SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Best Chinese Skylines Thread

787K views 2K replies 122 participants last post by  kony 
#1 ·
Currently the fastest growing nation in the world, China is building hundreds of skyscrapers over 200 meters. As a result, China has produced many spectacular skylines in the past 2 decades. However, most Chinese skylines are unnoticed because they don't get publicity, except for Shanghai and Hong Kong.

The nation with most skyscrapers deserve a thread of its own here in this forum. Please share the photos you like from any/all Chinese cities :)

#157 ·
HK and Shanghai are hors concours.

Beijing has a improving skyline by asian/NA standards, but is not quite there yet. Let's wait 5/10 years and we'll see.

Shenzen is growing on me, that expansive mass os highrises is stunning, but still a bit boring architecturewise.

Chongqing has that lovely bending river that gives a really beautiful point os view.

Guangzhou is gorgeous, almost in the same league of HK and Shanghai already.

Impossible to pick just one.

#168 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Huangpu is a tributary of the Yangtze, which is one of the most sedimentary rivers in the world - so the colour is due to the natural mud. However it is also polluted, but the invisible type of chemical pollution. I wouldnt dip my feet in there.

It is actually much improved since the 1970s and 80s, and is a case study for what to do in the World Health Organisation - they reduced metal by nearly 100% and made sewage works etc. However organic pollution from pulp mills is still a problem.