SkyscraperCity Forum banner

My sunny day in Liverpool Pics

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Gazzab 
#1 ·
Today was shamefully and shockingly the FIRST time I've been to Liverpool..Why oh why I never visited sooner I'll never know (well, I've been as a kid but I don't remember).. So Later (well, after Tea) I shall post a few of my piccies up to share, lol (nothing to exciting or original)..To start, a tiny pano of the Graces (wonky if owt)..

More Soon

See less See more
#6 ·
Lovely pic, it's got that 1960s postcard look about it...but tell us what you thought and felt on your first visit? Was it how you expected it would be? Was there anything you thought you would like more than you did, or that you found you liked that you didnt know about before?

Will check back later to see more pics!

#9 · (Edited)
As promised, some more pics ... I took dozens but because I was with people not inclined to appreciate fine city life, urban regeneration and architecture half of my pics have a slight haze or blur due to trying to keep up, so here's whats salvaged.. :cheers:

Another Pano..

#10 ·
Plus, as for the day out itself.. Totally beyond expectation..There are so many fantastic buildings in the city that really suprised me.. I love the fact the place seems so open and fresh. Still a lot to be done before 2008 but no place is perfect.. I really enjoyed sitting on the grace by the water looking at everythin... I still love RSA, even in the flesh, The cluster will look fab over that area in the next few years.. The weather was brill too.. all in all, it won't be the last visit I make :)

Now I just need fix some of those pics cos the rotation editing on photobucket isnt doing owt but changing the shape

#12 ·
Really enjoying your pics, and your first impressions are interesting - "open and fresh" is a nice way of putting it, although I wonder if people who live there maybe take that aspect of life for granted? I think that any great oceanic seaport has that kind of feel to it, it's a quality that you just don't get with inland cities. Glad you liked RSA in the flesh, I love it. Pics just don't do it justice.

Any more pics?

Edited: just spotted the taxi. That is a bit spooky.

#13 ·
I didn't even notice the taxi, lol... I'll see if there's any more pics but because the rest were more interested in buyin cd's n clothes didn't get to wonder down to the developments and stuff so most are just repetitive angles of same buildings, I'll see what else is worth it though.. still sorting those x's, lol..

Yes, See I feel with Manchester the streets are all enclosed and flat, it has a very Cosmo feel to it and love it, but I love Liverpool's openess..just seem to be that lil bit wider a street etc.. Having a open space with the water really helps, there's a good few trees about too.. so yeh, great place.

#20 ·
Great pics there Ferge, and a good angle for the Thistle which looks like a huge Liner. :cool:

That shot shows the variation in unique architecture from the shadowy RSA to the ventilation tunnels, the growing Unity, the ship shape Thistle to the scaffold clad St Nics church. Youv'e even included a traffic light. :)

Will be an angle i will use for some of my own piccys in the future. :cheers:

#21 ·
When standing at that point I did wish I was going to be a resident in Unity, lol.. Whilst it wouldn't be my first choice of residence aesthetically.. the view will be somet.. To wake up every morning with the Liver building, a grand church and a cluster all in one view.. along with the water.. Also I'd love to live over a busy road (must be in a minority, lol). Because watching that volume of traffic just really gives a bustling city feel and that n it's the kinda environment I'd love live in, lol..Crazy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.