daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Cityscapes & Urban Development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 87 votes, 4.99 average.
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #1
mirzazeehan

Likes (Received): 269

Cox's Bazar Projects

I thought this was high time for Cox's Bazar to get a "projects thread" of its own.According to an estimate,there are about 23 "*****five star hotel projects" that are currently under-construction/proposed in Cox's Bazar.All of these are expected to be completed within the next 3-4 years changing the city's skyline forever.

Here is a list of *****5 STAR Hotel Projects in Cox's Bazar that are expected to be completed by 2014

1.Radisson
2.Marriot
3.Best Western Premier
4.The Cox Today
5.The Crown Pacific
6.The Cox Titanic
7.Seagull Hotel Tower
8.Green Delta Hotel
9.Hotel Golden Hill
10.Sea Pearl
11.RF World
12.RF White Sand
13.Ocean Green Hotel
14.Long Beach Hotel
15.De Royal Falcon
16.Hotel Blue Banshee 1
17.Hotel Blue Banshee 2
18.Hotel Sayeman
19.Japan Cox Hotel
20.Coral Reef Heritage
21.Coral Reef Plaza
22.AL-Riad International Hotel
23.Comfort Sea Star

Here are renders of some of those *****5 STAR Hotels

The Cox Today

The Crown Pacific

Hotel Coral Reef Heritage

The Cox Titanic

Hotel Blue Banshee 2

Ocean Green Hotel

Hotel Blue Banshee 1

De Royal Falcon

The Sea Hilton

Best Western Premier Hotel

RF White Sand Hotel and Mall

Comfort Sea Star

The Sea Pearl

Coral Reef Plaza

Hotel Sayeman

Long Beach Hotel

Hotel Golden Hill

Hope to see you in Cox's Bazars........after 4 years!
These days,I can finally go to sleep in peace.....for I know,that even when I am asleep,over 2 million workers are working on 15000 building projects including 750 skyscrapers so that I wake up to a new city every morning: Mirza from the changing city of Dhaka,Bangladesh
mirzazeehan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 25th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #2
samaruf
Shakil Maruf

Likes (Received): 266

Wow, all these fancy hotels and resorts going up in the beach town.

I haven't been to Cox's Bazar since making a trip back in 1988. Stayed at Hotel Saimon then. I probably won't recognize the place anymore
samaruf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #3
jason.kazi
Supermember

Likes (Received): 719

I haven't been out to Cox's Bazar since my toddler days. I would imagine about 15 of these would actually be successfully built.
jason.kazi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #4
jason.kazi
Supermember

Ocean Paradise Hotel (Opening quite soon)

Old August 26th, 2010, 05:18 AM   #5
tanzirian

Likes (Received): 243

Thanks Mirza...among those renders, Sea Pearl looks promising...the others seem a little cold and concrete-y. Of course renders are just renders...we'll see what the reality is like. Regardless, I think it's clear that Cox's Bazar is going to be far more built up by the end of this decade than it is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaruf View Post
I haven't been to Cox's Bazar since making a trip back in 1988. Stayed at Hotel Saimon then. I probably won't recognize the place anymore
I stayed at Saimon in 1982...pretty much of the only game in town at that time. By 1988 Shoibal was probably the best...which I first stayed at in 1989, and left a very favorable impression...though the quality declined the two subsequent times we stayed there.
tanzirian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #6
mirzazeehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzirian View Post
I stayed at Saimon in 1982...pretty much of the only game in town at that time. By 1988 Shoibal was probably the best...which I first stayed at in 1989, and left a very favorable impression...though the quality declined the two subsequent times we stayed there.

According to the website,Hotel Sayeman that is being built now is owned by the same guys who built that 'Saimon' you stayed in back in the 80s
These days,I can finally go to sleep in peace.....for I know,that even when I am asleep,over 2 million workers are working on 15000 building projects including 750 skyscrapers so that I wake up to a new city every morning: Mirza from the changing city of Dhaka,Bangladesh
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #7
beer51

Likes (Received): 16

Cox's Bazar green hotel takes off in 2012
Star Business Report

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=144277

The country's first eco-friendly five-star hotel will start operations in Cox's Bazar in early 2012.

Sea Pearl Beach and Spa, being built on seven acres at Inani, 20 kilometres away from Cox's Bazar, is based on the timesharing concept.

The timesharing model allows members of a hotel to swap or exchange time with another affiliated hotel or resort anywhere in the world depending on availability.

The cost of the Seal Pearl project has been estimated at Tk 143 crore, with Prime Bank raising Tk 85 crore in syndicated funds. Shamim Enterprise that owns Sea Pearl will finance the rest.

Aminul Haque, managing director of the hotel, said: "We have started a marketing campaign to get timesharing members."

The company says Sea Pearl will be the "real eco-friendly green resort" in the country, which will provide a pollution-free environment for visitors.

“Waste and water from the hotel will be recycled. And it will use solar power," said Md Atoar Hossain, vice president of Sea Pearl.

The hotel has been affiliated with Interval International, a timeshare exchange company, based in Miami. Interval has been providing value-added services to its clients worldwide for more than 30 years.

Members of Sea Pearl will be able to use the facilities of Interval International-affiliated 2,500 hotels in 75 countries.

“A membership contract will be valid for 20 years,” said Atoar. “A member will be given seven days to spend in any Interval International-affiliated resort every year.”

The access fee, which is $118 within Asia and $159 in the rest of the world, will be charged, he added. Also, members will have to pay $100 in maintenance fees.

Alwyn Dixon, director for sales of Sea Pearl, said the hotel would meet all the needs of holidaymakers -- both from home and abroad.

"The tourism and hospitality sector in Bangladesh has a huge growth prospect. It will grow exponentially, as a large segment of middle-class families will spend much more money in the next five years, " said Dixon.

On the timesharing idea, he said it would help get international tourists, particularly the members of Interval that has 45 lakh members across the globe.

A timeshare is a form of ownership or right to the use of a property, or the term used to describe such properties.

These properties are typically resort condominium units, in which multiple parties hold rights to use the property, and each sharer is allotted a period of time (typically one week, and almost always the same time every year) in which they may use the property.

It is also known as holiday ownership that is the art of sharing one's ownership in the resort with other people.

Sea Pearl consists of 200 rooms for residential accommodation, including 150 timeshare rooms and suites.

It will have the facilities such as spa, bar, barbecue, water sports, swimming pool, children amusement, restaurant, coffee shop, lobby, gymnasium, indoor-outdoor games, air-conditioned shuttle bus for pick-up and drop services and sightseeing.

The hotel will generate over 300 employments in different categories and most of them will be recruited locally.
beer51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #8
samaruf
Shakil Maruf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzazeehan View Post
According to the website,Hotel Sayeman that is being built now is owned by the same guys who built that 'Saimon' you stayed in back in the 80s
That's interesting. I'll have to ask my parents about this as the owners of Saimon in the 80's are family friends.

Do any of the current hotels have functioning websites where one can reserve rooms from overseas? I know e-commerce is still in its infancy in Bangladesh, but to attract foreign tourists, it's an absolute must these days.
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:07 PM   #9
tanzirian

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
It may have been spelt Sayeman back then as well, I really don't know the correct spelling. While I'm sure there are better hotel rooms today...when I look at pictures of the pool from back then, I think it would measure up pretty well even now...it had nice greenery / flowers around edge.
tanzirian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #10
samaruf
Shakil Maruf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzirian View Post
It may have been spelt Sayeman back then as well, I really don't know the correct spelling. While I'm sure there are better hotel rooms today...when I look at pictures of the pool from back then, I think it would measure up pretty well even now...it had nice greenery / flowers around edge.
It was spelt "Saimon" back then. I think I have a photo or two with the signage.
Old December 28th, 2010, 02:55 AM   #11
mirzazeehan

Water Park in Cox's Bazar
Star Business Desk

Leading conglomerate Intraco Group has signed an agreement with Nicco Park & Resorts Ltd of India to set up a water park at the popular tourist spot of Cox's Bazar. The water park will come up on four acres already earmarked. The total project will cost around $10 million.

The agreement was signed at a ceremony in Kolkata on Saturday, the commerce ministry said in a statement.

Source:http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=167775
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #12
mirzazeehan

Below are three more "*****5 Star" hotel projects in Cox's Bazar and that brings the total number of proposed/under-contruction "5 star" hotels in Cox's Bazar to "28"

Prasad Solilkul Hotel,Inani Beach

Samudra Bilash Resort,Marine Drive Road

Sea Inn Epic,Kolatoli

Bashati Grand Pacific,Kolatoli

Last edited by mirzazeehan; January 5th, 2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:52 AM   #13
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 524

Quote:
Three more "*****5 Star" hotel projects in Cox's Bazar and that brings the total number of proposed/under-contruction "5 star" hotels in Cox's Bazar to "28"
There is a serious pent up demand for hotel rooms in the Cox's Bazar area, for the mad dash to build? Is the occupancy rate really high throughout the year or is it some ploy to turn black money, white?

I worry about the long term environmental impact on this very fragile piece of ecosystem that the country is blessed with.
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:02 AM   #14
tislam84

Likes (Received): 110

I know during winter season there is a huge demand for hotels in Cox's Bazar, but I am not sure if there is such a high demand for 5-star hotel rooms. Maybe the entrepreneurs should also look into making some budget lodging.
tislam84 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #15
mirzazeehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tislam84 View Post
I know during winter season there is a huge demand for hotels in Cox's Bazar, but I am not sure if there is such a high demand for 5-star hotel rooms. Maybe the entrepreneurs should also look into making some budget lodging.
I think there is huge demand for hotels in coxs bazar but this boom is probably more about Dhaka based people investing their idle(sometimes black) money into fancy hotel projects in the beach city...and it's prolly not so much fueled by the demand for 5 star hotel rooms as it is by the desire of owning a hotel room in a five star standard resort.The investors are i think more concerned about rise in property prices in cox bazar in the long term than they are about getting good yearly returns from these investments.As for the developers ,they would be selling the entire built up space in their hotels anyway.Coxs bazar definitely does not need 28 five-star hotels by 2014 but the increasing number of people in Dhaka willing to invest in the beach city and own a luxurious property there means that we will see even more projects coming up in the near future

Last edited by mirzazeehan; January 5th, 2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old January 13th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #16
King Nothing

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
I worry about the long term environmental impact on this very fragile piece of ecosystem that the country is blessed with.
Disaster is already on the way.

Grabbers feast on Cox's Bazar
Landscape, tourism prospect of world's longest beach at stake

The longest sea beach in the world is littered with unplanned restaurants, hotels and other business establishments. Rampant beach grabbing goes on in Cox's Bazar with very influential people tussling with each other over this beautiful spot of Bangladesh. Photo: Anisur Rahman

Rampant encroachment on seashore, and construction of unplanned commercial structures ruin the landscape and threaten biodiversity of the world's longest beach of Cox's Bazar.

Different government bodies, armed forces, political high-ups and local influential people already illegally constructed hotels, rest houses, restaurants, coffee shops, and gift shops on and along the beach.

Many encroachers put up signboards saying they are the owners of the lands through purchase.

Wholesale unplanned constructions and putting up of signboards are turning the beautiful beach into an eyesore.

The Department of Environment (DoE), on December 7 last year, instructed the local administration to remove all illegal structures and stop construction of roads on the beach in seven days.

But the local authorities ignored the directive and have yet to take any action against those illegal structures.

"We are aware about encroachment there. Some people made structures with bamboo and straws on the beach. We have served them notices," said Giasuddin Ahmed, deputy commissioner of Cox's Bazar.

"If we want to remove illegal structures, we should remove all illegal commercial structures including those belonging to the Department of Forest, armed forces and political high-ups," said the Cox's Bazar DC describing the dire situation of the beach.

The DC said his office prepared a report on all incidents of encroachment and sent it to the higher authorities.

Demand for land on the beach shot up in recent years in the wake of a boom in tourism industry. To accommodate the incoming throng of tourists, hotels and restaurants are mushrooming on the beach violating the law.

During a recent visit a despairing situation was seen along the beach. Locals say if the government does not take immediate action, the beach is going to be a hectic place full of commercial activities in near future.

Work of setting up new structures was seen at many spots that apparently turned the beach into a construction site.

The encroachers are erecting makeshift structures on the sandy beach where water hits during high tide. Bricks and other materials were seen piled along the beach for further construction.

The government in 1999 announced the entire beach from Cox's Bazar to Teknaf as an "ecologically critical area". Accordingly, any activity that might change the existing character of the land and water or threaten local ecology was prohibited.

Asked, Muhammed Munir Chowdhury, director of Monitoring and Enforcement wing of the DoE, who led a special drive in Cox's Bazar, said, "The district administration has the responsibility to remove all illegal structures."

He added the DoE would conduct further drives to ensure an echo-friendly sea beach if the district administration failed to do their task.

Earlier, it was reported that about 12,000 out of 27,293 acres of forestland in the district was grabbed during the BNP-Jamaat alliance rule.

The forest officials say they filed 458 cases against 1,843 encroachers during that time.

Orders from courts came at different times to recover 912 acres of forestland -- 320 acres in Dhalghata, 200 in Charandip, 10 in Matarbari, 350 in Siradia and 32 acres in Lemshikhali.

But the matter virtually ended there as no further action was taken against any encroachment.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=168804
King Nothing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 03:14 AM   #17
jason.kazi
Supermember

Construction of buildings continues illegally.
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #18
jason.kazi
Supermember

Clear Cox's Bazaar beach: HC

Dhaka, Jan 10 (bdnews24.com)—The High Court has directed to dismantle all permanent and temporary establishments from Cox's Bazaar sea beach within next seven days.

The court also asked the government to explain within three weeks why all the structures on the beach will not be declared illegal.

On Monday, justices A H M Shamsuddin Chowdhury and Sheikh Mohammed Zakir Hossain gave the order following a writ petition by Human Rights and Peace for Bangladesh.

The court has also asked the Cox's Bazaar deputy commissioner to form a special committee and demarcate the beach area.

Cox's Bazaar police superintendent and officer-in-charge have also been instructed to ensure that no new establishment is erected on the beach.

The DC, SP and OC have been ordered to submit a report to the court after dismantling the structures.

Advocate Manzil Morshed argued for the petitioner while deputy attorney general A B M Altaf Hossain argued for the state.

After the court order, the lawyer told bdnews24.com: "This order will help prosper the country's tourism industry. Cox's Bazaar beach will appear all the more attractive to both local and foreign tourists."
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #19
mirzazeehan

Grand Beach Castle

Japan Cox Bay Hotel

Hotel Blue Reef

Cox Eco Zone Cottages and Resort,Marine Drive Road

Old February 11th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #20
jason.kazi
Supermember

Comfort Sea Star Hotel, Cox's Bazar

Cox's Bazar is the most attractive tourist spot of the country located on a low range of sand hills between the river Bakkhali and Bay of Bengal with a long open beach towards the sea. In addition to the long sea beach with its silvery waves breaking at the foot of the hills and sea bathing, the attractions of Cox's bazar including a drive along the beach, the view of the sun setting on the rolling sea-waves, the moonlit night and the exciting interior of the bazar and its people. Interesting place around Cox's Bazar include Himchari, Ramu, Sonadia Island, Moheskhali, Teknaf and ST martin's Island.
Comfort Sea Star is a beautiful Five Star Hotel Complex of 14 storied building surrounded by beautiful green zone. The layout provides guests with the option of an active or relaxing holiday. The main swimming pool next down to the main restaurant. The resort has all the amenities like gym, Children play corner, conference hall, food corner, coffee corner, juice corner, Cineplex, Billiard zone, international photo Gallery, International Standard Saloon, Thai aroma therapy centre, beach casino etc, that help make a holiday perfect.
The excellent Location of the complex offers a very convenient gate way of the other activities in the area moetc, that help make a holiday perfect.
The excellent Location of the complex offers a very convenient gate way of the other activities in the area most of which are within twinkling of an eye are longest sea beach and Five km distance are Natural Fountain at Himchari. The hills and waterfalls here are unique spots another attraction is the Christmas trees.

Visit us at http://comfortseastar.com/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: