daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Ghana > Photo Galleries

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #41
MrTigerfish

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naijaborn View Post
Abeg, Mr tigerfish , u still dey for Accra??
Oga bawo ni. No ooo, lol. These are pics from my trip last year. I was in both countries, 3 weeks in Ghana and a week in Nigeria. Fun times!
MrTigerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #42
MrTigerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa1980 View Post
Whats Rhapsodys? a Bar?
I suppose, but i cant remember
Old December 6th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #43
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 2034

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJamaax View Post
Is Galito's American?
South African.

Quote:
The Galito’s story began in the Mpumulanga city of Nelspruit, when Louis Germishuys opened the first store in 1996. With a powerful combination of great tasting chicken, excellent service and pride, Galito’s was a huge success. Within a few short years Galito’s had become a Lowveld favourite. Through the valued participation of close friends, Galitos had opened a closely-knit family of 8 stores by 2002.

In 2003, Galitos decided to share its unique flavours with the rest of South Africa. It was from this point that the Galitos franchising efforts took-off in earnest. Galitos has since opened to huge acclaim in Gauteng, Pretoria, Kwa-Zulu Natal and Limpopo, with a total representation of 54 stores by the close of 2008.

In 2006, Galitos boldly spread its wings into Africa, successfully opening stores in Kenya, Ghana and Senegal. The marked success of these stores generated a large amount interest, promising great potential for growth in these regions.

http://www.galitos.co.za/AboutUs
Old December 6th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #44
Tbite
Expert

Quote:
Looks nice, how many square meters is it??
It's bigger than Palms...It has 20,000sqm of gla.

However retail growth in Ghana is really mediocre. I recently looked at some figures and some of the projects in the pipeline include the retail components in One Airport square and Icon House with about 2500, 2000 sqms in them.
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #45
Naijaborn

Likes (Received): 4691

even with the claim that a greater proportion of Ghanaians are Middle class {Greater than in many African countries infact}???
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #46
popa1980

Likes (Received): 3406

Quote:
even with the claim that a greater proportion of Ghanaians are Middle class {Greater than in many African countries infact}???
ahhh, Africans and their simplistic view of development. Some countries just have more malls than others. In Colombia malls are more common than in Argentina but the latter is richer and more developed. The UK has more malls than France or Germany but they are similarly developed.
popa1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:56 AM   #47
Naijaborn

Likes (Received): 4691

who said anything about number of malls??
T bite mentioned ''Retail growth'', and that is what I am referring to. ok?
Old December 7th, 2011, 05:52 AM   #48
MrTigerfish

image hosted on flickr
Old February 6th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #49
xJamaax

Likes (Received): 2886

Quote:
I have always personally wondered why Accra doesent look better as a city, but I personally think things would change with time..... development, Luanda style.
I think it's because of decentralization. Ghana as a whole normally doesnt seem to put everything at one place.
xJamaax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:08 PM   #50
kulani

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintali View Post
I still feel Accra is a gud city................I think as the whole of Africa goes the Middle East Stlyle, Accra is going the the Washington DC; Paris; Zurich and generally European style. Skyscrappers are a good sign of development and give the modernity to a city but the real thing that makes a city good is good infrastructure - nobody said for infrastructure to be good, it has to be a skyscrapper. look at the cities I just mentioned; In Paris, no structure is to be built such that it blocks the Eiffel tower effect on the skyline, In Washington DC, though the ban was lifted, nothing was to be constructed higher than the Capitol while in Zurich and Bern, nothing over 40m is to be constructed but they still remain among the world's best cities.
Although it would serve African cities like Accra better in terms of the amount of money they need to invest on bulk infrastructure (e.g. water, electricity, sewerage, gas and telecoms infrastructure) if they would focus on building skyscrapers instead of going with an urban sprawl. That said, a Washington DC type urban plan is quite nice.
kulani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:11 PM   #51
kulani

Likes (Received): 26

having previously lived in Accra, i would recommend that the government of Ghana should look at releasing a number of land parcels around the government square to private developers who are looking to invest in skyscraper type developments. The govt owns large parcels that have 1970s style groundscrapers that serve as the government offices in a very central and strategic location of Accra.
kulani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM   #52
bieber
the traveller

Likes (Received): 66

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulani View Post
having previously lived in Accra, i would recommend that the government of Ghana should look at releasing a number of land parcels around the government square to private developers who are looking to invest in skyscraper type developments. The govt owns large parcels that have 1970s style groundscrapers that serve as the government offices in a very central and strategic location of Accra.
bieber no está en línea   Reply With Quote