search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Leeds Metro Area

Leeds Metro Area Leeds, Bradford and West Yorkshire

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2017, 03:48 PM   #861
Aaronj09
B*tch

Likes (Received): 4737

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I think it was a joke
As a metropolitan elite I take great pleasure in spitting on working class people. I hate the poor! :veryangry:

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2017, 04:10 PM   #862
sonic_boom

Likes (Received): 66

i agree, ******* proles!! if only hitler hadn't given eugenics such a bad name we could have bred them out of existance already......now wheres my copy of the guardian? i want to bask in my liberal beauty
sonic_boom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 04:51 PM   #863
Aaronj09
B*tch

Likes (Received): 4737

Time for a North Leeds republic I think.
Old April 21st, 2017, 11:02 PM   #864
this_city

Likes (Received): 735

Quote:
I think it was a joke
La Bottega Milanese were talking on Twitter a while back about how they'd have to pack up shop when they all get kicked out. won't someone please think about the coffee damn it!
this_city no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 09:24 AM   #865
Leeds No.1

Likes (Received): 1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockDwell View Post
The single currency was the final nail in the coffin for the failed project. Just look at what it's done to Southern European economies. They're forced to use a currency which is way too strong for their economies and the results are predictable. Spain, Italy and Greece has staggering youth employment rates in the region of 40-55%. Poverty rates in Greece around 45%, child poverty in Spain just topped 40%. Look at the size of the economies of Southern European countries - they've barely recovered since the 2007 crash.
Much like how the Pound is dragged up by The City and is far too strong for most of the North & South West of England/Scotland/Wales/NI.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 09:44 PM   #866
JBD1350

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
I suppose there are two factors for Burberry to consider. The most pressing is for them to get some clarity over the future and I believe many bigger companies are looking for the same clarity.

The other factor is how Burberry will use the vast site they've bought in Holbeck. We know the factory is going to be a new build so what will they do with the old Temple Mill itself? And what might be built in any land remaining?

Burberry have obviously been considering this since they bought the site but it's still going to be a massive investment for them. So I'm not surprised they are being so cautious,

I was talking to a senior manager at theCastleford factory and he says Leeds factory still planned to go ahead subject to timing and Brexit negotiations

aviator, Carl Shutt, Damo liked this post
JBD1350 no está en línea   Reply With Quote