Not open for further replies.

NOMINATE: Best Museum

14K views 72 replies 64 participants last post by  zupermaus 
#1 ·
Nominate your 3 favorite Museums

Use this thread for nominating only.

---oooOooo---

General rules:

The Hall of Fame forum is where we decide about our best buildings. Every week users can nominate and vote in a specific category.

The five nominations that get the most mentions will be up for the final vote the week after. The one receiving the most votes will go into the Hall of Fame.

Nominating
If you name more then three, only the first three will count. If you name the same structure three times, that will be counted as one. Do not use this thread for discussions.

Promoting your favorite
Discuss this week's topic in the 'Dicussion:' thread

See less See more
#5 ·
1) British Museum, London. No doubt.
2) Pompeii, Italy. Unique atmosphere.
3) Jubelpark, Brussels. This enormous 19th century complex consists of 4 museums, and for me the Aviation Museum and the Army Museum are a paradise. You can touch everything ( from the collection ) you want, and I like the smell in those museums; it's really the smell of history. You can also go to the top of the Arc from which you have a beautiful view over the city. By the way : the entrance is for free.

#11 ·
Musei Vaticani - Rome
British Museum - London
El Prado - Madrid

#13 ·
Maybe not so famous, but maybe worth mentioning?

Groninger Museum, Groningen

Designed by Alessandro Medini, Philipe Starck, Michelle de Luchi and Wolf Prix from Coop Himmelb(l)au.

This museum has managed to get some popular exhbitions inside it's walls, such as Russian's famous painter Repin, the life of Serghei Diaghilev, but also young upcoming artists from the Netherlands. For curious people, see www.groningermuseum.nl A very entertaining site!

#14 ·
1. NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM, LONDON

2. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York - where you can see the best of European art...
3. Museum of Natural History, New York as well

Also worth mentioning: Tate Galery and London City Museum, Verkehrshaus Luzern, Deutsches Museum München, Louvre Paris, Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam, Moomin Museum Tampere, MASP Sao Paulo, MoMA New York, Kremlin Museums Moscow, Desing Museum Helsinki, Whiskey Museum Edinburgh.

#15 ·
Hard!

#1 Uffizi - Firenze
#2 Musei Vaticani - Roma
#3 Brera - Milano

I nominate these, 'cause they have more probability to go to "poll" (and, yeah, 'cause they're Italians), but sincerely I prefer little museums not so crowded and with not too much to see (if you have too much too see you wont see anything, finally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.