Not open for further replies.

NOMINATE: Best City vs. City Rivals!

14K views 93 replies 83 participants last post by  salvius 
#1 · (Edited)
Nominate your 3 favorite city vs. city rivals

Use this thread for nominating only.

---oooOooo---

General rules:

The Hall of Fame forum is where we decide about our best rivals. Every week users can nominate and vote in a specific category.

The five nominations that get the most mentions will be up for the final vote the week after. The one receiving the most votes will go into the Hall of Fame.

Nominating
If you name more then three, only the first three will count. If you name the same structure three times, that will be counted as one. Do not use this thread for discussions.

Promoting your favorite
Discuss this week's topic in the 'Dicussion:' thread

See less See more
#42 ·
Paris vs. London
San Francisco vs. New York
Barcelona vs. Madrid

#46 ·
London vs Paris is quiet a contest on this forum. Several threads have been made on the subject. The best isn't the term I would use, the term worse is much more appropriate IMO.

Singapre vs Hong Kong is also a popular one.

Finally, New York vs Chicago

#47 ·
Glasgow Vs Edinburgh.

Doesnt get much coverage on these forums because of a complete lack of Edinburgh forumers, but believe me when I say there is a MASSIVE rivalry between the two.

All you need to do is consider the facts:

They are the two biggest and proudest cities in Scotland, and are only 45 miles apart from each other!! One city(Edinburgh) calls itself the capital of Scotland and houses the Scottish Parliment, the other(Glasgow) is by far and away the biggest of the two(metro population of roughly 2 million) and believes that it should be the captial, and it should have the Scottish Parliment.

The cities are extremely different, and residents of both cities are constantly engaged in a battle of words, with both sides constantly slagging each other off and claiming to be Scotland's first city.

It is a constantly heated debate that has been going on for hundreds of years. Trust me when I say that this is one of the worlds greatest City vs City contests. Pity there arent more Edinburgh forumers to prove why....

#48 ·
Melbourne vs Toroto - in terms of city size, pop. size, transportation and socio economic makeup

Melbourne vs Sydney - in regards to sports culture vs pop culture and lifestyle

Vilnius vs Riga - similar in size both vowing for euro investment

Minsk vs Kiev?

London vs Paris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.