daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > General > NASF Archive

Old July 13th, 2004, 10:15 PM   #1
Rx727sfl2002
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Miami=Brickell Financial District

Wanted To Start A Thread On Brickell And All The Projects South Of The River
Hope Everyone Cooperates And Posts Pictures and Renderings On Buildings.

Please Revisit This Thread And Post New Information.
Rx727sfl2002 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old July 15th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #2
MarkyMark
Kiwi 'n Miami

Likes (Received): 10

Brickell is definitely the hottest area......after South Beach. I love this area.....has bay views and lots of greenery......and most of all.......very safe so you can walk anywhere (unlike downtown and performing arts district).

I can't wait until there are more shops and retail stores....so it becomes a place where you can walk to get anything you need.
MarkyMark no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #3
ISG

Likes (Received): 6

Seems like MarkyMark has interests in the Brickell area. Nice area, but let's be frank, the whole miami area is hot. In fact, one of hottest areas in US for future appreciation as per latest real estate evaluations is zip 33137 (north of Brickell). My POV, why go for a place already developed and therefore over-priced when the future is north. - downtown, midtown and uptown.
ISG no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #5
MarkyMark
Kiwi 'n Miami

I acknowledge the fact that the area north of brickell is a hot up and coming area as well. It's obvious as to why property has appreciated so much in that area.....loads of new development are driving prices up...from extremely low initial prices (the crime, prostitutes and drug dealers I guess have really put people off).

Brickell to me is a much better, safer and cleaner neighborhood....and property prices there are not much higher than other new developments elsewhere along biscayne blvd. I've lived in many places all over the world....and just telling you what I like.

Don't get me wrong....I love the development north of brickell.......I can't wait until the streets are improved and the city looks like a real modern city...with great architecture and safe streets. I'm glad that people have a choice of where to live.
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #6
MarkyMark
Kiwi 'n Miami

also more links........

http://www.emeraldatbrickell.com
http://www.infinityatbrickell.com
http://www.thesailonbrickell.com/
http://thebeaconatbrickellvillage.com/
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #7
Dale

Likes (Received): 1770

Are the streets that bad north of the river, or is it primarily the fact that the urban fabric is still coming together, a little ragged ?
Dale no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:10 PM   #8
MarkyMark
Kiwi 'n Miami

In my opinion, the streets have improved alot over the past five years...but still needs alot more work. I expect the new development in the area (which includes better lighting and street improvements) will eventually make the area alot safer and drive away the hookers and drug dealers. They haven't gone away yet though.

Every city have their less developed areas......which tend to attract crime....so you have to expect that everywhere you go.

The other month.....I was looking at a condo just north of the PAC......there were homeless people living in the abandoned building at which the condo was going to be built. The area will improve. It will just take time in my opinion.
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:14 PM   #9
Rx727sfl2002
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

streets really that bad

Dale ive Lived Everywhere in miami you could Possibly think Except the Suburbs. (Yuck) Currently im On 72 and Biscayne and the area is fairly safe
still you see some hookers but alot more restaurants and cafe shops opening up and alot of old buildings being converted into lofts.

frankly 4 years ago you could get something for 60k now its more like 200k or better. thinking i might purchase something very soon while the prices are still low.
Rx727sfl2002 no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2004, 02:42 AM   #10
brickell

Likes (Received): 775

Brickell still has it's seedy area to the west. I've seen a fair shair of hookers and drug deals in the neighborhood at night, though it's vastly improved over the last two years.

Eventually they'll be bought out, but the landlords in the area seem to be just waiting for a higher prices and not putting any money into fixing up the properties.
brickell no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2004, 05:31 AM   #11
Toucano
Gator Moderator

Likes (Received): 317

Construction Updates

Brickell on the river updates:

Mary Brickell Village:
Toucano no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2004, 05:33 AM   #12
texasboy

Likes (Received): 4

Is there a reason why Miami never builds 900 footers or 1000 footers? The Blue and Green Diamond could have been one if they didn't buid twins.
texasboy no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2004, 05:40 AM   #13
Toucano
Gator Moderator

Likes (Received): 317

The Blue and Gren Diamonds were not in Miami they are in Miami Beach where the rules concerning skyscrapers are strict...The City of Miami will probably soon encounter some viable plans for a 800-1000 foot building...Infinity may be the beginning of supertall buildings for us...
Toucano no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2004, 05:47 AM   #14
texasboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toucano
The Blue and Gren Diamonds were not in Miami they are in Miami Beach where the rules concerning skyscrapers are strict...The City of Miami will probably soon encounter some viable plans for a 800-1000 foot building...Infinity may be the beginning of supertall buildings for us...
Do you have any renderings for Infinity.
Old July 16th, 2004, 05:52 AM   #15
texasboy

Does anybody also have any pics of these buildings going up in brickell, which will be done any day now.

Jade Residences at Brickell Bay

Summit Brickell View Condos

The Cluc at Brickell Bay
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:25 AM   #16
brickell

Likes (Received): 775

If you look closely you can see Jade in the reflection of the 4Seasons tower.
brickell no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #17
MarkyMark
Kiwi 'n Miami

Texasboy.....The Infinity at brickell is set to be the third tallest building in Miami. Before their recent changes in height, it was estimated to be 630 ft (which is just a little higher than the BOA building). Now, apparently they have added a couple of more floors...so it will be slightly higher now. And each floor is 10 feet. The web site says it has 52 floors....I spoke with one of the sales people there.....sounds like it is more like 55-56 floors now. www.infinityatbrickell.com and http://www.decolofts.com/miamilofts/infinity.htm for pics.

In terms of Summit Brickell View........that building is an eye sore. It is brand new...but it looks atleast ten years old already. It has a really bad paint job. The building looks nothing like its original rendering.
Old July 16th, 2004, 06:50 PM   #18
streetscapeer
hmmm......

Likes (Received): 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toucano
Brickell on the river updates:

I'm confused.....don't these two pics show Park Place under construction? or is it The Plaza on Brickell? I don't think they're Brickell on the River though.

Last edited by streetscapeer; July 16th, 2004 at 07:38 PM.
streetscapeer no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #19
streetscapeer
hmmm......

Likes (Received): 640

here's the site for Emerald at Brickell (pics taken from their site)

Jade is to the left

It will rise 27 stories

streetscapeer no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:27 PM   #20
MIAballinboi

Likes (Received): 385

yes those are park place, he just misnamed them,

also i beleive the sail on brickell broke ground and is rising, i saw that, hopefully i can update that info
MIAballinboi no está en línea