯ สามารถเห็นวิวสะพานต่างๆ ได้ถึง 7 สะพาน

"ต้นทุนที่ดินที่เราซื้อมาก็ถือว่าเป็นราคาที่สมเหตุสมผล คือ ตารางวาละไม่เกิน 80,000 บาท ทำให้เราสามารถพัฒนาโครงการและขายต่อตารางเมตรได้ในราคาที่ไม่สูงเกินไป ตกตารางเมตรละ 50,000-60,000 บาท เฉลี่ยยูนิตละ 2 ล้านบาทขึ้นไป ขณะนี้ได้เปิดขายอย่างไม่เป็นทางการตั้งแต่เดือนกันยายนที่ผ่านมา ซึ่งมียอดขายเข้ามาบ้างแล้ว"

CASA RIVA จะมีอาคารสูงขนาด 25 ชั้น 2 อาคาร เป็นห้องชุดแบบ 1-2 ห้องนอน พื้นที่ใช้สอย 45-100 ตารางเมตร และอาคารสูง 30 ชั้น 2 อาคาร เป็นห้องพักอาศัยแบบ 100-500 ตารางเมตร ทั้งโครงการมี 800 ยูนิต และอาคารสปอร์ตคลับ ซึ่งมีสระว่ายน้ำขนาดใหญ่และเป็นศูนย์รวมกีฬา ภายในจะมีร้านค้าและบริการต่างๆ ครบวงจร รวมพื้นที่ก่อสร้าง 1.4 แสนตารางเมตร ภายใต้อัตราส่วนพื้นที่ก่อสร้างต่อพื้นที่ดิน (F.A.R. : floor area ratio) ประมาณ 6 เท่า ความหนาแน่นของพื้นที่จึงค่อนข้างต่ำ โดยมีพื้นที่โล่งในสัดส่วนที่มากกว่าเพื่อปลูกต้นไม้และพื้นที่สวนสำหรับพักผ่อนริมน้ำประมาณ 9 ไร่เศษ หรือร้อยละ 65 ของเนื้อที่ทั้งหมด

"การออกแบบทั้งหมดต้องให้เครดิตกับคุณประทีป (ตั้งมติธรรม) ที่นั่งคิดนอนคิดตลอดว่าจะดีไซน์โครงการยังไงให้ทุกห้องเห็นวิวแม่น้ำหมด เราปรับจนเห็นวิวหมดทุกตึก วัสดุจะหรูหรากว่าศุภาลัย ปาร์ค (พหลโยธิน) ตึกเป็นรูปวงรี 2 ตึก คอนโดฯเราจะมีลู่วิ่ง ตอนแรกคิดว่าจะทำเซอร์วิสอพาร์ตเมนต์ แต่พอเห็นยอดจองเราเลยคิดว่าทำเป็นคอนโดฯดีกว่า คาดว่าจะก่อสร้างเสร็จและเริ่มเข้าอยู่ได้ในปี 2550 ส่วนโครงการที่สาทร และสวนพลู จะเริ่มเข้าอยู่ได้ช่วงปลายปี 2548" นางอัจฉรากล่าวและว่า

แนวออกแบบเน้นเป็นคอนโดมิเนียมตากอากาศแบบ modern mediterranean style ลักษณะโปร่งโล่ง สามารถรับลมเย็นจากแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยาที่โอบล้อม ช่วยให้ห้องชุดแต่ละห้องเย็นสบาย ผู้อยู่อาศัยไม่จำเป็นต้องใช้เครื่องปรับอากาศ

"มีคนถามกันมามากเหมือนกันว่า เราคิดจะทำคอนโดฯริมเจ้าพระยามานานแล้ว แต่ทำไมเปิดตัวช้าจนโครงการอื่นที่มาทีหลังเปิดตัวไปหมดแล้ว เรื่องนี้ศุภาลัยไม่กังวลเพราะบริษัทพัฒนาอย่างค่อยเป็นค่อยไป เรายังมีอีกหลายโครงการที่ทำอยู่ ไม่ใช่โครงการนี้โครงการเดียว อีกอย่างศุภาลัยเป็นมืออาชีพด้านตึกสูง เปิดตัวช้าหรือเร็วแทบไม่มีความหมายเพราะบริษัทมีฐานลูกค้าเก่าที่แนะนำลูกค้าใหม่อย่างต่อเนื่อง"

กับความเห็นที่ผู้ประกอบการรายใหม่โหมเข้าสู่ธุรกิจเรียลเอสเตตและมุ่งพัฒนาแต่คอนโดมิเนียมนั้น นางอัจฉรากล่าวว่า การทำธุรกิจพัฒนาที่ดินดูเหมือนง่าย อาจจะเข้าง่ายออกยากก็เป็นได้ เพราะพื้นฐานของธุรกิจนี้คือการบริหารต้นทุนและต้องมีสภาพคล่องที่สามารถนำพาบริษัทให้อยู่รอดได้โดยไม่จำเป็นต้องใช้เงินกู้มากมายเหมือนในอดีต

"ใครคิดทำห้องชุดขายต้องมีประสบการณ์พอสมควรและคิดต้นทุนให้เป็น มิเช่นนั้นอาจมีปัญหาตามมา" นางอัจฉรากล่าว

Source : Prachachart/Matichon : Oct 13, 2004

Old October 17th, 2004, 07:52 AM   #8
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 121

I have a feeling that it will be great

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2004, 09:54 AM   #9
Zimoune
Zimoune

hope it will not become the SV city of that property cycle...
Old October 17th, 2004, 05:11 PM   #10
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Hope so aswell, to all others projects in town.

Old October 30th, 2004, 03:59 PM   #11
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Rendering :

Old October 30th, 2004, 04:00 PM   #12
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Site Plan :

Old October 30th, 2004, 04:00 PM   #13
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Map :

Old October 31st, 2004, 11:02 AM   #14
Zimoune
Zimoune

I am happily surprised by the design, and the magnific view that most of units will have... Thks for the info
Old October 31st, 2004, 12:51 PM   #15
kiku99
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰国

Likes (Received): 6

The design looks pretty good
'แต่เดิมบริษัทซื้อที่ดินไว้เพียง 5 ไร่เท่านั้น คิดไปคิดมาทางผู้บริหารอยากปักธงให้ที่นี่เป็นสัญลักษณ์เด่นของศุภาลัย จึงเจรจาซื้อที่ดินเพิ่มจากเจ้าของโดยตรงเป็นแปลงใหญ่ขนาด 14 ไร่เศษ อยู่ติดริมแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยา เรียกได้ว่าเป็นทำเลโค้งน้ำที่สวยที่สุดแห่งหนึ่งของกรุงเทพฯ สามารถเห็นวิวสะพานต่างๆ ได้ถึง 7 สะพาน'
the view must be great.

Bangkok Skyline Links
Thai forum | Bangkok Skyscrapers Info | Amazing Thailand | Bangkok City
kiku99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2004, 04:09 PM   #16
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

I'm a bit quite dissappointed with the location, so remoted from the main skyline but atlease we will have something between Rama III skyline and the Main Riverfront one...

Old November 1st, 2004, 09:04 AM   #17
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Nov 1, 2004 :

Old November 6th, 2004, 11:32 AM   #18
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

"ศุภาลัย" เปิดคอนโดฯหรูริมน้ำ

นายอธิป พีชานนท์ กรรมการและรองกรรมการผู้จัดการ บริษัท ศุภาลัย จำกัด ( มหาชน ) เปิดเผยว่า ในวันที่ 9 พฤศจิกายนนี้ บริษัทจะเปิดตัวโครงการศุภาลัย คาซา ริวา คอนโดฯริมแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยาติดถนนเจริญกรุง ณ ห้องแกรนด์บอลรูม โรงแรมมณเฑียร ริเวอร์ไซด์ พร้อมเตรียมข้อเสนอพิเศษสุดเพียงในช่วง 180 นาทีแรกของงานเปิดตัว หรือ 99 ยูนิตแรก จะได้รับ 3 ข้อเสนอสุดพิเศษ แพ็กเกจทัวร์เอื้องหลวงของการบินไทย ที่นั่งชั้นธุรกิจ 2 ที่นั่งต่อยูนิต สัมผัสความงดงามของบรรยากาศแถบเมดิเตอร์ เรเนียน มูลค่า 1.15 แสนบาท และของแถมกว่า 10 รายการ เช่น ชุดครัว ตู้เสื้อผ้า built in เครื่องปรับอากาศแบบฝังในฝ้า ฯลฯ มูลค่ารวม 7.9 แสนบาท

ทั้งนี้ โครงการศุภาลัย คาซา ริวา เป็นคอนโดฯขนาด 1-3 ห้องนอน เริ่มต้นที่ 44-219 ตารางเมตร และห้องเพนต์เฮาส์แบบ duplex ขนาด 415-421 ตร.ม. ราคาเฉลี่ย 50,000-60,000 บาทต่อตารางเมตร มูลค่าโครงการกว่า 4,500 ล้านบาท ตัวโครงการสามารถเห็นวิวแม่น้ำได้มากกว่า 180 องศา เนื่องจากออกแบบผังอาคารให้มีระยะห่างที่พอเหมาะและสลับอาคารสูงต่ำ พร้อมตกแต่งภายในแบบ Mediterranean Style โดยมีพื้นที่เปิดโล่งในโครงการ (open space) จำนวน 8 ไร่เศษ จากพื้นที่โครงการประมาณ 14 ไร่

Source : Matichon/Prachachat : Nov 2, 2004

Old November 8th, 2004, 04:13 PM   #19
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

New Supalai condos sport river views

Developer taps middle market with units starting at Bt2 million

Itthi C Tan

At its launch tomorrow, Supalai Casa Riva condominium on the riverside by Charoenkrung Road, off Rama 3 Road, will offer special promotional packages to buyers.

The mega-project covering 14 rai is the latest undertaking by Supalai, a listed public company. The residential builder is selling the first two of four towers planned for the site.

Being offered is the 34-storey tower nearest the Chao Phya River, containing large units and penthouses.

The duplex penthouses range from 415 to 421 square metres and sell for about Bt25 million.

They contain four bedrooms, five bathrooms and fair-sized balconies of 1.2 metres wide.

The second tower open for booking is a 25-floor building that stands closer to the road.

It will house smaller units, including one-bedroom units starting from 44 square metres and selling for Bt2 million each. At about Bt50,000 a square metre, buyers will receive air-conditioners, kitchen and built-in furniture.

While the entire project is expected to be completed by mid-2007, the first towers will be finished sooner.

At the moment, visitors can tour the grounds and inspect mock-up units to get a feel of the area.

The location was until recently regarded as fairly obscure, being an older part of Bangkok. With the arrival of new roads such as Rama 3, traffic flow into the once much more congested and narrow Sathu-pradit-Rama 3 area has improved.

New supplies of condominiums in the area have so far been relatively limited. Even with a few projects going up nearby, it is nothing like the overbuilding on Sukhumvit Road.

Speculation in the more trendy zones of Sukhumvit have pushed up land prices, and many developers who bought at expensive levels are now forced to sell units at astronomical prices.

This is not yet the case on Rama 3, but Supalai as a veteran builder has long held the philosophy of tapping the middle-class market with reasonable prices. It is less sanguine than its swankier competition, which are largely responsible for the Sukhumvit “bubble”.

Because of its approach, Supalai is still operating in the current tough market while more aggressive players have hunkered down.

The launch of Casa Riva will take place at Montien Riverside Hotel on Rama 3 Road near the Rama 9 Bridge, which is not far from the actual site near Krungthep Bridge.

One of the main draws for the project is a cleaner environment. The air-pollution and traffic congestion on Sukhumvit through to Bang Na in the past few years have made it one of the most stressful and dirtiest places in the city.

Also, Rama 3 is cleaner. It has none of Skhumvit’s filthy garbage piles from night vendors that exploit the footpaths, catering to the sleazy nightlife market.

It also has little of the choked traffic caused by excessive number of buses

and industrial trucks plying Sukhumvit Road.

Because of the Chao Phya River and less built-up areas here, the living environment is certainly more desirable, even though it is not connected to the mass-transit BTS or subway.

Source : THE NATION : Nov 8, 2004

Old November 8th, 2004, 04:15 PM   #20
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Product Type: Riverfront condominium

Developer: Supalai Public Co Ltd

Total land area: 14 rai

Total number of units: 825

Total number of towers: Four

Size of units: From 44 to 421 square metres

Price of floor area: From Bt49,000 per square metre

Price of units: From Bt2 million to Bt25 million

Facilities: Swimming pool (1,300 metres long), gym, gardens

Maintenance fee: Bt30 a square metre

Sinking fund: Bt300 a square metre

Contact number: (02) 689 2772