SkyscraperCity Forum banner

TamilNadu Highways Projects

3M views 9K replies 522 participants last post by  BlackPearl 
#1 · (Edited)
Please post the currents status of NHAI's projects, relevent maps and photos here.Almost all highways in TamilNadu are being converted to 4 lines.So we can have common thread for all road projects in tamilnadu instead of posting in the different city threads.

#61 ·
தமிழ் நாடு மாநில விரைவு சாலை திட்டங்கள் நிலவரம்! -Tamil Nadu NHAI Projects Status as on Sep, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenders about to award:
---------------------------

1. TN/KL Border - Kanyakumari – 4 Lanning
2. Nagakovil - Kavalkinaru – 4 Lanning
3. Trichy - Karaikkudi - Ramanathapuram – 4 Lanning
5. Coimbatore – Mettupalayam – 2 Lanning upgrade 4 laning

Status Want?!
--------------
Salem – Coimbatore – Status want, source is gud??

There are two projects one is Salem-Chengapalli and other is Chengapalli- Wallayar(TN/Kerela Border) via Coimbatore.
Status: 75% of the work is completed in Salem - Chengapalli(near Avinashi). As per schedule they should have completed by Aug'08 but it looks like it will be completed by first quarter of 2009.

Coimbatore to TN/KL Border - Status want, source is gud??
Status:Chengapalli to TN/Kerala Border works were delayed bcoz of land acquistion near Avinashi and Walayar area. But couple of months back NHAI conducted a meeting with public to explain the complete project. Now the land issues are resolved.Now it is in DPR stage. It looks like Chengapalli to Neelambur(CBE) will have six-lane and other sections will have 4-lane. As per the below link the work will start in first quarter of 2009 once Salem-Chengapalli works are 100% completed. The Chengapalli to Neelambur (entry point of CBE) section widendning is very important to CBE as this road connects Chennai,Bangalore, Salem, Erode, Tirupur-Via Avinashi.

Source
http://www.hindu.com/2008/06/02/stories/2008060250440100.htm

#62 · (Edited)
^^^^
DPR Stage:
--------------
2. Madurai – Rameswaram -Dhanushkodi – Road Widening --(4 lanning plan was dropped)Source

Techcity, spl Thanks for your kind info. I got the news in Hindu. this aug 19th, news.

After that, (last week i think, i saw the news in dinamalar, i will find out and give to u guys later) Same Swaminathan said n all Tamil dailies published and says that, there is a rumour going on MDU - Rameshwaram project dropped due to no land, and requested all dont spread the rumours against the project, as it is not dropped, nhai going to do the project.

Please see this nhai link. nhai is pumping huge amount 1212 Crores just for 186 kms.

http://www.nhai.org/projectsonoffer_PHASE III B .asp

BEAUTY of this project, Nhai is going to construct one more PAMBAN bridge adjacent to the present pamban. that's why cost is toooo much 1212 Crs just for 180 kms. so Pamban bridge will be 4 lanned!!.:banana:

at present, there is no road to dhanuskodi, nhai will extend the road from Rameshwaram to dhanuskodi along the ocean bed. (that too 4 lanes):banana:

only Major change in this project is :

nhai is not going to wide the existing 2 lanes from madu - ramnad road. bcas there is no land to do that. in the present road, one side is vaigai river and another side MDU - Ramnad BG track. inbetween these, river - road - track, there is a only small land. there are 100s of villages, towns exists in this small land.

Hence, nhai will not go and touch this road, instead, they are going to construct new road just North side of Vaigai river.

This road will start from Madurai - TRY 4 lane meeting point at MIBT - Ring road, from there it will go Singampunari town - then it will cross vaigai river, - then paramakudi - then it will go towards Ramnad, rameshwaram, dhanuskodi on 4 lanes.

i m keep watching this project and reading all relative news on this road project, as it is going to change the face of Ramnad and Sivaganga dists.

As an Indian, I dont accept Nhai is pumping huggggge cost 1300 crs on this road, it doesnt make sense to me, bcas there will not be enough revenue to get this money back. moreover, Sivaganga and ramnad are poor dists, nothing is there, all empty dry land. what is there in rameshwaram and dhanuskodi to get 4 lane. Nothing, there is no traffic for 4 lane. it is dead end!

But as a Tamil and maduriate, i would welcome this HUGE project going to happen in the poor dist like Ramnad in south TN, this is only big Project Central and State govt r doing after 50 years of Independance in the district.

HENCE, MDU - Dhanuskodi 4 lannning is still on the pipeline. please see below news for proofs.

#63 ·
^^Thanks Senthil!

i will change according your updates.

Coimbatore - Mettupalayam - 4 lanning - dpr stage.

Salem - Coimbatore - TN/KL Border- 4 Lanning - on Progress

#64 ·
தமிழ் நாடு மாநில விரைவு சாலை திட்டங்கள் நிலவரம்! -Tamil Nadu NHAI Projects Status as on Sep, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed Projects:
---------------------

1. Madras – Krishnagiri - Bangalore – 4 Lanes
2. Madras to Tindivanam – 4 Lanes

On Going Projects – Progress:
-----------------------------

1. Chennai By Pass Road – 4 Lanning
2. Tindivanam – Trichy - Madurai – 4 Lanning
3. Krishnagiri - Kanyakumari – 4 Lanning
4. Madurai – Aruppukkottai – Tuticorin – 4 Lanning
5. Trichy - Thanjavur – 4 Lanning
6. Dindigul-Trichy – 4 Lanning
7. Trichy – Karur – 4 Lanning
8. Salem – Ulundurpet – 4 Lanning
9. TN/Pondicherry border –Tindivanam – 4 Lanning
10. Tutticorin – Thirunelveli – 4 Lanning
11 Karur – Coimbatore – 4 Lanning
12 Lalapet Bridge
13 Kathipara Flyover
14 Koyambedu Flyover
15 Padi Flyover
16 Airport Flyover
17 4 lanning of 4 km length between Koyambedu to Maduravoyal
18 Sivaganga Bridge – 4 Lanning
19 Chennai - Tada - 6 Lanning
20 Chennai - Ennore - 6 Lanning
21 Salem - Coimbatore - TN/KL border - 4 lanning

Tenders about to award:

5. Coimbatore – Mettupalayam – 4 Lanning upgrade

Tenders called up Stage:
-------------------------

1. Chennai Elevated Expressway (உயர விரைவு சாலை) – 6 Lanning
2. Chennai – Thiruthani – Thirupathi – 4 Lanning
3. Chrompet Flyover – 4 Lanning
4. Thandalam Flyover – 4 Lanning

DPR Stage:
--------------
1. Dindigul - Theni - Kumuli - 4 Lanning
2. Madurai – Rameswaram -Dhanushkodi – 4 Lanning
3. Thanjavur - Nagapattinam – 2 Lanning upgrade
4. Krishnagiri – Thiruvannamalai – Tindivanam – 4 Lanning
5. Madurai Ring Road - 2nd & 3rd phase (1st phase fall under MDU -Kumari section)

Proposed Stage:
-----------------

1. Coimbatore Ring Road – 4 Lanning
2. Salem Ring Road – 4 Lanning
3. Trichy Ring Road – 4 Lanning
4. Thirunelveli Ring Road – 4 Lanning
5. Chennai - Bangalore - 4 to 6 lane conversion

#66 · (Edited)
^^^^
DPR Stage:
--------------
2. Madurai – Rameswaram -Dhanushkodi – Road Widening --(4 lanning plan was dropped)Source

Techcity, spl Thanks for your kind info. I got the news in Hindu. this aug 19th, news.

After that, (last week i think, i saw the news came in dinamalar, i will find out and give to u guys later) Same Swaminathan said n all Tamil dailies published and says that, there is a rumour going on MDU - Rameshwaram project dropped due to no land, and requested all dont spread the rumours against the project, as it is not dropped, nhai going to do the project.

Please see this nhai link. nhai is pumping huge amount 1212 Crores just for 186 kms.

http://www.nhai.org/projectsonoffer_PHASE III B .asp

HENCE, MDU - Dhanuskodi 4 lannning is still on the pipeline.
Techcity and Guys,

AS I said, The MDU - Dhanuskodi 4 lanning project is not dropped, i said that news came in dinamalar few days ago. IT IS NOT few days ago.

EXACTLY yesterday Dinamalar FRONT Page news! I digged the news now.

please find the below screen shot. Swaninathan Denied the rumours and said the MDU - Ramnad will be awarded and start in two months.

Source Link Yesterday Dinamalar!

http://www.dinamalar.com/fpnnews.asp?News_id=1816&cls=row3

#70 · (Edited)

Thank you, Manivannan!

'Thedungal Kidaikkum' enbadhu naveena kalathil seidhi/ thagaval saegarikkum vaelaiyil migavum unmai. Muyarchi thaan thevai.

Further looking at the map provided, it appears that a North/South connectivity along the Kerala/TN border is required say from Udumalpettai to Kanyakumari. The lack of it could actually be due to the difficult terrain (Westen Ghats). As I have not traveled along this border area, I would not know for sure. Some one who has traveled there or living in the area can please comment on the lack of a good highway between these two places.

When all these projects are completed, the rest of TN would have a really good road connectivity.

#72 ·
Practically, it is not. But A newspaper is a MASS media, message should be reached to the million mass aka public in a simplified passion.

We are educated, we understand and know the difference between GQs, NS -EW terms, but our society is not like that.

Moreover, all NHAI project in India is considering as GQ projects in many medias.

anyway, as u and I know, nothing is there in the name, everything is in work.

as long as, they do something to our country n society, we are fine with that.

let them named whatever they want.

#74 · (Edited)
#75 ·
Friends,

I have tried to mark the TN map with various 4 laning works happening in TN highways. The legend is as follows

Green - 4 Laned already
Purple - 2 lane to 4 lane conversion in progress
Red - 2 lane to 4 lane DPR Stage/about to start

If there any corrections/additions let me know. Also if you wish to collaborate and have a gmail id, PM me the details. I can add you, so that you could also collaboratively edit the same.

As a next step, I am planning to update each sector with probable completion dates as well. So if you updated data for the same, share it with me.

Following is the link

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie...=10.374362,78.024902&spn=7.796769,9.84375&z=7

Cheers,
Hari

#76 ·
Friends,

I have tried to mark the TN map with various 4 laning works happening in TN highways. The legend is as follows

Green - 4 Laned already
Purple - 2 lane to 4 lane conversion in progress
Red - 2 lane to 4 lane DPR Stage/about to start

If there any corrections/additions let me know. Also if you wish to collaborate and have a gmail id, PM me the details. I can add you, so that you could also collaboratively edit the same.

As a next step, I am planning to update each sector with probable completion dates as well. So if you updated data for the same, share it with me.

Following is the link

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie...=10.374362,78.024902&spn=7.796769,9.84375&z=7

Cheers,
Hari
Hari,

Massive Man!, Excellent! awesome buddy!, superu! U done man!! nothing else. Real Indian Brain!

U R SUPER Man! Spider Man! BAT MAN!

#77 ·
Hari,

please see my list. and go 1 by 1. u will find the missing stretches.

Completed Projects:
---------------------

1. Madras – Krishnagiri - Bangalore – 4 Lanes
2. Madras to Tindivanam – 4 Lanes

On Going Projects – Progress:
-----------------------------

1. Chennai By Pass Road – 4 Lanning
2. Tindivanam – Trichy - Madurai – 4 Lanning
3. Krishnagiri - Kanyakumari – 4 Lanning
4. Madurai – Aruppukkottai – Tuticorin – 4 Lanning
5. Trichy - Thanjavur – 4 Lanning
6. Dindigul-Trichy – 4 Lanning
7. Trichy – Karur – 4 Lanning
8. Salem – Ulundurpet – 4 Lanning
9. TN/Pondicherry border –Tindivanam – 4 Lanning
10. Tutticorin – Thirunelveli – 4 Lanning
11 Karur – Coimbatore – 4 Lanning
12 Lalapet Bridge
13 Kathipara Flyover
14 Koyambedu Flyover
15 Padi Flyover
16 Airport Flyover
17 4 lanning of 4 km length between Koyambedu to Maduravoyal
18 Sivaganga Bridge – 4 Lanning
19 Chennai - Tada - 6 Lanning
20 Chennai - Ennore - 6 Lanning
21 Salem - Coimbatore - TN/KL border - 4 lanning

Tenders about to award:

5. Coimbatore – Mettupalayam – 4 Lanning upgrade

Tenders called up Stage:
-------------------------

1. Chennai Elevated Expressway (உயர விரைவு சாலை) – 6 Lanning
2. Chennai – Thiruthani – Thirupathi – 4 Lanning
3. Chrompet Flyover – 4 Lanning
4. Thandalam Flyover – 4 Lanning

DPR Stage:
--------------
1. Dindigul - Theni - Kumuli - 4 Lanning
2. Madurai – Rameswaram -Dhanushkodi – 4 Lanning
3. Thanjavur - Nagapattinam – 2 Lanning upgrade
4. Krishnagiri – Thiruvannamalai – Tindivanam – 4 Lanning
5. Madurai Ring Road - 2nd & 3rd phase (1st phase fall under MDU -Kumari section)

Proposed Stage:
-----------------

1. Coimbatore Ring Road – 4 Lanning
2. Salem Ring Road – 4 Lanning
3. Trichy Ring Road – 4 Lanning
4. Thirunelveli Ring Road – 4 Lanning
5. Chennai - Bangalore - 4 to 6 lane conversion

major missing :

BLR - Kumari - progress

Krishnagiri - BLR - progress

CBE - Karur - progress

Thanjavur - Nagai - dpr