daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Northeast and MidAtlantic > Local Forums > Buffalo / Niagara Falls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 13th, 2017, 07:57 PM   #16561
fubo
Registered User
 
fubo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,277
Likes (Received): 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner68 View Post
You should try because I'm far to lazy to do any GIS or sleuth work.
Agreed. HE should try. 😊
fubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #16562
Buffalomatt1027
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,295
Likes (Received): 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner68 View Post
Donít wanna crowd this thread up with speculation, even though it is entertaining. ďDunkirk DonĒ said the stadium will not be built anywhere south if the city but not downtown either. So anything in Orchard Park, Hamburg, Lackawanna, and downtown is out. This leaves somewhere else in the city or in the north towns. I canít thibk of any shopping plazas other than the Seneca Mall site that would fit his description.

If this is truly not BS, I think the Pegulas are making a huge mistake, especially if itís not a dome. All in the name of the continuance of tailgating?..that one point is why I canít believe this guy is serious.
Who is Dunkirk Don?
Buffalomatt1027 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 08:55 PM   #16563
fubo
Registered User
 
fubo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,277
Likes (Received): 724

I think it's their groundhog
fubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 09:03 PM   #16564
runner68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 217
Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalomatt1027 View Post
Who is Dunkirk Don?
He is a member on the Two Bills Drive forum, claiming to have inside knowledge on a new stadium, Rick Dennison's future, and plans for a QB selection in the first round of the coming draft. No different than one of us on this board.

He is kind of cryptic which leads me to believe it's all BS. Says stadium will be 67,000 seats, open air/no dome, east of Orchard Park (but not south of Buffalo). Training camp stays in Rochester.

Maybe he's talking about the Town of Alabama in Genesee County where the state is building that new STAMP plant..Thurman Thomas and his LLC, 3480Group, LLC has ties to Wendel (who is managing that project) as well as other ties to Batavia Downs Gaming.."Dunkirk Don" mentioned that former Bills Players and families are involved with LLC's and shell companies who have bought land with 'at least' 50 different land transactions.

Just trying to sum up everything I've gathered from his two threads at Two Bills Drive. Take a look for yourself. Have fun trying to sort through it all.

Thread 1: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...breaking-news/

Thread 2: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...pdate/?page=10
runner68 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 09:53 PM   #16565
Buffaboy
Buffalo's Idealist💡
 
Buffaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buffalo Southtowns, New York
Posts: 3,828
Likes (Received): 2125

That place did come to mind, but has it really been that active?

And it's so far away. Unless there's some underground committees attempting to meld Rochester and Buffalo together somehow by folding spacetime, I don't understand why they would put it there.

Plus if it really becomes as "busy" as he's saying then it would be sprawl on steroids in a region that can't take anymore.
Buffaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:12 PM   #16566
fubo
Registered User
 
fubo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,277
Likes (Received): 724

It would be a good location. Just as easy to get to from the Northtowns and Canada, an hour closer from Rochester and Syracuse and it's out of the snowbelt. It would also move the team out of metro Buffalo. Possible name change?
fubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:29 PM   #16567
runner68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 217
Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubo View Post
It would be a good location. Just as easy to get to from the Northtowns and Canada, an hour closer from Rochester and Syracuse and it's out of the snowbelt. It would also move the team out of metro Buffalo. Possible name change?
Name change? That would be completely idiotic and be PR suicide. I highly doubt that happens.
__________________

DC2Buff, Buffaboy liked this post
runner68 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:21 PM   #16568
fubo
Registered User
 
fubo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,277
Likes (Received): 724

The Boston Patriots did it and they seem to be thriving
fubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:23 PM   #16569
sir andrew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 81
Likes (Received): 42

I'm not sure if I trust any of Dunkirk Don's speculation. I frequent TBD. He posted about Tyrod starting earlier this week and suddenly he has a crystal ball into the next 10 years about stadium (oops, sorry) development. I would take everything with a grain of salt. Of course, if Tyrod starts this week, he's definitely right about everything. lol.


IMHO I think that the s-word is going to be at Conway Park between Ohio and Louisiana street.
__________________

runner68, Buffaboy liked this post
sir andrew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:27 PM   #16570
runner68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 217
Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubo View Post
The Boston Patriots did it and they seem to be thriving
Yeah except they did that in 1970 when this PR stuff and social media were non-existant...Not to mention the entirety of New England, including Maine, Connecticut and Rhode Island identify themselves as "New England".

Lets not forget the owner of the Patriots at that time chose "New England" for a name change because he felt the City of Boston had turned it's collective back on the team by not building them a stadium within the city. He changed it out of spite, not location.

Do all Toronto, Rochester, parts of Northwestern Pennsylvania, and regions of Central New York always define themselves as "Western New York"? I think not.

Last edited by runner68; December 13th, 2017 at 11:33 PM.
runner68 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:33 PM   #16571
runner68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 217
Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir andrew View Post
I'm not sure if I trust any of Dunkirk Don's speculation. I frequent TBD. He posted about Tyrod starting earlier this week and suddenly he has a crystal ball into the next 10 years about stadium (oops, sorry) development. I would take everything with a grain of salt. Of course, if Tyrod starts this week, he's definitely right about everything. lol.


IMHO I think that the s-word is going to be at Conway Park between Ohio and Louisiana street.
Fr. Conway Park and Canalside locations make sense if Pegula was to maximize profit and be close to all that exists...but if Pegula feels otherwise like Dunkirk Don suggests, and wants to retain the old-school feel of New Era Field, then maybe building an open air stadium in a new location out in the far uber-boonies appeals to him. Where tailgating and "Bills traditions" can continue to thrive (a la New England). But that would go against everything a smart businessman would probably think...it makes even less economic sense to build new where there are no amenities, infrastructure, transportation related facilities, farther from Buffalo, Toronto etc..than it would be to build a mega-structure downtown. Someone please tell me what Crazy Uncle Terry is thinking..
__________________

Buffaboy liked this post
runner68 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:46 PM   #16572
fubo
Registered User
 
fubo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,277
Likes (Received): 724

And the Bills owner whose wife is from Rochester might also want a more regional name.
fubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 04:44 AM   #16573
Numminen27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 227
Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECoastTransplant View Post
West Sacramento and Emeryville (Bay Area) are 70 miles apart.
IKEA in Baltimore suburb and IKEA in Washington DC suburb are 44 miles apart.
__________________

Buffaboy liked this post
Numminen27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 06:31 AM   #16574
Buffalomatt1027
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,295
Likes (Received): 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner68 View Post
He is a member on the Two Bills Drive forum, claiming to have inside knowledge on a new stadium, Rick Dennison's future, and plans for a QB selection in the first round of the coming draft. No different than one of us on this board.

He is kind of cryptic which leads me to believe it's all BS. Says stadium will be 67,000 seats, open air/no dome, east of Orchard Park (but not south of Buffalo). Training camp stays in Rochester.

Maybe he's talking about the Town of Alabama in Genesee County where the state is building that new STAMP plant..Thurman Thomas and his LLC, 3480Group, LLC has ties to Wendel (who is managing that project) as well as other ties to Batavia Downs Gaming.."Dunkirk Don" mentioned that former Bills Players and families are involved with LLC's and shell companies who have bought land with 'at least' 50 different land transactions.

Just trying to sum up everything I've gathered from his two threads at Two Bills Drive. Take a look for yourself. Have fun trying to sort through it all.

Thread 1: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...breaking-news/

Thread 2: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...pdate/?page=10
Going back to his thread ...... The land transactions Pegula has been up to is off perry street between the arena and the casino. Him and the city own a majority of the lots and buildings. He also owns the building where the Labbot Blue brewery, studio, and offices are going to go.

But 50+ land transactions? Wouldnt someone have noticed this ahead of time? Even if its dummy companies buying up the land.
__________________

runner68, Buffaboy liked this post
Buffalomatt1027 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 06:36 AM   #16575
runner68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 217
Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalomatt1027 View Post
Going back to his thread ...... The land transactions Pegula has been up to is off perry street between the arena and the casino. Him and the city own a majority of the lots and buildings. He also owns the building where the Labbot Blue brewery, studio, and offices are going to go.

But 50+ land transactions? Wouldnt someone have noticed this ahead of time? Even if its dummy companies buying up the land.
To answer your question: I don't know.

There are a few people on that board who do seem to have real sources. These people don't really elaborate like Dunkirk Don did. Here is a link to the most recent thread as Dunkirk Don started a new one this afternoon. A poster by the name of 'dlonce' seems to know someone within the organization as he commented and put together a well written post refuting everything Dunkirk Don said, save for the roster and front office spec. He basically said Dunkirk Don's insight on the stadium us completely unrealistic for his reasons mentioned here on page 28.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...-news/?page=28
runner68 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 07:08 AM   #16576
Buffalomatt1027
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,295
Likes (Received): 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner68 View Post
To answer your question: I don't know.

There are a few people on that board who do seem to have real sources. These people don't really elaborate like Dunkirk Don did. Here is a link to the most recent thread as Dunkirk Don started a new one this afternoon. A poster by the name of 'dlonce' seems to know someone within the organization as he commented and put together a well written post refuting everything Dunkirk Don said, save for the roster and front office spec. He basically said Dunkirk Don's insight on the stadium us completely unrealistic for his reasons mentioned here on page 28.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...-news/?page=28
The stadium is going downtown .... Its where everything else is in Pegulaville. No way in the world it goes between Rochester and Buffalo. After living in Rochester, i would honestly say I met more Giants or Jets fans than Bills fans.

Also going back to his posts: He talks about Pegulas want to cater to tailgating.

That is flat out wrong and the Pegula's are embarrassed by what going on during Bills tailgating. They move tailgating downtown, it might eliminate of the the craziness.
__________________

BuffalOwn liked this post

Last edited by Buffalomatt1027; December 14th, 2017 at 07:21 AM.
Buffalomatt1027 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:02 AM   #16577
Buffaboy
Buffalo's Idealist💡
 
Buffaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buffalo Southtowns, New York
Posts: 3,828
Likes (Received): 2125

They should take Lucas Oil Stadium's nod to history and merge it with the future of football stadium exteriors in Inglewood Stadium, and put it right at the corner of Ohio Street and Chicago.

Last edited by Buffaboy; December 14th, 2017 at 08:12 PM.
Buffaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 08:05 PM   #16578
atypical
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boston, MA | Buffalo Niagara
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaboy View Post
Lucas Oil Stadium's nod to history and merge it with the future of football stadium exteriors in Inglewood Stadium
That sounds like a cluster fuk. I cannot stand Lucas Oil Stadium from a design perspective.

We have enough real stuff that we don't need to Disney the F out of a stadium with a fake preservation design..

Go modern - cutting edge... Calatrava-ish.

Just my two cents.
__________________

fubo, runner68, Buffaboy liked this post
atypical no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 08:12 PM   #16579
Buffaboy
Buffalo's Idealist💡
 
Buffaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buffalo Southtowns, New York
Posts: 3,828
Likes (Received): 2125

OK I agree.

Inglewood Stadium all the way.
Buffaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 08:12 PM   #16580
runner68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 217
Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by atypical View Post
That sounds like a cluster fuk. I cannot stand Lucas Oil Stadium from a design perspective.

We have enough real stuff that we don't need to Disney the F out of a stadium with a fake preservation design..

Go modern - cutting edge... Calatrava-ish.

Just my two cents.
Agreed. Factory style stadiums like Lucas Oil and Ford Field in Detroit would look and work excellent in Buffalo, especially in the Cobblestone District, but maybe its time to push the envelope a bit and do something a little more modern for the 21st century. Something that will be a landmark in Buffalo for a long time.
__________________

Buffaboy liked this post
runner68 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
amherst, black rock, buffalo, cheektowaga, cobblestone, delaware ave., delaware park, depew, east aurora, east side, elmwood, inner harbor, kensington, lackawanna, lancaster, main st., niagara square, outer harbor, polonia, south side, south towns, the tonawandas, west side, williamsville

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium