search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > New South Wales > Sydney CBD

Sydney CBD and surrounding inner-city areas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 19th, 2017, 02:55 PM   #561
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi View Post
Looking very brown...
I hope it's blue or silver, not more brown and dullness

Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2017, 03:56 PM   #562
jpsolarized

Likes (Received): 558

How much time until it gets approved? And how many years until it starts construction? In the "list of tallest buildings in Sydney" in Wikipedia, almost ALL buildings seem to be barely on the approval stage.
jpsolarized no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #563
Sky_Is_The_Limit

Likes (Received): 4952

A couple of screenshots from the 7 News Sydney story this evening. The first is from the south, I think the second is from the west.

https://www.facebook.com/7newssydney...9825625708230/

SYDNEY

WandaVista Hotel Kengo Kuma & Crone | York & George John Wardle | Darling Exchange Kengo Kuma

jammi, mandonov, Beep1Beep2, linum, (the) and 3 others liked this post
Sky_Is_The_Limit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 04:03 PM   #564
Sky_Is_The_Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsolarized View Post
How much time until it gets approved?
A Stage 2 DA is expected to be lodged in late 2017. Approval would be expected in mid-late 2018.

Quote:
And how many years until it starts construction? In the "list of tallest buildings in Sydney" in Wikipedia, almost ALL buildings seem to be barely on the approval stage.
Lendlease has already lodged a DA for demolition of all existing buildings on site. Assuming it is approved this year, demolition should start next year.

SYDNEY

WandaVista Hotel Kengo Kuma & Crone | York & George John Wardle | Darling Exchange Kengo Kuma
Old June 19th, 2017, 04:14 PM   #565
Sky_Is_The_Limit

edit: my bad...see above for more interesting info.

SYDNEY

Old June 19th, 2017, 05:05 PM   #566
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 480

It looks far better from the south, I can't quite get a handle on the exact shape of the tower, i'd like to see something showing it from above so we can see it's true shape.
Old June 19th, 2017, 06:59 PM   #567
jammi

Likes (Received): 472

Here's the floorplan of the envelope which was posted a few months ago. Looks like there have been some changes but the basic shape has had to remain the same due to the tight site.

Incandescent, cnd liked this post
jammi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 01:56 AM   #568
prp002

Likes (Received): 1576

noice. unewesual. different.
prp002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 02:13 AM   #569
sydneyrocks

Likes (Received): 3

i know its early days but initial render is just OK. For the location i was hoping for something quite innovative and dramatic. Looks like a rather bland office tower found in most major cities these days. Lets face it Asia puts up one of these standard office towers each month, if not each week!

I will reserve judgment but for this location and for being Sydney's tallest tower it really needs a stand out, non conformist, design. Is Sydney going to miss that chance yet again?
sydneyrocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 02:55 AM   #570
cnd
downtown.

Likes (Received): 9181

Even the prestigious U.S publication Architectural Digest is reporting on it:

Quote:
Foster + Partners Wins Competition for a $1.5 Billion Design in Sydney Harbor

The firm is regarded as one of the best in the world for their innovative and sustainable approach to architecture.

Nick Mafi
June 19, 2017

In 1973, Australia's Sydney Harbor became one of the most recognizable landmarks in the world when its Opera House was completed. Now, some four decades later, and the area will see another boom in architecture. This time, courtesy of one of the leading international firms, Foster + Partners.

The firm—which is lead by the Pritzker Prize-winning architect, Norman Foster—won an international competition to design a new office structure, Circular Quay Tower, in Sydney Harbor. Foster + Partners beat out such top firms as David Chipperfield Architects, Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM), HOK, and Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates.

Foster + Partners is well-known for creating some of the world's most innovative buildings, including the Hearst Tower in New York City and The Gherkin in London. Most recently, they completed the world's greenest Apple store in Singapore.

In Sydney, however, their design will cost $1.5 billion and stretch 863 feet into the air, making it the tallest office tower in the city. The building will be the centerpiece of a plan to reinvigorate the area with new, and exciting structures. To that end, the project will include several pedestrian pathways that cross through the site at multiple levels.

“We wanted Circular Quay Tower and its surroundings to be of its place, taking advantage of its topography and unique location near Sydney Harbour,” said Head of Studio and Senior Executive Partner at Foster + Partner, Gerard Evenden, in a statement.

“The innovative workspaces at Circular Quay Tower are flexibly designed to support new ways of working in the 21st century so that anyone from a new start-up to large companies can enjoy this fabulous urban location. We are delighted that the jury concurred with our design vision and look forward eagerly to the next stages of the project.” Evenden added.

There is no announcement as to when the project might be completed.
http://www.architecturaldigest.com/s...-sydney-harbor

My city is better than yours.

Brizer, (the), Parra 1 liked this post

Last edited by cnd; June 20th, 2017 at 05:41 AM.
cnd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 03:48 AM   #571
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 8919

i wished the cross framing went up past roof to achieve an even greater height
Old June 20th, 2017, 10:51 AM   #572
AtD
Bigger is better

Likes (Received): 1277

I don't see this "innovative design" - unless the innovation is to make something so tall fade into the background so quickly!
AtD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 01:40 AM   #573
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 8919

I CHANGED MY DRAWING TO MORE BRONZE COLOUR

nOchAos, AltiusAltiusAltius liked this post
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote