daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Ghana > Photo Galleries

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #21
Naija Attitude
BANNED

Likes (Received): 87

Look say what u like.. i only said i was not impressed that's all.. those shopping malls look like Kiosk or stores and not shopping malls... im not saying this out of sentiments but i expected better. Your country men like Poppa etc do not hesitate to spill out garbage when it comes to Nigeria.. Nigeria is this Nigeria is that.. if what i see are the Shopping malls Ghana can boast of in the country then its a shame. Visit the ''Life in the city '' photo gallery of the Nigerian forum.
Naija Attitude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #22
royal_ron2012

Likes (Received): 45

[QUOTE=Naijaborn;83016462]why??
I mean, what excuse does Ghana have??
Isnt it the same cocoa that was used indeveloping Abidjan that Ghana also exports??
Not to talk of the fact that Ghana has been one of the most stable and least corrupt nations in the whole of Africa, Even less stable places have better looking cities...[/QUOTE

There is no way one can compare Accra to any other African capital city....Accra is built like European cities with less skyscrapers but beautiful streets and nice highrise here and there...another thing that most non Ghanaians fail to realize is that Accra has 3 major business centers with a collective or highrise that makes it it's own downtown....tema which is in Accra is a city with it's own downtown and a bunch of projects that are on going... Then you have the airport city which is a city by itself with a numerous highrise and with more new exclusive building scheduled to be located at the airport city example being the underconstruction airport hospital and the j cities and u will find out what I'm talking about
royal_ron2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #23
royal_ron2012

I don't know what happens but my comment got cut up...anyways the third downtown area will be the central business district which is the main downtown...it will also be the location for the new gold cost city...the central business district is the main downtown of Accra metro area which btw has a population of over 4 mill...and speaking of having a water front...the last time I checked the central business district does have a water front...independence square is in the central business district and it is rite by the ocean..this goes to show how much the critics of Accra actually know about Accra
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #24
Naija Attitude
BANNED

Likes (Received): 87

True but still not impressive for a capital city. Accra actually looks more like a small town.
Naija Attitude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #25
apollojoe

Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_ron2012 View Post
I don't know what happens but my comment got cut up...anyways the third downtown area will be the central business district which is the main downtown...it will also be the location for the new gold cost city...the central business district is the main downtown of Accra metro area which btw has a population of over 4 mill...and speaking of having a water front...the last time I checked the central business district does have a water front...independence square is in the central business district and it is rite by the ocean..this goes to show how much the critics of Accra actually know about Accra
Correction, Independence square is adjacent to the CBD, not in the CBD, a waterfront is only worth mentioning if it has been significantly developed, not just with a dry patch of pavement with grandstands(bleachers) all due respect to Kwame Nkrumah whom I totally admire and the Independence square (Great monument but could be enhanced and brought to life with more greenery and a little bit more creativity) It,s true that the square is right next to the ocean but that's about it. There is little or no communication between onshore structures and the ocean. That being said I know that there is construction of Hotels etc started or about to start on a stretch of the Accra coast and that's a great step. I have hope and I am anticipating the impending transformation of this great African city.
apollojoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #26
royal_ron2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollojoe View Post
Correction, Independence square is adjacent to the CBD, not in the CBD, a waterfront is only worth mentioning if it has been significantly developed, not just with a dry patch of pavement with grandstands(bleachers) all due respect to Kwame Nkrumah whom I totally admire and the Independence square (Great monument but could be enhanced and brought to life with more greenery and a little bit more creativity) It,s true that the square is right next to the ocean but that's about it. There is little or no communication between onshore structures and the ocean. That being said I know that there is construction of Hotels etc started or about to start on a stretch of the Accra coast and that's a great step. I have hope and I am anticipating the impending transformation of this great African city.
Speaking of communication between shore and structure...I started working on something for the shoreline rite behind the grand stand at independence square...I intend to use it for my senior thesis....after that I will try and present it to the AMA and the gov, free of charge...i hope I can be convincing enough to try and get a presentation for AMA....it will change Accra waterfront and skyline completely if the gov will learn to be a bit more openminded
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #27
jeff91

Likes (Received): 172

Accra layout is like L.A with out the LA skyline if Accra had a few more high-rises in its center it would like the African LA.
jeff91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #28
TshabalalaGH
ME FIRI GHANA

Likes (Received): 255

In about 5 to 10 yrs, Accra will be looking golden!
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #29
apollojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff91 View Post
Accra layout is like L.A with out the LA skyline if Accra had a few more high-rises in its center it would like the African LA.
Interesting, I have made the very same observation! but I think it will require a major major construction boom (high rises) to qualify as the LA of Africa, but Good call though Jeff.

Last edited by apollojoe; August 20th, 2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #30
apollojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_ron2012 View Post
Speaking of communication between shore and structure...I started working on something for the shoreline rite behind the grand stand at independence square...I intend to use it for my senior thesis....after that I will try and present it to the AMA and the gov, free of charge...i hope I can be convincing enough to try and get a presentation for AMA....it will change Accra waterfront and skyline completely if the gov will learn to be a bit more openminded
THat's what I like to hear. We need more people from Ghana with this kind of attitude.
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #31
popa1980

Likes (Received): 3416

people are right. Accra is one of the ugliest cities when you compare it to cities in poorer nations ch as Dakar and DES. But then look at San Jose vs Paname city.
popa1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #32
apollojoe

Can somebody please provide photo updates on the Kwame Nkrumah Motorway extension(George Bush Motorway, sad!) and the Gold Coast City Project, other than the Kempinski Hotel?
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #33
xJamaax

Likes (Received): 2887

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post

Is Galito's American?
xJamaax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 03:50 AM   #34
MrTigerfish

Likes (Received): 9

image hosted on flickr
MrTigerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #35
MrTigerfish

Likes (Received): 9

Accra mall

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
MrTigerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #36
Tbite
Expert

Can videos be posted in this thread?
Old December 5th, 2011, 09:40 AM   #37
Naijaborn

Likes (Received): 4691

Abeg, Mr tigerfish , u still dey for Accra??

Last edited by Naijaborn; December 5th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.
Naijaborn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #38
royal_ron2012

Old December 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #39
Naijaborn

Likes (Received): 4691

Looks nice, how many square meters is it??
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:29 AM   #40
popa1980

Likes (Received): 3416

Whats Rhapsodys? a Bar?
popa1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote