daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Victoria

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #81
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3093

The one I don't have confidence in is CUB ? If it lapses and waits for the next boom it may be even better ? Haaa I probably wont see it but seeing I have seen everything since the ICI can't complain I guess ?

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #82
AshMelb
AshMelb

Likes (Received): 7

Need to add:

Queensbridge Tower 276m Approved

The Falls 230m Approved

AshMelb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #83
AshMelb
AshMelb

You need to add:

Queensbridge Tower Southbank 276m Approved

The Falls 230m Approved

Old September 10th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #84
AshMelb
AshMelb

Argh! Oh how I hate using the iPhone app. Sorry guys please have mercy
Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:15 AM   #85
PaPa Riddlz
Registered Alcoholic

Likes (Received): 4083

Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa Riddlz View Post
Last one for the year, added in a few buildings where the height in meters isn't known yet

Also the last time we'll see Prima and Abode318 on this list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Dawn
Communism and Capitalism are tools/weapons of the Illuminati.

DerekM liked this post

Last edited by PaPa Riddlz; December 2nd, 2014 at 09:08 AM.
PaPa Riddlz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:29 AM   #86
BrisColtrane

Likes (Received): 44

If you want a quick representation, tilt your head sideways and interpret the list of proposals as a skyline...
BrisColtrane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:00 AM   #87
PaPa Riddlz
Registered Alcoholic

How does that work?

Quote:
Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:54 AM   #88
redbaron_012

...................................sorry to interupt...but this is a pivotal time in History...

Now, 2nd December 2014....

Who will develop Melbourne...

???? I hear there will be a quilt weave next week...maybe a macramé class...a four story walk up will be a surge...yep, Labor will reveille in the cranes and skyscrapers approved before the world went dark...but that was the prequel...
Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:49 PM   #89
Papps

Likes (Received): 539

C'mon Red, get with it!

Great Work PapaRiddlz, I never had the chance to commend you on the amount
of effort that you put into your tabulation, it really is excellent.

As for dropping off numbers 12 and 31 on the list, I don't think we'll miss what we can now see out of our windows etc. Abode and Prima are up there for all to see now! Plus, all going well, our new government might see it worthwhile adding to the list sooner than later!

PaPa Riddlz, redbaron_012 liked this post
Papps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:37 PM   #90
MelboyPete
Proud Melbournian

Likes (Received): 195

Imagine if all those proposals/UC were completed in the next five years, Melbourne would be unrecognisable, in a good way.
MelboyPete no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:01 AM   #91
Papps

Likes (Received): 539

Well, Robert Doyle announced on the Neil Mitchell radio program this morning that he can see a time coming soon when there won't be anymore apartment towers built in central Melbourne.....

I remember a time when, in the early 1980's, and Melbourne's population had stagnated, and huge numbers were moving to Queensland, the newspapers proclaimed that Brisbane would soon overtake Melbourne as Australia's second most populous city. Furthermore! The newspapers claimed that Nauru House and Collins Place would be the last tall buildings ever built in Melbourne, further depressing the psyche of the local populace.... we were doomed!

Just take a look at where we are now, and yes, MelboyPete, where we could be in another 5 years time. Never listen to the naysayers, they can and will be proven wrong!

geoking66 liked this post

Last edited by Papps; December 3rd, 2014 at 10:15 PM.
Papps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:51 AM   #92
Matt777

Likes (Received): 414

I agree!

And now we were saying that Melbourne would become the biggest city in 50 years. How times have changed since the 80's... saying that, if they have changed so fast, they can change again. So no time to get complacent!
Matt777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:11 AM   #93
PaPa Riddlz
Registered Alcoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papps View Post
Well, Robert Doyle announced on the Neil Mitchell radio program this morning that he can see a time coming soon when there won't be anymore apartment towers built in central Melbourne.....
Then we just build some office towers for a few years.

Soon enough, we'll be back to apartment towers.

Quote:
Old December 3rd, 2014, 01:11 PM   #94
redbaron_012

I'm just waiting to see new Government response to City development ? They will either bunker down and live under the aura and cranes of previous approvals or make their stamp by approving a taller tower...not holding my breath...
Old December 3rd, 2014, 01:17 PM   #95
Matt777

Likes (Received): 414

They could take it 1 of two ways: 1, that they may take the bad press and anti-tower sentiment that is emerging in Melbourne and see it as some sort of mandate to 'stop the towers'. or 2, take the same sentiments and improve and legislate quality/design standards and planning to show the public that towers are your friend.
Matt777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 01:22 PM   #96
redbaron_012

I had a tower as a friend once but it intimidated me somethin' shockin'...
Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:34 PM   #97
MattGIA87
BANNED

Likes (Received): 242

Robert Doyle should not be seen, nor heard.
MattGIA87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #98
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

I can't imagine everything grinding to a halt, that is just ridiculous. The proposed and under construction towers will be going on for a couple of years and who knows, by then there might be another upswing. Even if things die down it will be good for the city as is what happened in Auckland - high-rise construction came to a halt but then developers focused on refurbishments and boutique style developments. The Auckland Council also did more ground work such as landscaping, street improvements etc. No matter what Melbourne will always improve and just get better and better.

Let's not forget, many people from Australia and globally want to live in Melbourne, that in itself will demand growth. For a city to stop and smell the roses is a necessity and cyclical.
Old December 4th, 2014, 02:51 AM   #99
NN01

Likes (Received): 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDNEY View Post
I can't imagine everything grinding to a halt, that is just ridiculous. The proposed and under construction towers will be going on for a couple of years and who knows, by then there might be another upswing. Even if things die down it will be good for the city as is what happened in Auckland - high-rise construction came to a halt but then developers focused on refurbishments and boutique style developments. The Auckland Council also did more ground work such as landscaping, street improvements etc. No matter what Melbourne will always improve and just get better and better.

Let's not forget, many people from Australia and globally want to live in Melbourne, that in itself will demand growth. For a city to stop and smell the roses is a necessity and cyclical.
Oh please SYDNEY. You would relish in the idea of Melbourne's skyscraper boom coming to a complete grinding halt if that meant it would open up the window for Sydney to reign supreme. I can't take your view seriously.
NN01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 03:04 AM   #100
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN01 View Post
Oh please SYDNEY. You would relish in the idea of Melbourne's skyscraper boom coming to a complete grinding halt if that meant it would open up the window for Sydney to reign supreme. I can't take your view seriously.
Have you gone mad ? I am responding to Robert Doyle's comment that high-rise resi towers will come to an end - I in fact said that it is a ridiculous statement. Besides that I live in Melbourne, why would I want Sydney to reign supreme ... you need to learn to read mate but first and foremost take your tranquillisers

My username is SYDNEY because that is my CHRISTIAN name - HELLO !

Last edited by SYDNEY; December 4th, 2014 at 03:29 AM.