daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Ghana > Photo Galleries



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #21
Naija Attitude
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lagos
Posts: 5,667
Likes (Received): 87

Look say what u like.. i only said i was not impressed that's all.. those shopping malls look like Kiosk or stores and not shopping malls... im not saying this out of sentiments but i expected better. Your country men like Poppa etc do not hesitate to spill out garbage when it comes to Nigeria.. Nigeria is this Nigeria is that.. if what i see are the Shopping malls Ghana can boast of in the country then its a shame. Visit the ''Life in the city '' photo gallery of the Nigerian forum.
Naija Attitude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #22
royal_ron2012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC/ Accra
Posts: 623
Likes (Received): 45

[QUOTE=Naijaborn;83016462]why??
I mean, what excuse does Ghana have??
Isnt it the same cocoa that was used indeveloping Abidjan that Ghana also exports??
Not to talk of the fact that Ghana has been one of the most stable and least corrupt nations in the whole of Africa, Even less stable places have better looking cities...[/QUOTE


There is no way one can compare Accra to any other African capital city....Accra is built like European cities with less skyscrapers but beautiful streets and nice highrise here and there...another thing that most non Ghanaians fail to realize is that Accra has 3 major business centers with a collective or highrise that makes it it's own downtown....tema which is in Accra is a city with it's own downtown and a bunch of projects that are on going... Then you have the airport city which is a city by itself with a numerous highrise and with more new exclusive building scheduled to be located at the airport city example being the underconstruction airport hospital and the j cities and u will find out what I'm talking about
royal_ron2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #23
royal_ron2012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC/ Accra
Posts: 623
Likes (Received): 45

I don't know what happens but my comment got cut up...anyways the third downtown area will be the central business district which is the main downtown...it will also be the location for the new gold cost city...the central business district is the main downtown of Accra metro area which btw has a population of over 4 mill...and speaking of having a water front...the last time I checked the central business district does have a water front...independence square is in the central business district and it is rite by the ocean..this goes to show how much the critics of Accra actually know about Accra
royal_ron2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #24
Naija Attitude
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lagos
Posts: 5,667
Likes (Received): 87

True but still not impressive for a capital city. Accra actually looks more like a small town.
Naija Attitude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #25
apollojoe
Registered User
 
apollojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 621
Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_ron2012 View Post
I don't know what happens but my comment got cut up...anyways the third downtown area will be the central business district which is the main downtown...it will also be the location for the new gold cost city...the central business district is the main downtown of Accra metro area which btw has a population of over 4 mill...and speaking of having a water front...the last time I checked the central business district does have a water front...independence square is in the central business district and it is rite by the ocean..this goes to show how much the critics of Accra actually know about Accra
Correction, Independence square is adjacent to the CBD, not in the CBD, a waterfront is only worth mentioning if it has been significantly developed, not just with a dry patch of pavement with grandstands(bleachers) all due respect to Kwame Nkrumah whom I totally admire and the Independence square (Great monument but could be enhanced and brought to life with more greenery and a little bit more creativity) It,s true that the square is right next to the ocean but that's about it. There is little or no communication between onshore structures and the ocean. That being said I know that there is construction of Hotels etc started or about to start on a stretch of the Accra coast and that's a great step. I have hope and I am anticipating the impending transformation of this great African city.
apollojoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #26
royal_ron2012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC/ Accra
Posts: 623
Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollojoe View Post
Correction, Independence square is adjacent to the CBD, not in the CBD, a waterfront is only worth mentioning if it has been significantly developed, not just with a dry patch of pavement with grandstands(bleachers) all due respect to Kwame Nkrumah whom I totally admire and the Independence square (Great monument but could be enhanced and brought to life with more greenery and a little bit more creativity) It,s true that the square is right next to the ocean but that's about it. There is little or no communication between onshore structures and the ocean. That being said I know that there is construction of Hotels etc started or about to start on a stretch of the Accra coast and that's a great step. I have hope and I am anticipating the impending transformation of this great African city.
Speaking of communication between shore and structure...I started working on something for the shoreline rite behind the grand stand at independence square...I intend to use it for my senior thesis....after that I will try and present it to the AMA and the gov, free of charge...i hope I can be convincing enough to try and get a presentation for AMA....it will change Accra waterfront and skyline completely if the gov will learn to be a bit more openminded
royal_ron2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #27
jeff91
Registered User
 
jeff91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 2,261
Likes (Received): 172

Accra layout is like L.A with out the LA skyline if Accra had a few more high-rises in its center it would like the African LA.
jeff91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #28
TshabalalaGH
ME FIRI GHANA
 
TshabalalaGH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,332
Likes (Received): 255

In about 5 to 10 yrs, Accra will be looking golden!
__________________
I'm not very influential. Last time I pulled some strings, I destroyed my sweater.
TshabalalaGH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #29
apollojoe
Registered User
 
apollojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 621
Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff91 View Post
Accra layout is like L.A with out the LA skyline if Accra had a few more high-rises in its center it would like the African LA.
Interesting, I have made the very same observation! but I think it will require a major major construction boom (high rises) to qualify as the LA of Africa, but Good call though Jeff.

Last edited by apollojoe; August 20th, 2011 at 09:47 AM.
apollojoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #30
apollojoe
Registered User
 
apollojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 621
Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_ron2012 View Post
Speaking of communication between shore and structure...I started working on something for the shoreline rite behind the grand stand at independence square...I intend to use it for my senior thesis....after that I will try and present it to the AMA and the gov, free of charge...i hope I can be convincing enough to try and get a presentation for AMA....it will change Accra waterfront and skyline completely if the gov will learn to be a bit more openminded
THat's what I like to hear. We need more people from Ghana with this kind of attitude.
apollojoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #31
popa1980
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,038
Likes (Received): 3416

people are right. Accra is one of the ugliest cities when you compare it to cities in poorer nations ch as Dakar and DES. But then look at San Jose vs Paname city.
popa1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #32
apollojoe
Registered User
 
apollojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 621
Likes (Received): 119

Can somebody please provide photo updates on the Kwame Nkrumah Motorway extension(George Bush Motorway, sad!) and the Gold Coast City Project, other than the Kempinski Hotel?
apollojoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #33
xJamaax
Registered User
 
xJamaax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,973
Likes (Received): 2887

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post

Is Galito's American?
xJamaax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 03:50 AM   #34
MrTigerfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 91
Likes (Received): 9

image hosted on flickr
MrTigerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #35
MrTigerfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 91
Likes (Received): 9

Accra mall

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
MrTigerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #36
Tbite
Expert
 
Tbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sud
Posts: 21,229

Can videos be posted in this thread?
__________________
TBITE stands for; Thriving Better In Things Essential
In Architecture we find a way of celebrating Humanity and of raising ourselves above the concerns of the matter of fact - Jonathan Glancey
Tbite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 09:40 AM   #37
Naijaborn
.........................
 
Naijaborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lagos.
Posts: 14,873
Likes (Received): 4691

Abeg, Mr tigerfish , u still dey for Accra??
__________________
-Lagos City Gallery-
-Lagos City Gallery-

Last edited by Naijaborn; December 5th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.
Naijaborn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #38
royal_ron2012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC/ Accra
Posts: 623
Likes (Received): 45

royal_ron2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #39
Naijaborn
.........................
 
Naijaborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lagos.
Posts: 14,873
Likes (Received): 4691

Looks nice, how many square meters is it??
__________________
-Lagos City Gallery-
-Lagos City Gallery-
Naijaborn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:29 AM   #40
popa1980
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,038
Likes (Received): 3416

Whats Rhapsodys? a Bar?
popa1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium