SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Bizzies

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Gazzab 
#1 ·
My eldest lad was mugged on saturday night. Two coppers (M+F) came around tonight to interview him. They were both utterly charming. Very impressed.

This is written by a kid who used to get the shit kicked out of him by the bizzies in the 70s, dumped in Kirkby and then chased all the way back to Canny Farm after the bizzies informed the local psychos. Happy days :)

#4 · (Edited)
scouserdave said:
My eldest lad was mugged on saturday night. Two coppers (M+F) came around tonight to interview him. They were both utterly charming. Very impressed.

This is written by a kid who used to get the shit kicked out of him by the bizzies in the 70s, dumped in Kirkby and then chased all the way back to Canny Farm after the bizzies informed the local psychos. Happy days :)
Sorry to hear about that Scouserdave, was nearly mugged once myself on the Uni campus at night. The two lads were hiding in the dark recesses and jumped out in front of me and said iv'e got i knife. Well i just ran to where there were some people, as i did i could hear them laughing. They must know that most people will give in or run in a situation like that.

Must say that i have noticed more police on the streets recently, partroling in pairs, especially community police with the blue detail on their uniform.

#5 ·
JUXTAPOL said:
Sorry to hear about that Scouserdave, was nearly mugged once myself on the Uni campus at night. The two lads were hiding in the dark recesses and jumped out in front of me and said iv'e got i knife. Well i just ran to where there were some people, as i did i could hear them laughing. They must know that most people will give in or run in a situation like that.

Must say that i have noticed more police on the streets recently, partroling in pairs, especially community police with the blue detail on their uniform.
Sorry to read that Juxt. They also used the "iv'e got i knife" line with my kid. I pity them, because I will track them down :bash:

#6 ·
It was about 13 years ago, and was my only real scrape with being mugged, but another time after that i did sense i was about to be mugged while walking between Dale and Victoria street during the day as two lads were walking up the street towards me. I had both hands in my pockets at the time, and simply removed my hands from my pockets and produced a serious "i'm a fucking nut job" expression on my face, well the body swerve they both produced almost made me laugh. These days with all the cameras about hopefully the muggers can be caught.

#7 · (Edited)
JUXTAPOL said:
It was about 13 years ago, and was my only real scrape with being mugged, but another time after that i did sense i was about to be mugged while walking between Dale and Victoria street during the day as two lads were walking up the street towards me. I had both hands in my pockets at the time, and simply removed my hands from my pockets and produced a serious "i'm a fucking nut job" expression on my face, well the body swerve they both produced almost made me laugh. These days with all the cameras about hopefully the muggers can be caught.
When the missus and I lived in Seven Sisters Road/Stamford Hill (Tottenham area) in the late 70s, I carried a hammer at night whenever I went to the local off license/Chinese. Still have a few mates living down there and their perception is that it's a lot safer nowadays :cheers: :cheers:

#11 ·
Gazzab said:
I know what you mean. That bit can't be faked.

Hope your lad is OK Dave
He's fine Gazz, apart from a raw nerve on his chipped tooth.

Went to the police station on wendesday and he indentified one of the scrotes on the police photo database. Smart lad. The first search was negative, but he asked the WPC to omit one of the descriptions in the search ("proportionate to size") and came up trumps. They informed us they were going to nick him on that same day. Haven't heard anything since.

#12 ·
Did your lad tell hem he was 6'6" when he was really 5'0"? :?

Incidentally, I received a call from the rozzers last Friday concerning the stolen cheque and Armani watch I reported last September- with the name and current address of the smackhead culprit. They don't hang about up here Dave.... :)

#17 ·
The massive reduction in serious crime in New York City is believed to be a result of the 'Broken Windows' theory of the former police commissioner, Bob Bratton. He observed that a single broken window in a building would soon lead to all of the windows being broken and this led to the idea that tackling low level crime would help reduce serious crime.

To enforce a policy like that in Britain would require more police on the streets than we now have but action to tackle low level anti-social behaviour such as graffitti, litter dropping etc. may well lead to a reduction in mugging, drugs and gun crime. After all, even the worst offenders spend a very small percentage of their time engaged in serious crime, but a much larger time involved in low level anti-social behaviour.

#18 ·
New York swamped the streets with police officers and took no shit, they hammered repeat offenders and impact in many areas appears to have been dramatic.

It's all about numbers though and our sprawling suburbs and estates aren't condusive to neighbourhood policing.

#22 ·
scouserdave said:
He's fine Gazz, apart from a raw nerve on his chipped tooth.

Went to the police station on wendesday and he indentified one of the scrotes on the police photo database. Smart lad. The first search was negative, but he asked the WPC to omit one of the descriptions in the search ("proportionate to size") and came up trumps. They informed us they were going to nick him on that same day. Haven't heard anything since.
The Photo ID suite they use nowadays is excellent. My shift had a training day visit to the ID suite in Lancaster's Police Station. Very impressive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.