Not open for further replies.

Karnataka Assembly Elections 2013 - News,Updates,Analysis,Predictions & Results

280K views 3K replies 56 participants last post by  pavan9741650414 
#1 · (Edited)
Needs no more introduction

Just Enjoy

#2,168 ·
Vote Maadi in Mangalore

Dakshina Kannada Hotel Owners Association has offered a five per cent discount on all bills above Rs 100 for those vote in the May 5 assembly elections in hotels that are part of the association.
Vote and get 20% discount on all watersports at Panambur Beach on 5th, 6th and 7th May 2013.
Here in DK its campaign to exercise your vote.. And vote in large numbers

#2,172 ·
Venkaiah Naidu falls in line at polling booth

Bangalore, May 5: Ruling BJP's senior leader and lawmaker M. Venkaiah Naidu had a taste of the people's power Sunday when he was snubbed by voters when he tried to muscle his way into a polling booth with party workers and supporters, jumping the queue.

A Rajya Sabha member from the state, Naidu is a voter in the Malleshwaram assembly constituency, a middle class locality in the northwest of the city.
When Naidu tried to walk straight into the booth with a couple of his party cadres, instead of standing in line and awaiting his turn, some of the voters already in the queue shouted at him, asking him to fall in line.

Taken aback, Naidu sought to pacify the crowd saying he was in a hurry to cast his vote as he had other engagements to attend as an member of parliament from the state.

As many of the voters in the queue did not know or recognise Naidu, who originally hails from the neighbouring Andhra Pradesh state, they politely told him that it was immaterial who he was; everyone had to be in line.
A chastened Naidu stood in line, as did the men with him.

#2,177 ·
Bangalore just 26% till now? WTF. My family hasn't still voted and they want to go in the evening. I just had a confrontation with them for their lethargy. I regret staying abroad now. I seriously wish I had a private jet, so that I could have cast my vote.

#2,203 ·
ಮತದಾನ : ಯಾರು ಏನು ಹೇಳಿದರು ?

ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿ, ಮೇ 5 : ವಿಧಾನಸಭೆ ಚುನಾವಣೆಗೆ ಮತದಾನ ನಡೆಯುತ್ತಿದ್ದು, ವಿವಿಧ ರಾಜಕೀಯ ಪಕ್ಷಗಳ ನಾಯಕರು ತಮ್ಮ ಹಕ್ಕು ಚಲಾಯಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಮತದಾನ ಅಂತ್ಯಗೊಳ್ಳಲು ಕ್ಷಣಗಣನೆ ಆರಂಭವಾಗಿದ್ದು, ರಾಜ್ಯದ್ಯಾಂತ ಮತದಾನದ ಪ್ರಮಾಣ ಎಷ್ಟಾಗಲಿದೆ ? ಎಂದು ಕುತೂಹಲ ಮೂಡಿಸಿದೆ. ರಾಜಕೀಯ ಪಕ್ಷದ ಮುಖಂಡರು ಮತದಾನ ಮಾಡಿ ತಮ್ಮ ಪಕ್ಷಕ್ಕೆ ಬಹುಮತ ಎಂದು ಹೇಳಿಕೆ ನೀಡುತ್ತಿದ್ದಾರೆ.
ಭಾನುವಾರ ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕುಟುಂಬದ ಸದಸ್ಯರೊಂದಿಗೆ ಮತದಾನ ಮಾಡಿದ ನಂತರ ಮಾಧ್ಯಮಗಳೊಂದಿಗೆ ಮಾತನಾಡಿದ ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ಜಗದೀಶ್ ಶೆಟ್ಟರ್, ಭ್ರಷ್ಟ ಕಾಂಗ್ರೆಸ್ ಸರ್ಕಾರವನ್ನು ದೇಶದಿಂದ ತೊಲಗಿಸಲು ಇದು ಜನರಿಗೆ ಒಳ್ಳೆಯ ಸಂದರ್ಭ ಎಂದು ಹೇಳಿದರು.
ಬಿಜೆಪಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಐದು ವರ್ಷಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾಡಿರುವ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳನ್ನು ನೋಡಿ ಜನರು ಮತ ನೀಡುವಂತೆ ಮನವಿ ಮಾಡಿದರು. ಕಾಂಗ್ರೆಸ್ ಅಥವ ಪ್ರಾದೇಶಿಕ ಪಕ್ಷಗಳಿಗೆ ಮತ ನೀಡದೆ ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಸಮಗ್ರ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿಗಾಗಿ ಬಿಜೆಪಿಗೆ ಮತ ನೀಡಿ ಎಂದರು. ಚುನಾವಣೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಬಿಜೆಪಿ ಬಹುಮತ ಪಡೆದು ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಮತ್ತೊಮ್ಮೆ ಅಧಿಕಾರ ನಡೆಸಲಿದೆ ಎಂದು ವಿಶ್ವಾಶ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಪಡಿಸಿದರು.

Ref : http://kannada.oneindia.in/news/201...ng-confidence-of-getting-majority-073747.html

#2,211 ·
45% in Bangalore????? How pathetic! A city that is considered to be the most educated hub of the state does not support democracy?

Even if they had voted for not interested in any political party, it would be extremely appreciated, but abstaining from voting is such an insult to our democratic system. That is totally unacceptable and should be made punishable by law.

Unbelievable!

#2,208 · (Edited)
Why does TOI say 40% voting till 4.00 PM? Which information is the right one? Also, news x and other channels are already talking about congress seeming to be the clear winner. How can they do something like this that influences the voters when the voting is still going on? Is there no one to take strict action against these TV channels? Our media needs to be disciplined and banned if necessary. They are the first and foremost impediment to our country's progression. The Politicians -Media nexus(especially congress-media) should be revealed in public and the responsible media persons should be punished and barred from media business for ever.

#2,209 ·
Why does TOI say 40% voting till 4.00 PM? Which information is the right one? Also, news x and other channels are already talking about congress seeing to be the clear winnwr. How can they do something like this that influences the voters when the voting is till going on? Is there no one to take strick action against these TV channels? our media needs to be disciplined and banned if necessary. They are the first and foremost impediment to our country's progression. The Politicians -Media nexus(especially congress-media) should be revealed in public and the responsible media persons should be punished and barred from media business for ever.
2014 NDA will do all good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.