daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland

Queensland » Gold Coast | Regional Queensland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 12th, 2017, 01:09 AM   #3901
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 3423

It could just be the way it looks. It's potentially not too different to the existing situation.

https://goo.gl/maps/MJgax3VBV7P2
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
KJBrissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2017, 01:23 AM   #3902
BNEcivilENG

Likes (Received): 44

Last time I was up there it was blocked off with bollard type barriers, bikes could get through, in the past it was a painted no entry so could drive through there (although illegal).

bribri liked this post
BNEcivilENG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 05:11 AM   #3903
bribri

Likes (Received): 1265

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNEcivilENG View Post
Valid points, the bridges over the rail line could be widened for a dedicated deceleration lane prior, which would lend itself to better pedestrian and cycle route. Cant see a Southbound exit from Mayne to ICB working, although I must admit I have done that on my motorbike, its a great shortcut.
It’s no doubt just an artists impression in the image but it’s not the current blocked off stubby exit from the ICB but a much larger curve sweeping off it and ending up further west than the current blocked off stub.
bribri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 07:58 AM   #3904
TOCC

Likes (Received): 2606

What’s the master plan for this area and how does it fit In with that? I find the development around Bowen Hills and South Brisbane a little concerning given the lack of master plan. Green Square in Sydney is a similar gentrification area, and whilst it’s far from perfect it is been developed to a master plan which has allowed the shifting of roads and reserve for parklands. It’s worrying because even with a master plan there are some real transport and liveability issues, so I hate to see what could happen if there isn’t a plan and it’s just developer driven planning.
TOCC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 08:09 AM   #3905
KJBrissy

The old ULDA did a masterplan. Is this not big enough to require it's own though?
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:10 AM   #3906
TOCC

#Projects: The Valley | Spring Hill | Bowen Hills | Newstead

I’ll wait to see what they release, it’s not strictly a question of size rather the surrounding environments that it needs to connect and link with. Given you have RWBH to the west, the RNA to the South, Gasworks to the East and the site is straddling Bowen Hills Station, its a critical site to the surrounding regions for the next 20-30years.

The old ULDA Masterplan was a good starting point of the scope and size of the master plan required. Green Square overarching masterplan is 280 hectares, this site alone is 5 or 6 hectares?

ROCKETI liked this post
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #3907
KJBrissy

Well this site sits within the masterplans that were undertaken for Bowen Hills, RNA and all of the adjoining neighbourhood plans.

Before this was envisioned, 100% of this area was either within, or surrounded by masterplans.

This development will be different to what was envisioned on the site, but will know what's envisioned on surrounding sites.

What area are you specifically looking to be masterplanned?
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:14 AM   #3908
TOCC

See above I clarified some point

But to answer you question, transport and access are significant given the location of the development.. but not just how this development links to the PT, but how it facilitates the surrounding areas access to the PT as well.

I’ll also wait to see further serial on the scale and type of development, location wise it’s perfectly suited to be a town square type development.. I’m not sure whether it’s ticked all the boxes that it could have for this so far

Last edited by TOCC; December 12th, 2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #3909
KJBrissy

Those clarified points will be required to be addressed as part of any application.

In my mind this is big enough to provide significant upgrades to Bowen Hills Station as one point that should be included.
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:22 AM   #3910
TOCC

It should extend well past Bowen Hills station
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:25 AM   #3911
KJBrissy

To the area that's already been masterplanned?
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #3912
TOCC

Which masterplan are you talking about?
ULDA have been abolished, hence my initial question is there a new masterplan for the area?
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:45 AM   #3913
KJBrissy

EDQ (?) are still using the plans from the ULDA. The authority may have been abolished, but the plans that were endorsed remain.
Old December 12th, 2017, 10:04 AM   #3914
BNEcivilENG

The ULDA plan was fairly broad brush, that organisation has been taken over by economic development Queensland. EDQ is on the verge of releasing the revised bowen hills plan and is long overdue by edq, they have taken comments from vested interests and the community (presumably news ltd site has been in talks with them).

The submissions (and I assume the millenium square proposal) have been collated and will probably be announced very soon as the bowen hills economic development plan and would form the basis of a community consultation period where public comments received and final plan announce mid 2018. The recently released EDQ Herston plan was more.comprehensive than old ulda plan and the bowen hills one will probably be the same.

This plan being released pre-tempts the edq announcement, which may have been a political manoeuvre in case labour didn't get in again and the plan was changed. (My speculation)

My gut feel is that the revised plan will align with the proposed millennium project master plan as they have likely been in talks over details. When the plan is announced it will be very interesting to see height limits etc. The millennium square project has buildings much higher than existing Madison building in the concept views.

I am in agreement with bribri, the plan is conceptual and not spaceproofed, which for the preliminary nature of the proposal is probably to be expected. My initial surprise at rail line being built over was premature.

Chuckeh liked this post

Last edited by BNEcivilENG; December 12th, 2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old December 12th, 2017, 10:39 AM   #3915
BNEcivilENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
I’ll wait to see what they release, it’s not strictly a question of size rather the surrounding environments that it needs to connect and link with. Given you have RWBH to the west, the RNA to the South, Gasworks to the East and the site is straddling Bowen Hills Station, its a critical site to the surrounding regions for the next 20-30years.

The old ULDA Masterplan was a good starting point of the scope and size of the master plan required. Green Square overarching masterplan is 280 hectares, this site alone is 5 or 6 hectares?
Bang on the money Tocc, that's why I am so keen to see the EDQ plan.... there are some fundamental difference between the concept plans and current master plan that simply won't work. But it is a concept set of drawings only. So will have to wait for more detail.

TOCC liked this post
Old December 12th, 2017, 11:23 AM   #3916
TOCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNEcivilENG View Post
The ULDA plan was fairly broad brush, that organisation has been taken over by economic development Queensland. EDQ is on the verge of releasing the revised bowen hills plan and is long overdue by edq, they have taken comments from vested interests and the community (presumably news ltd site has been in talks with them).

The submissions (and I assume the millenium square proposal) have been collated and will probably be announced very soon as the bowen hills economic development plan and would form the basis of a community consultation period where public comments received and final plan announce mid 2018. The recently released EDQ Herston plan was more.comprehensive than old ulda plan and the bowen hills one will probably be the same.

This plan being released pre-tempts the edq announcement, which may have been a political manoeuvre in case labour didn't get in again and the plan was changed. (My speculation)

My gut feel is that the revised plan will align with the proposed millennium project master plan as they have likely been in talks over details. When the plan is announced it will be very interesting to see height limits etc. The millennium square project has buildings much higher than existing Madison building in the concept views.

Cheers very interesting.
Just did a bit more reading on the review. Timeframe completion of the Bowen Hills Development seems a bit skewed, one part claims competition in 2018, another area says draft amendment in 2018-2019 but adoption of development scheme amendment in 2018.
Old December 14th, 2017, 02:33 AM   #3917
nvm

Likes (Received): 180

Quote:
Work begins on $248m Chester & Ella towers in Brisbane’s inner-city
https://www.realestate.com.au/news/w...nes-innercity/
Old December 15th, 2017, 01:42 PM   #3918
Aussie Bhoy

Likes (Received): 7627

Today

LordMayhem, Chuckeh, Eastern37 liked this post